Reinstalling my games

Okie
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Reinstalling my games

Post by Okie »

My hard drive fritzed and now I need to redownload all my games(FoGII, Imortal Fire, legions Triumphant and the updates) but don't know where to go or how to redownload them? Please send instructions step by step for me. Okie :? :( :oops:
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Reinstalling my games

Post by VPaulus »

You can download games and patches from the Member's Area provided they are registered to the account. Please see the forum post below which explains how to do this:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4290024
Okie
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Okie »

I still can't get my games to play and I have TWICE sent the error messeges perbatem to support and have never received a reply let alone a fix!??? :( :o :shock: :? :x :roll: :!: :?: :idea: Okie
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Okie wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:03 am I still can't get my games to play and I have TWICE sent the error messeges perbatem to support and have never received a reply let alone a fix!??? :( :o :shock: :? :x :roll: :!: :?: :idea: Okie
I am very sorry to hear this. I have sent them a reminder. A thousand apologies.
Richard Bodley Scott

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Okie wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:03 am I still can't get my games to play and I have TWICE sent the error messeges perbatem to support and have never received a reply let alone a fix!??? :( :o :shock: :? :x :roll: :!: :?: :idea: Okie
I've checked the helpdesk and the last ticket you've sent us from your "@cox.net" domain email address is from 321 days ago. Could you please try send us from a different email address?
Thank you.
Okie
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Okie »

VPaulus wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:24 am
I've checked the helpdesk and the last ticket you've sent us from your "@cox.net" domain email address is from 321 days ago. Could you please try send us from a different email address?
Thank you.
I do not know how to do that as this is the only e-mail I have. would it do any good to post them here? Thanks! Steve (Okie)
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Okie wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:24 pm
Thank you.
I do not know how to do that as this is the only e-mail I have. would it do any good to post them here? Thanks! Steve (Okie)
Yes please.

Can I just ask, what email address have you been posting your problem to?
Richard Bodley Scott

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

You can also open a helpdesk ticket in Matrix:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3901652
Okie
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Okie »

rbodleyscott wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:29 am
Okie wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:24 pm
Thank you.
Yes please.

Can I just ask, what email address have you been posting your problem to?
To support above. I have know idea what the e-mail address is! Okie
I will post the error mess. below. Thanks!
Okie
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Okie »

First one:
invalid text file. must be standard windows UNICODE
C:/Users/Steve/Documents/MY
Games/FieldOFGlory2/Multiplayer//TT_MOD_MP_CUSTUM_BATTLES/TEXT
1.TXT
(0)

2nd one:
***Unhandled Exception! ExpCode: 0x80000003 ExpFlags:
0 ExpAddress: 0x00508D9D Please report!

The above is what I get exactly. Can any one fix this so I can get back to playing the games? OR could I just redownload all the games like when I first bought them, without having to buy them all again?
Maybe Slitherine could send me a disc with all the games on it and I could download it all to my hard drive and get everything working that way? :( :? Okie
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Okie wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:15 am First one:
1.TXT
(0)

2nd one:

The above is what I get exactly. Can any one fix this so I can get back to playing the games? OR could I just redownload all the games like when I first bought them, without having to buy them all again?
Maybe Slitherine could send me a disc with all the games on it and I could download it all to my hard drive and get everything working that way? :( :? Okie
This is not a problem with the game installation. This is due to an error in a mod.

You need to delete the MP TT Mod folder:

C:/Users/Steve/Documents/My Games/FieldOFGlory2/Multiplayer//TT_MOD_MP_CUSTUM_BATTLES

That should hopefully fix the issue, and then you can try and redownload the Mod.
Richard Bodley Scott

Okie
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Okie »

Every time I try, it tells me it can't find it? Is there some special way to find the folder??? :x :( :? :roll: Okie
I've even tried to uninstall the games so I can start again but can't get the uninstall to work either???
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Okie wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:25 pm Every time I try, it tells me it can't find it? Is there some special way to find the folder??? :x :( :? :roll: Okie
There is nothing special about the folder, it is just a normal folder in your documents in

/Documents/My Games/Field of Glory 2/ Multiplayer/
I've even tried to uninstall the games so I can start again but can't get the uninstall to work either???
You probably don't need to uninstall/reinstall the game. Uninstalling the game would not delete the contents of the above folder anyway.
Richard Bodley Scott

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

1.TXT
(0)

2nd one:

The above is what I get exactly.
Hi Richard,

What has happened here?

Has Okie's download of the mod become corrupted, or have I done something wrong with this file? Surely if something was wrong with the mod everyone would have this issue?

Since when was the mod name spelt CUSTUM anyway, when I last looked it was spelt CUSTOM. Or has Okie merely typed it out wrong?

cheers

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Paul59 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:13 am
1.TXT
(0)

2nd one:

The above is what I get exactly.
Hi Richard,

What has happened here?

Has Okie's download of the mod become corrupted, or have I done something wrong with this file? Surely if something was wrong with the mod everyone would have this issue?

Since when was the mod name spelt CUSTUM anyway, when I last looked it was spelt CUSTOM. Or has Okie merely typed it out wrong?

cheers

Paul
Good questions.

I also cannot think of any reason why Okie cannot find the mod to delete it.
Richard Bodley Scott

Okie
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Okie »

Yes, I spelled a word wrong but still can't seem to find the damn Mod and am getting more then a little frustrated!!! :x :x :x Okie
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Okie wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:12 am Yes, I spelled a word wrong but still can't seem to find the damn Mod and am getting more then a little frustrated!!! :x :x :x Okie
Can you Find the folder

/Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/Multiplayer ?

or

/My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/Multiplayer?
Richard Bodley Scott

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

I have just been conversing with another player on the Steam forums, who had exactly the same error message.

He reported that the Text1.txt in his version of the TT Mod was totally blank. It should of course have text in it. Which makes me think that the download may have been corrupted. Probably the best thing is to download the mod again.

cheers

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Okie
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Okie »

Well! I ended up deleting everything that had anything to do with FoGII or 2 and reinstalled everything and am FINALLY able to play again!! :roll: :D Okie
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Okie wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:04 am Well! I ended up deleting everything that had anything to do with FoGII or 2 and reinstalled everything and am FINALLY able to play again!! :roll: :D Okie
Good news.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”