Problems downloading WATG

Doyley50
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Problems downloading WATG

Post by Doyley50 »

Jlan5031 wrote
"I downloaded Wolves today, installed it several times, was told it was installed, but it doesn't show up in the game. I'm also informed, every time I open the game, there's a new version available. I've installed the update several times. What have I done wrong?"
I have exactly the same problem,but it works fine in Steam. Any ideas?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Problems downloading WATG

Post by zakblood »

Triarii
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by Triarii »

Sorry Zac

I am having the same problem.
Ran WATG install added my Key checked I had all my other DLC's showing - yes - got a successful install message but now :-

Open FoGII and cannot see WATG can see all other DLCs.
But I also get a 'newer version of game available' message at opening the game and at trying to open multiplayer. I cannot access multiplayer.

If I run update I get most recent version already installed message. (I also see 1.5.3 build 10009 in opening screen)
If I run WATG.exe get asked for the usual - language; then welcome; then enter Key; then EULA then immediately to Finished Install.
Then I start all of the above again done this 4 times - any suggestions before a re-install?

Cheers
Mike
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

i'll have to ask i'm sorry to say as i've been testing and using the steam version and haven't been on the site version, but others have, so will get back and confirm if any of them are having an issue, sorry about this, will get it sorted asap
Gnaeus
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Gnaeus »

Same problem here.
Triarii

Post by Triarii »

Thank you Zac - appreciated.
You are correct that it is site version I do not use Steam.
Cheers
Mike
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

message passed on, just waiting now for a reply, as soon as i hear anything, i'll post and update you all
julianbarker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by julianbarker »

Moved from other thread - I spent ages downloading the update using in game update feature as speed from Slitherine server seems very slow after purchasing DLC and entered the DLC serial when prompted. The game still displays v1.5.3 when starting and then prompts for a new version and asks me to click 'OK' to download latest version. There is no 'OK' button. But if I click the 'V' proceed button - the only option available I am simply taken to the game menu where my DLC is not available.

If I try and update in game I am told I have the latest version. But if I start the game I am told there is a newer version which asks me to click 'OK' when there is no 'OK' button etc. If I try and update I am told I have the latest version etc etc infinite loop.

How do I get the latest version so I can play my DLC as I appear to have it but don't have it? I entered the DLC serial when prompted but don't have access to the DLC content and don't see where else I can enter it.

I have tried downloading the update direct date from the Slitherine site again but download speed frustratingly slower than my internet connection.

Buying additional content should never be this hard.
z1812z
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by z1812z »

Same problems here. Exactly as the OP listed. Quite disappointing.
julianbarker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by julianbarker »

Downloading the update file from the Slitherine site took 45 minutes. It gave me messages confirming the DLC serial was already on board, and that it had installed 1.5.12 correctly. When I launched the game it said 1.5.3 and told me there was a newer version once again. In game the DLC is missing.
drewgalander
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by drewgalander »

Same problems as other posters. :cry:
z1812z
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by z1812z »

A bit more information.

I have installed Wolves at the Gate and the 1.5.12 update on a laptop with win10 and a desktop with win7. Neither installation has shown the Wolves at the Gate in the DLC list while in the game. The following is the same for both computers.

- When I start the game from the Desktop I receive a pop-up that says there is a newer version available. When clicked upon it disappears without leading anywhere. The game is updated to 1.5.12 as that is the version showing if I look at
Field of Glory under uninstall.
- Wolves at the Gate does not appear in the game menu. I do see all the other DLC's listed.
- The window that allows you to activate a DLC lists Wolves at the Gate as being activated.
- Otherwise the game works properly and I can play any other DLC's.
- I have all the other DLC's and did not experienced any problems installing them.
budd
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by budd »

Pretty much the same story with me, i'm using the Matrix version. I can't play my pbem game because it says there is a newer version. i downloaded the update[via the game updater] and it said there was already a newer version on my machine. The game screen shows i currently have 1.5.3 V10009 installed, looks like the new update is mis- numbered, 1.5.12, Waiting for the fix.
budd
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by budd »

i downloaded from the members area, and ignored the message about me having a newer version already installed, installed anyway, works fine and i can access my pbem game. Now shows 1.5.12 V10009
julianbarker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by julianbarker »

As above, I tried that. Ran through install, confirmed new version installed but running the game it still thinks it is 1.5.3, DLC not available and prompts me to install new version.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

sorry it's not been sorted atm, i'm away on holiday now, so have left this with staff support, who will carry on and pick up from where i left it, they have the messages, so will reply with a solution asap, sorry for the delay and issue
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Question: Was your previous game installation in a non-default location?
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

z1812z wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:50 pm A bit more information.

I have installed Wolves at the Gate and the 1.5.12 update on a laptop with win10 and a desktop with win7. Neither installation has shown the Wolves at the Gate in the DLC list while in the game. The following is the same for both computers.

- When I start the game from the Desktop I receive a pop-up that says there is a newer version available. When clicked upon it disappears without leading anywhere. The game is updated to 1.5.12 as that is the version showing if I look at
Field of Glory under uninstall.
- Wolves at the Gate does not appear in the game menu. I do see all the other DLC's listed.
- The window that allows you to activate a DLC lists Wolves at the Gate as being activated.
- Otherwise the game works properly and I can play any other DLC's.
- I have all the other DLC's and did not experienced any problems installing them.
Does the game itself (in Settings) show the version as 1.5.12 or 1.5.3?
Richard Bodley Scott

Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Tamas »

Hi guys,

Are you certain that you are running the same copy of the game you have updated? So, not accidentally running a non-updated GOG copy instead of the Slitherine one? We are investigating the issue but so far have found everything working correctly on our end.
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Tamas »

We have now uploaded the full 1.5.12 installer to the Members Area. If you have registered your FOG2 copy there, you will find it in the "Core" section.

You should uninstall your previous copy of the game, and install it again with this 1.5.12 installer, which of course can also be used to unlock your DLCs during the installation, as well.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”