Increase number army point in custom battle

eledhlor
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Increase number army point in custom battle

Post by eledhlor »

Hi Richard,

Can your "LargerCustumBattles" file be used in FoG II-Medieval?

LC
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

eledhlor wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:23 pm Hi Richard,

Can your "LargerCustumBattles" file be used in FoG II-Medieval?

LC
Probably not, because a lot will be different in the vanilla fiule. But the same mods could be made to the Medieval version.

Which file are the mods in, I forget?
Richard Bodley Scott

eledhlor

Post by eledhlor »

Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting back to me. I know its alot but, could i persuade you to make one for Medieval?
I'm no good at modding because I have "Essential Tremors" which makes it tough to hit the right keys
(this message took me over 4 hours with alot of editing) besides I'm no good at programing.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Sincerely,
LC
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

eledhlor wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:27 pm Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting back to me. I know its alot but, could i persuade you to make one for Medieval?
I'm no good at modding because I have "Essential Tremors" which makes it tough to hit the right keys
(this message took me over 4 hours with alot of editing) besides I'm no good at programing.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Sincerely,
LC
Did I make the previous version? Or was that one of the users? I don't normally make mods.
Richard Bodley Scott

eledhlor

Post by eledhlor »

Hi Richard,

Yes, it's earlier in this thread on page 1. It's a zip file called "Largercustombattles.zip".
I installed it and it works great but, it's for FoG II. Thanks for the help.

LC
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

OK, here is the Medieval version:
LARGERCUSTOMBATTLES_MED.zip
(7.59 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

This allows armies of up to 3000 points. The modded script is MapGenerate.BSF in LARGERCUSTOMBATTLES_MED/DATA/Battle/Scripts/

Just unzip it and put it in

/Documents/My Games/FieldOfGloryMedieval/CAMPAIGNS

and

/Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2Medieval/MULTIPLAYER

Then when you want to play a larger Custom Battle just switch module to "Larger Custom Battles" using the "Select another module" button in the Custom Battle setup screen.

If your opponent also installs the mod as above, then they will be able to issue and accept challenges in the "Larger Custom Battles" module, and your main builds will remain "pure".

The system will automatically use the "LARGERCUSTOMBATTLES_MED" module for both sides when an MP challenge has been set up using it, and will prevent challenges created using the "LARGERCUSTOMBATTLES_MED" module from being picked up by anyone who does not have that module installed.

IMPORTANT: If you change the mod subsequently, give the new version a different folder name, to prevent games ending up being played with one player using the wrong version. I stress, folder name not "campaign name", though it would be sensible to change that too in Text1.txt in the mod, to avoid confusion.

Likewise, if anyone else make variations of this mod should call the folder something different if it is to be used for MP games.

NOTE: This version works with the current v1.2.5 build. It would need to be updated if a future update changes the vanilla version of MapGenerate.BSF. Currently no changes to that file are planned for the next DLC, but I cannot make any promises that it won't change in the future.
Richard Bodley Scott

eledhlor

Post by eledhlor »

Richard, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!
LC

Return to “Field of Glory II: Modding”