Field of Glory II: TT Mod not recognized

uneducated
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Field of Glory II: TT Mod not recognized

Post by uneducated » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:19 pm

The game does not seem to recognize the installation of the TT Mods needed for the DIgital Tournament. I believe the correct versions have been installed in the correct places. Please see the screenshots. It is Windows 10. It is the latest Field of Glory II Patch too. I think the patches must happen automatically. The following patch notes are mentioned in the Read me File – 30th May 2019 Version 1.5.12

@rbodleyscott @stockwellpete
Campaigns Folder.jpg
Campaigns Folder.jpg (67.52 KiB) Viewed 1584 times
Last edited by uneducated on Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

uneducated

Re: Field of Glory II: TT Mod not recognized

Post by uneducated » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:21 pm

Multiplayer Folder.jpg
Multiplayer Folder.jpg (50.21 KiB) Viewed 1583 times

uneducated

Post by uneducated » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:21 pm

Steam Folder.jpg
Steam Folder.jpg (307.29 KiB) Viewed 1582 times

uneducated

Post by uneducated » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:49 pm

uneducated wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:19 pm
The game does not seem to recognize the installation of the TT Mods needed for the DIgital Tournament. I believe the correct versions have been installed in the correct places. Please see the screenshots. It is Windows 10. The game was installed using Steam onto a hard disk that is not the C Drive. The game plays ok ordinarily.

@rbodleyscott @stockwellpete

Campaigns Folder.jpg

uneducated

Post by uneducated » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:55 pm

Multiplayer Problem.jpg
Multiplayer Problem.jpg (1012.24 KiB) Viewed 1575 times

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:15 pm

Very strange. You do appear to have them in the right place.

I have tested this on my system and TT Mod challenge works correctly.

Another one for PipFromSlitherine I think. I will ask him to take a look.

In the meantime, can you test whether you can set up the Challenge yourself, and your opponent can accept it?
Richard Bodley Scott

uneducated

Post by uneducated » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:30 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:15 pm

In the meantime, can you test whether you can set up the Challenge yourself, and your opponent can accept it?
I had problems creating the challenges too.

I managed to create 2 challenges OK, I believe, though I have since deleted them. I also failed to create most of the challenges needed for the tournament, though I tried. I was able to successfully allocate one of the two army lists, but then, when I tried to add the other army, after selecting it, it reverted the first army back to Pot Luck.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:00 pm

uneducated wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:30 pm
rbodleyscott wrote:

I managed to create 2 challenges OK, I believe, though I have since deleted them. I also failed to create most of the challenges needed for the tournament, though I tried. I was able to successfully allocate one of the two army lists, but then, when I tried to add the other army, after selecting it, it reverted the first army back to Pot Luck.
You might have to turn off the Date/Geography filters for some FOG2DL matchups.
Richard Bodley Scott

uneducated

Post by uneducated » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:15 pm

Date/Geographica filter toggle solved the "unable to pick the second army" issue. Toggle Date vs Sort by Date.

Though this solution was provided to me before by stockwellpete, I didn't quite grasp that those buttons were "filters". This confusion stemmed from there being a "Date" button (which sorts by date) and another, bigger "Date" button (which toggles compatibly dated troops). This is a design error: two distinct functions should have distinct labels. (The mouse-over additional information is helpful but might remain unseen.)

This problem was compounded due to the second "filtering" button being unseen initially. It only comes into existence once one selects something other than "Pot Luck" for the second Army.

The other issue of being unable to accept challenges still remains.

rbodleyscott wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:00 pm
uneducated wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:30 pm
rbodleyscott wrote:

You might have to turn off the Date/Geography filters for some FOG2DL matchups.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:40 am

uneducated wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:15 pm
This problem was compounded due to the second "filtering" button being unseen initially. It only comes into existence once one selects something other than "Pot Luck" for the second Army.
That isn't true. It appears as soon as you click on the "Pick enemy Army" button. It doesn't need to appear before that, since it does not affect anything before that.
The other issue of being unable to accept challenges still remains.
We are awaiting a response from Pip.
Richard Bodley Scott

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:26 pm

Have you played other custom campaigns in MP before? When you talk about creating challenges, do you mean creating them with the TT_Mod campaign? One potential explanation is that your opponent has (naughtily) placed his version of the TT_Mod into the game-install folder rather than the My Games folder.

