Longer Battles? (change rout % to win)

VektorT
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Longer Battles? (change rout % to win)

Post by VektorT » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:43 pm

I'm coming back to Field of Glory 2 after a long time and one of the things I always wanted tweaked back then was longer battles, mainly with tweaking the % of routed units needed to win. Is there any mod that does it right now? If not so, is it possible for me to change it myself in the files?

Cronos09
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Longer Battles? (change rout % to win)

Post by Cronos09 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:56 pm

VektorT wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:43 pm
I'm coming back to Field of Glory 2 after a long time and one of the things I always wanted tweaked back then was longer battles, mainly with tweaking the % of routed units needed to win. Is there any mod that does it right now? If not so, is it possible for me to change it myself in the files?
I think that you mean the campaign battles where we cannot continue the fight after achieving VC. You can change these VC following next steps:
1) If it's the original game campaign you should copy the campaign folder from the main game (Campaigns folder) to C:\Users\(Your user name)\Documents\My Games\FieldOfGlory2\CAMPAIGNS\ and change the campaign name in TEXT1.TXT (string IDS_CAMPAIGN_NAME, e.g. IDS_CAMPAIGN_NAME, "3rd Century Crisis modded",). If it's the user campaign then you miss this step.
2) Copy Slith_RandomMap2.BSF and $DEFAULT.BSF files from the main game (\Data\Battle\Scripts\ folder) to C:\Users\(Your user name)\Documents\My Games\FieldOfGlory2\CAMPAIGNS\Your campaign name\DATA\Battle\Scripts\. If there no Battle or Scrips folders in your campaign folder you should make them.
3) Open Slith_RandomMap2.BSF in your campaign folder with Notepad++, find string 827 - StandardCampaignVictoryConditions(60, 40, 60, 40, drawdecider, MPgame);. In brackets you can see two breakpoints for the campaign battles - 60 and 40 (the first pair for player side, the second one for AI side). If you wish longer battles you should reduce these values (e.g. 50 and 30 or 45 and 25). These numbers indicate the amount of remaining troops.
4) Optional step. Make Text9.txt with Notepad++ in C:\Users\(Your user name)\Documents\My Games\FieldOfGlory2\CAMPAIGNS\Your campaign name\. Open the file and copy into it two strings IDS_SCENUI_VC_STANDARD, "Rout the enemy army by:~a) Routing at least 40% of their troops and ", and IDS_SCENUI_VC_STANDARD1, "% more than you have lost, or~b) Routing 60% of their troops.",. You can replace 40% and 60% routed units with your values.(e.g. if you put 50 and 30 in Slith_RandomMap2.BSF, you should put 50% and 70% instead of 40% and 60%).
And make these changes only in C:\Users\(Your user name)\Documents\My Games\FieldOfGlory2\CAMPAIGNS\Your campaign name\, not in the main game folder!
Last edited by Cronos09 on Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mord
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Post by Mord » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:40 pm

Cronos09 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:56 pm
I think that you mean the campaign battles where we cannot continue the fight after achieving VC.
He's talking about the routing percentages that win the battles, 40%, 60% etc.

Mord.

Cronos09
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Cronos09 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:09 am

Mord wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:40 pm

He's talking about the routing percentages that win the battles, 40%, 60% etc.

Mord.
First of all he wants to make the battle longer. And I wrote in detail how to do it with campaign battles in my post above. I only had to change step 4, as TEXT2.TXT conflicts with other txt files of the campaign.
Make it easier - I've already done step 2-4 for the routing percentages 55% and 75% https://drive.google.com/open?id=10xIU4 ... qOaVtmMJcy. This archive should be unzipped at C:\Users\(Your user name)\Documents\My Games\FieldOfGlory2\CAMPAIGNS\Your campaign name\.

Mord
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Post by Mord » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:23 pm

Gotchya. I thought you'd misunderstood what he wanted.

Mord.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Modding”