More elephants and Triarii in squads

welk
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: More elephants and Triarii in squads

Post by welk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:09 am

jomni wrote:Crossbow code is fully working though no one is using it. My Chinese mod will use it.
Crossbows are actually weaker than bows in terms of damage. Range is the same as far as I can recall.

Seems curious : making a test, I have set Cretan Archers with 0 for bow and 100 for Crossbow : when I did that, the cretan archers lost their distant shoot capacity (they only fight with close combat)

EDIT : perhaps should I set bow = 100 and crossbow=100 ?
Last edited by welk on Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

welk

Post by welk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:10 am

rbodleyscott wrote:
welk wrote:Ok, thanks for listing

The terrain file seems allow to modify the move capacity of each type of unit in each type of terrain, interesting : I will try some work about this aspect

I opened the shooting.bsf file and I have seen a parameter "max range" is used for script.
But i did not found were this "max range" parameter is listed for each type of unit : have please some infos about that ?
To alter the ranges of different weapons you would need to alter the following functions:

MaximumRange() - used for multiple purposes
OptimumRange() - used by the AI
GetShootingWeaponModifier() - this is what actually determines the effect of each weapon at different ranges

these are all in /Data/scripts/CombatTools.bsf
Ok thanks a lot, I will try that

Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Scutarii » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:55 am

jomni wrote:Crossbow code is fully working though no one is using it. My Chinese mod will use it.
Crossbows are actually weaker than bows in terms of damage. Range is the same as far as I can recall.
Ummm is not better made them weaker in range combat??? i refer that crossbow can have smaller range (3 VS 4 with range 2 to have range bonus while longbow can have it at 3) but stronger punch VS armor, at point blank they need be the strongest shot unit... with archebus.

I am curious about the chinese mod, we cant have the oriental army list in FOG I and with the conquistadores lists are the most exotic in the serie.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Modding”