Some tips for making the game run better on older machines

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Some tips for making the game run better on older machines

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:39 pm

If you have apparent mouse lag when playing the game, here are some things you can do to improve game performance:

1) Run the game in (unframed) Windowed Mode at your screen’s natural resolution. (Settings). This will look exactly the same as Full Screen mode, but may run better.

2) Turn off other programs running concurrently.

3) Force OFF VSync on NVidia cards and Vertical Refresh on ATI cards.

4) Turn off anti-aliasing. (Although it is off by default) (Settings)

5) Turn shadows to Low. (Settings)

6) Turn shadows Off. (Settings)
Richard Bodley Scott

Patrick Ward
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Some tips for making the game run better on older machin

Post by Patrick Ward » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:21 pm

I don't know if its an optical illusion but I found reducing the field of view from the standard 50 down to 30 increased speed and smoothness. You could try any number between.

Data/Mapview.txt

FOV 30 //50

Pat a Pixel Pusher

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:34 pm

As it will (for a given viewpoint) be rendering less objects, then it would probably give some additional speed.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Splatsch
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Splatsch » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:50 am

Thanks for the tips, I have an old computer and I appreciate the concern for people like me :)

May I ask, is there a file where there are more options we could modify ? Is there a way to reduce shaders, cloud/fog effects, quality of water, things like that ? I'm not good at technical stuff sorry :oops: And I prefer to not touch anything before asking here.
And do you think there could be a way to disable shadows on terrain only ? That could help a lot.

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Splatsch wrote:Thanks for the tips, I have an old computer and I appreciate the concern for people like me :)

May I ask, is there a file where there are more options we could modify ? Is there a way to reduce shaders, cloud/fog effects, quality of water, things like that ? I'm not good at technical stuff sorry :oops: And I prefer to not touch anything before asking here.
And do you think there could be a way to disable shadows on terrain only ? That could help a lot.
We don't really have that degree of control. You could tweak the shaders in CORE/SHADERS if you wanted to, but disabling shadows is probably a better last resort for performance. Along with DEBUGSLIM. We can look at additional tweaks for very low-end machines if needed.

Cheers

Pip

Splatsch

Post by Splatsch » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:15 am

pipfromslitherine wrote:
Splatsch wrote:Thanks for the tips, I have an old computer and I appreciate the concern for people like me :)

We don't really have that degree of control. You could tweak the shaders in CORE/SHADERS if you wanted to, but disabling shadows is probably a better last resort for performance. Along with DEBUGSLIM. We can look at additional tweaks for very low-end machines if needed.

Cheers

Pip
Well, that was only ideas because on some other games, reducing levels of shaders in options for example could improve performances. Fogs, particles, fancy effects like bloom or AA can be really resource consuming too, but I don't know how much of theses are in Field of Glroy II (and how/where to adjust them). And there are other things like FOV/view distance, complexity of models... But remember that I'm not very good in all of this things, only gaming experience XD
I just looked in the files for the shaders, I'm not good enough to know what can be changed or not in the hope to improve things :P But thanks for the infos. I haven't found DEBUSLIM though ?
And disabling shadows... feels a bit weird : there isn't the feeling that units are "touching ground" (for me). That's why I suggested the idea of only units having shadow.

I really don't want to annoy you with that, so if there can be improvements/tweaks, that would be awesome and gladly welcome, if not, as long as things aren't worsening with the updates that's ok :)

Cheers !

Edit : after playing a lot more during the week-end, well... some battles were laggy :P Disabling shadow helped but didn't solved totally (and as I said earlier, if I can I really prefer keep them turned on for the units). So indeed if something can be done, that would be very nice. If not, I understand well, and I won't love the game or your team less ;) Thanks for your answer by the way :)

carll11
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by carll11 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:35 pm

I am sorry (*but glad in a way;) to see I am not the only having this issue and its very annoying....and its across the board rig wise.

I played it first on a 4 year old lenovo laptop, pretty bad, then a 1 year old premium Dell, still bad but not quite so much, then my gaming rig which I usually reserve for high speed FPS and RPGs, win 7 3.2 Exteme Edition Pentium with a 1 Gig Radeon card, and I am still getting mouse lag. I played with my main windows mouse speed scroll toolbar etc...didn't help ( I play low shadows,No AA, low details etc. and zero no prgms running in background etc.)