Also - moving this to the correct forum.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

uneducated

Post by uneducated » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:43 pm

pipfromslitherine wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:26 pm
Have you played other custom campaigns in MP before? When you talk about creating challenges, do you mean creating them with the TT_Mod campaign? One potential explanation is that your opponent has (naughtily) placed his version of the TT_Mod into the game-install folder rather than the My Games folder.

Also - moving this to the correct forum.

Cheers

Pip
Thanks very much for helping me with this, Pip. Also thanks rbodleyscott for drawing your attention. Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I hadn't subscribed to this thread, so didn't receive a notification, and wasn't pinged by the forum as I wasn't quoted.

1) Have you played other custom campaigns in MP before?

I have played multi-player before in the recent Indian Spring tournament, but that wasn't a custom campaign.

I am not sure how to tell whether it is a "Custom Campaign", but I have "Silk Road" installed, and can play that in Single Player. After I installed the Silk Road multi-player, I have been able to create a challenge for the battle of Xuge. (I wish there were more multi-player battles available for this Silk-Road mod!)

I just noticed that in the "Choose a Battle" window on the right, there is no listing for "TT_Mod". Maybe that is a clue.

2) When you talk about creating challenges, do you mean creating them with the TT_Mod campaign?

This might be the problem. I think I might not know how to create a challenge in a custom campaign, though I might be able to create a challenge. I have been trying to create Challenges using the TT_Mod camapaign, which I can play single-player, but I can't create those challenges.

For example, here are some screenshots when I try and create a multi-player Silk Road challenge:
MultiPlayerCreation.jpg
MultiPlayerCreation.jpg (461.12 KiB) Viewed 1517 times
MultiPlayer 2.jpg
MultiPlayer 2.jpg (478.6 KiB) Viewed 1517 times

Paul59
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Post by Paul59 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:50 pm

uneducated wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:43 pm
I just noticed that in the "Choose a Battle" window on the right, there is no listing for "TT_Mod". Maybe that is a clue.
No it is not a clue. The scenarios listed in the "Choose a Battle" window are all epic battles. The TT Mod does not contain any epic battles at the moment, it is purely a Custom battle mod.

uneducated wrote:

This might be the problem. I think I might not know how to create a challenge in a custom campaign, though I might be able to create a challenge. I have been trying to create Challenges using the TT_Mod camapaign, which I can play single-player, but I can't create those challenges.

For example, here are some screenshots when I try and create a multi-player Silk Road challenge:
To create a challenge for a Custom Battle module, you must click on the button to the right of the Field of Glory II name, a list of all the available modules will then appear, see this:

The name of the module you select will then replace "Field of Glory II" in the display:

Then you can continue to select your armies etc.

To be honest I think your problems with the TT Mod in multiplayer are due to a corrupted download. When the TT Mod 1.5.3 was first released a few players reported exactly the same problem as you, it was always because they had installed the Mod in the wrong folder or a corrupted download. From the screenshots you have provided it seems that you have installed the mod correctly, so I think it must be a bad download. Just delete your current MP TT Mod, and download again from mediafire.

Your SP versions of the TT Mod are probably fine, so don't touch those.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, and Wolves at the Gate.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.

uneducated

Post by uneducated » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:11 pm

Thanks Paul59.

Could you include a shasum with the notes accompanying the download file, so that we can check the file integrity?
Paul59 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:50 pm
uneducated wrote:
No it is not a clue. The scenarios listed in the "Choose a Battle" window are all epic battles. The TT Mod does not contain any epic battles at the moment, it is purely a Custom battle mod.

uneducated wrote:

To create a challenge for a Custom Battle module, you must click on the button to the right of the Field of Glory II name, a list of all the available modules will then appear, see this:

The name of the module you select will then replace "Field of Glory II" in the display:

To be honest I think your problems with the TT Mod in multiplayer are due to a corrupted download. When the TT Mod 1.5.3 was first released a few players reported exactly the same problem as you, it was always because they had installed the Mod in the wrong folder or a corrupted download. From the screenshots you have provided it seems that you have installed the mod correctly, so I think it must be a bad download. Just delete your current MP TT Mod, and download again from mediafire.

uneducated

Post by uneducated » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:35 am

Great! I have made some progress! I think I have discovered what I couldn't understand and am pasting some screenshots to show why.

