Modding the Victory Conditions

eddieballgame
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Modding the Victory Conditions

Post by eddieballgame » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:25 am

Per a post in the Steam forums & a tip from Zarkarion (dev) I decide to try & mod the Victory Conditions a little.
Instead of the 60-40 threshold I adjusted it to 70-50 just for fun. It appears to work.
Did a quick test & got a green -37 & the enemy did not "resign" until after its' turn with 56% routed.
Anyways, for anyone interested, thought I would share.
Attachments
new_victory_conditions.zip
updated to say For Campaigns & Custom Battles
(6.49 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Last edited by eddieballgame on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Modding the Victory Conditions

Post by rbodleyscott » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:04 am

Here is what I wrote:
What values would you like to substitute for the default values?

If you wanted to change the standard figures to 60% (instead of 40%) and 80% (instead of 60%), for most scenario types, you would need to change line 751 in /Data/Battle/Scripts/Slith_RandomMap.bsf from

StandardVictoryConditions(60, 40, 60, 40, drawdecider, MPgame);

to

StandardVictoryConditions(40, 20, 40, 20, drawdecider, MPgame);

Note that these numbers are the percent _not_ routed to be reached for the break point, not the percent routed.

The first two are the break points for side A and the second for side B.

We very strongly recommend that you do _not_ mod the files in the main build for various very sound reasons. (e.g. You might break the game if you make a mistake. You won't be able to play MP unless your opponent has exactly the same mod loaded. STEAM updates will over-write your mod).

So you should go into the editor and create a new custom folder. Don't tick either of the boxes, and leave it as Copy of <None>. If you call it "myfoldername", it will be saved in /Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/Campaigns/myfoldername

Then copy the Slith_RandomMap.bsf file into

/documents/ My Games/FieldOfGlory2/Campaigns/myfoldername/Data/Battle/Scripts

and edit line 751 as above.

Then when you load up Custom Battles, if you click on the "Select another Module" button, you can pick your modded folder for the custom battles and your modded victory conditions should apply.

(They won't display in the briefing, however, as that would require you to mod a different file.).
Note that altering this line only affect non-campaign random map games, but there is a line below where you can do the same thing for campaign games.
Richard Bodley Scott

eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:27 am

So you are Zarkarion...nice.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:25 am

eddieballgame wrote:So you are Zarkarion...nice.
Yeah, if I had set up my STEAM account specifically for Byzantine Games I would have used my real name, but I had a STEAM account for playing games long before, and Zarkarion is a derivative of one of my long-standing Everquest characters name from aeons ago.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Modding”