It appears the mouse hangs up on the lets say in laymans terms- the grids that aren't present to the gamers eye that the games move mechanics uses as a hexgrid for units to move on.... it 'stutters' across them for lack of a better term.

I might suggest doing what other games with his kind of video rendering do- they have added a 1-10 slide enabled feature/tool for mouse sensitivity in the tools, I am sure theres a nearly out of the box code that could help, its been done since the 90's

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:03 pm

carll11 wrote:I am sorry (*but glad in a way;) to see I am not the only having this issue and its very annoying....and its across the board rig wise.

I played it first on a 4 year old lenovo laptop, pretty bad, then a 1 year old premium Dell, still bad but not quite so much, then my gaming rig which I usually reserve for high speed FPS and RPGs, win 7 3.2 Exteme Edition Pentium with a 1 Gig Radeon card, and I am still getting mouse lag. I played with my main windows mouse speed scroll toolbar etc...didn't help ( I play low shadows,No AA, low details etc. and zero no prgms running in background etc.)

It appears the mouse hangs up on the lets say in laymans terms- the grids that aren't present to the gamers eye that the games move mechanics uses as a hexgrid for units to move on.... it 'stutters' across them for lack of a better term.

I might suggest doing what other games with his kind of video rendering do- they have added a 1-10 slide enabled feature/tool for mouse sensitivity in the tools, I am sure theres a nearly out of the box code that could help, its been done since the 90's
Without the specific specs and video card/screen rez combinations I can't really speak to performance, but SHIFT+Q will give you the framerate for the mouse. If the framerate is high but the mouse lags then it is generally a driver buffering too many frames before rendering, which can sometimes be tweaked in the video card control panel.

Cheers

Pip

carll11
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by carll11 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:48 pm

pipfromslitherine wrote:
carll11 wrote:I am sorry (*but glad in a way;) to see I am not the only having this issue and its very annoying....and its across the board rig wise.

Without the specific specs and video card/screen rez combinations I can't really speak to performance, but SHIFT+Q will give you the framerate for the mouse. If the framerate is high but the mouse lags then it is generally a driver buffering too many frames before rendering, which can sometimes be tweaked in the video card control panel.

Cheers

Pip

excellent point, thank you sir Pip, I'll check that when I get home;)

AlexDetrojan
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by AlexDetrojan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:28 pm

Hi Pip et al. Please, in your next patch update, try to fix the mouse issue if you can. I have tried each and every trick that has been proffered, yet the mouse issue remains. I purchased this game after checking the system requirements. I indeed do meet those requirements. I, like many others wish to enjoy this game, and keep it on my hard-drive in hopes that a patch will address this issue. Failing that, a refund I guess, would be appreciated. Fingers crossed on the update. :)
Cheers
Alex

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:42 pm

AlexDetrojan wrote:Hi Pip et al. Please, in your next patch update, try to fix the mouse issue if you can. I have tried each and every trick that has been proffered, yet the mouse issue remains. I purchased this game after checking the system requirements. I indeed do meet those requirements. I, like many others wish to enjoy this game, and keep it on my hard-drive in hopes that a patch will address this issue. Failing that, a refund I guess, would be appreciated. Fingers crossed on the update. :)
Cheers
Alex
What are your system specs? What settings are you running the game at?

Cheers

Pip

Splatsch

Post by Splatsch » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:32 am

Yeah, sorry for not having given you my specs earlier :P
Here they are :

Win7 64bits
Intel Core i5 2300 @ 2.80GHz
6Go Ram DDR3 @ 665MHz
1535MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 440

I used Speccy to get them.
To precise things, I lowered ingame resolution to 1680x1050 (instead of 1920x1080), I am in Fullscreen with low shadows, and I manually capped the FPS to 25 (or else my graphic card was often at max temp, and with regular slowdowns).
With my current settings my situation is the one I described in this thread, especially in my previous message : I usually can play without real issues (graphic card temp is really reasonable and no noticeable slowdown), but for some battles (terrains ?) especially big ones : huge slowdowns & graphic card temp increasing a lot. Turning shadows off helps, but doesn't solve really.

I hope this will help you to help us ;)

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:34 pm

Splatsch wrote:Yeah, sorry for not having given you my specs earlier :P
Here they are :

Win7 64bits
Intel Core i5 2300 @ 2.80GHz
6Go Ram DDR3 @ 665MHz
1535MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 440

I used Speccy to get them.
To precise things, I lowered ingame resolution to 1680x1050 (instead of 1920x1080), I am in Fullscreen with low shadows, and I manually capped the FPS to 25 (or else my graphic card was often at max temp, and with regular slowdowns).
With my current settings my situation is the one I described in this thread, especially in my previous message : I usually can play without real issues (graphic card temp is really reasonable and no noticeable slowdown), but for some battles (terrains ?) especially big ones : huge slowdowns & graphic card temp increasing a lot. Turning shadows off helps, but doesn't solve really.