I think I can create a multi-player challenge with armies now, but wonder/do not feel confident that these challenges would actually be the TT_Mod ones, rather than the generic ones.
MultiPlayerCreation.jpg
MultiPlayerCreation.jpg (461.12 KiB) Viewed 1468 times
uneducated wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:11 pm
Thanks Paul59.

Could you include a shasum with the notes accompanying the download file, so that we can check the file integrity?
Paul59 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:50 pm
uneducated wrote:

uneducated wrote:

Reinstalled TT_Mod.jpg
Reinstalled TT_Mod.jpg (489.38 KiB) Viewed 1468 times
The unclicked display issue small.jpg
The unclicked display issue small.jpg (635.15 KiB) Viewed 1468 times
The unclicked display issue small.jpg
The unclicked display issue small.jpg (635.15 KiB) Viewed 1468 times

uneducated

Post by uneducated » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:36 am

Modules Revealed small.jpg
Modules Revealed small.jpg (617.68 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
TT Mod Active small.jpg
TT Mod Active small.jpg (669.95 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
Filtering and Toggling by date and location small.jpg
Filtering and Toggling by date and location small.jpg (671.66 KiB) Viewed 1467 times

Paul59

Post by Paul59 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:18 am

I can see from the last screenshot that you have loaded the TT Mod Custom Battles 1.5.3, that is the SP Custom Battles TT Mod.

What about the multiplayer version? TT Mod Multiplayer 1.5.3.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, and Wolves at the Gate.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

uneducated

Post by uneducated » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:09 am

Paul59 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:18 am
I can see from the last screenshot that you have loaded the TT Mod Custom Battles 1.5.3, that is the SP Custom Battles TT Mod.

That is it! I think we have solved it! I can do it now, I believe.

I mistakenly put the TT_Mod_MPV1.5.3 into the following folder:

Documents\My Games\FieldOfGlory2\MULTIPLAYER

When I instead should have put the TT_Mod_MPV1.5.3 in this folder:

Documents\My Games\FieldOfGlory2\CAMPAIGNS
Possible Error for TT_MOD_MPV1.5.3 Instructions small.jpg
Possible Error for TT_MOD_MPV1.5.3 Instructions small.jpg (136.32 KiB) Viewed 1461 times
TT Mod Multiplayer available small.jpg
TT Mod Multiplayer available small.jpg (623.41 KiB) Viewed 1460 times

Paul59

Post by Paul59 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:38 pm

uneducated wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:09 am
Paul59 wrote:

Possible Error for TT_MOD_MPV1.5.3 Instructions small.jpgTT Mod Multiplayer available small.jpg
The original instructions are absolutely correct! Hundreds of people have installed the TT MP Mod in the Multiplayer folder, that is the correct destination for MP Mods. If you put the TT MP Mod in the CAMPAIGNS folder it will possibly function correctly as a SP module, but you will not be able to play MP with it!

As I said before, your download of the TT MP Mod is probably corrupted, just delete it and download again.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

uneducated

Post by uneducated » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:09 pm

Paul59 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:38 pm
uneducated wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:09 am
Paul59 wrote:

Possible Error for TT_MOD_MPV1.5.3 Instructions small.jpgTT Mod Multiplayer available small.jpg
The original instructions are absolutely correct! Hundreds of people have installed the TT MP Mod in the Multiplayer folder, that is the correct destination for MP Mods. If you put the TT MP Mod in the CAMPAIGNS folder it will possibly function correctly as a SP module, but you will not be able to play MP with it!

As I said before, your download of the TT MP Mod is probably corrupted, just delete it and download again.
I followed the original instructions and couldn't see the Multiplayer option, so as an experiment, I put it in the wrong place, the CAMPAIGNS folder. Then I could see it, however it is in the wrong place.

I have downloaded those files 3 times now. Here are the sha256sums for the files I have before I unpack them and paste the folders into their needed locations:

File sha256sum

TT_Mod_MPV1.5.3.rar 83D8BF900EEB78C66799E66C43D56D8EAEFBB136C61FBF2A62656CDDE7CE2CFF
TT_Mod_CampaignsV1.5.3.rar 685499AC1F06337DB7816331B62D7DA0C5799EABC6BCB6820478C1CD44652957
TT_Mod_CustomBattlesV1.5.3.rar 4CCCD27A992DB74DC6268A0D5A339C2F7FB2B274D17CD385E31638B22EDFC703

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”