I'm getting an error when I try to run this mod. I have attached a screenshot:
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg (35.39 KiB) Viewed 4267 times
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: FoG II Napoleonic Mod

Post by rbodleyscott »

Sadly, this mod has not be updated by the author, and it won't run with the current version of the game.
Richard Bodley Scott

rcanavan
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by rcanavan »

Hi Richard,

Sorry to hear that... thank you for the information..

-Richard
Let'sPlayHistory
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Let'sPlayHistory »

Is there any plan for an official FoG Napoleonics? I would really love to see one coming!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Let'sPlayHistory wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:02 pm Is there any plan for an official FoG Napoleonics?
Not currently.
Richard Bodley Scott

Athos1660
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Post by Athos1660 »

rbodleyscott wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:53 pm
Let'sPlayHistory wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:02 pm Is there any plan for an official FoG Napoleonics?
Not currently.
What if we broaden the scope of this question to the periods from say the 16th century to the 18th century ('P&S 2' and/or 'FoG 18th century' or a mix)? :)
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Athos1660 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:12 pm
rbodleyscott wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:53 pm
Not currently.
What if we broaden the scope of this question to the periods from say the 16th century to the 18th century ('P&S 2' and/or 'FoG 18th century' or a mix)? :)
Perhaps, once we have covered 2500 BC to 1500 AD.
Richard Bodley Scott

Woollymammoth
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Woollymammoth »

Started debugging this mod as hobby project possibly, and fan of Napoleon era warfare, and think this engine could be great for around that period. Thanks to the original author for giving permission in the thread. Caveat: it may take awhile, and no promises. I have programming experience, but in different languages, and will need to learn the variables and functions etc

I will upload it in this thread if I can get working again. I may develop it further, depends on if Slitherine release a Napoleon era and thereabouts version of this game for example

If there are people who want to participate on this together more than welcome to join in
GBISSET
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by GBISSET »

Thats Great! Looking forward to it!
Athos1660

Post by Athos1660 »

Happy to see this project is back on track (even if I am not a big fan of this period).
FoG2 deserves such ambitious mods. I too think the engine is great for this period.

I played this mod a couple of years ago (before some updates). It worked fine. So debugging may not be insurmountable. I guess the first parts to look at are in data\scripts and data\battle\scripts.

As other mentioned it in this thread, and iirc, soldier animations had never been implemented in this mod, so I guess the biggest challenge would be to add them (if possible). But imho it is not vital.

Keep it up.
76mm
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by 76mm »

I somehow missed this mod when it first came out, would be interested in checking it out if it can be made functional again.

Rather than "epic battle" type scenarios, how hard would it be to be able to set up Napoleonic "skirmishes" as with the base game?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

It would be quite easy to get this mod running again. The reason why it does not work at the moment is that it contains a handful of .bsf files that are incompatible with the latest version of the game.

Fortunately James Manhattan noted all his changes to the .bsf files with his name, so it is very easy to just search inside the files for "James" to find all the changes he made. Just apply those changes to the latest versions of the relevant .bsf files, and put them into the mod in place of the original files.

To make it into a custom battles mod it would only require an ArmyList.txt file with army lists for all the required nations, and then associated text strings added to the mod's text files so that the game displays the correct army names.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Thanks for the reply. WoollyMammoth, I'm not much of a programmer but might be able to help in some way, let me know.
Lancier
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Lancier »

Wow, great news indeed! Looking forward to it @Woollymammoth, thanks...
Woollymammoth wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:15 pm Started debugging this mod as hobby project possibly, and fan of Napoleon era warfare, and think this engine could be great for around that period. Thanks to the original author for giving permission in the thread. Caveat: it may take awhile, and no promises. I have programming experience, but in different languages, and will need to learn the variables and functions etc

I will upload it in this thread if I can get working again. I may develop it further, depends on if Slitherine release a Napoleon era and thereabouts version of this game for example

If there are people who want to participate on this together more than welcome to join in
GdD Colbert * TWC Co-founder & Admin

Return to “Field of Glory II: Modding”