I hope this will help you to help us ;)
Unfortunately that is a pretty low-end card, especially at a reasonably high resolution. Have you tried Windowed mode? It can help sometimes.

That said, there are some small optimisations in the new patch, so that may help too.

Cheers

Pip

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:39 pm

pipfromslitherine wrote:That said, there are some small optimisations in the new patch, so that may help too.
Actually those optimisations won't take effect until patch 2 because patch 1 does not have the .EXE with those changes.
Richard Bodley Scott

AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:53 pm

Hi Pip, sorry for the delay. Running at no shadows, windowed, 800X600 Have updated my video drivers, plus the other tips you provided in this thread. Hope this is the info you require:System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 10/25/2017, 14:48:23
Machine name: OWNER-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.151019-1254)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: 7659WNS
BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBLx
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2022MB RAM
Page File: 1580MB used, 2464MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&SUBSYS_20B517AA&REV_0C
Display Memory: 358 MB
Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
Shared Memory: 358 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: LEN4031
Native Mode: 1280 x 800(p) (60.001Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32
Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.1867 (English)
Driver Version: 8.15.10.1867
DDI Version: 10
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/6/2009 17:06:48, 5472256 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-6942-11CF-5173-BF00ACC2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x2A02
SubSys ID: 0x20B517AA
Revision ID: 0x000C
Driver Strong Name: oem41.inf:Intel.Mfg.NTamd64:i965GM0:8.15.10.1867:pci\ven_8086&dev_2a02&subsys_20b517aa
Rank Of Driver: 00EC0001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeWMV9_B ModeVC1_B
Deinterlace Caps: {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
D3D9 Overlay: Supported
DXVA-HD: Not Supported
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Unfortunately the 965 is vastly too slow to give you a good experience. To give some perspective, it has benchmark score of 24. A GT 710 (a sub $50 card, and pretty much the lowest end discrete card you can buy today - something I would not really recommend for gaming at all) has a score of 667. So you can see why it might be struggling! A $100 1030 card will give you 2200+ (and a top end card will be in the 12000 range!) - so you can see the wide range out there! :)

I develop on a min-range-to-cheap card (a 750) which I think cost me about $150 when it was pretty new, and that has a benchmark of 3600 or so.

So, in summary, a discrete card will definitely give you a major performance boost.

edit: I also note you only have 2Gb of RAM in total. This is going to struggle to run W7 plus a game with any memory use. It might be time to upgrade the whole system, given a RAM and videocard upgrade... Not the news you want I know!

Cheers

Pip

AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:23 pm

Thanks Pip. Yes it is a very old laptop. I guess this is a good time to upgrade to new. Thanks for your help! :)

Barrold713
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Barrold713 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:22 am

Just a FYI but I lost both my 980M video cards over the weekend and was still able to start the next round of the Beyond the Fringe tournament using the integrated Intel HD 4600 graphics card. I was very surprised. I did lower the resolution from 3440 x 1440 and lowered the shadows and V-sync but all things considered it played quite nicely. Still looking forward to getting the replacement cards and running at full power of course.

Johnus
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Johnus » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:50 am

Guys: Let's be honest. There are many machines that can not be considered "older" which have the mouse lagging issue. And, while I like the graphics in this game, they are hardly the ultimate and should not be taxing even the "middle aged" machine. Me thinks the issue is in the game and not the machines.

That said, I have an "older" machine and cured the mouse lag by turning off shadows in Rise of Rome and Infernal Fire. But it is back with Legions Triumphant. What gives? Anyone?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:10 am

Johnus wrote:Guys: Let's be honest. There are many machines that can not be considered "older" which have the mouse lagging issue. And, while I like the graphics in this game, they are hardly the ultimate and should not be taxing even the "middle aged" machine. Me thinks the issue is in the game and not the machines.

That said, I have an "older" machine and cured the mouse lag by turning off shadows in Rise of Rome and Infernal Fire. But it is back with Legions Triumphant. What gives? Anyone?
We are not aware of adding anything that would cause this, but we will look into it.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”