Modding the unit conversion from FoG Empire to FoG II

Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Modding the unit conversion from FoG Empire to FoG II

Post by Bercor »

Hello,

I would like to know which files I have to change to mod the unit conversion from Empires to FoG II. I know the UNITS.CSV in the Empires DATA folder mentions the unit conversion into FoG II, but is that all I need to change or there are other necessary files in the FoG II data folder? Thanks in advance!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Modding the unit conversion from FoG Empire to FoG II

Post by rbodleyscott »

You don't need to mod anything at the FOG2 end, unless you want to disable the code that converts Pre-Marian legions in the proportion of 2 hastati/principes and 1 triarii FOG2 units, or the code that converts horse archers into a mix of light horse and cavalry.
Richard Bodley Scott

Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bercor »

Thank you very much, Richard! That was exactly the answer I was looking for.
FrenchDude
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by FrenchDude »

rbodleyscott wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:11 pm You don't need to mod anything at the FOG2 end, unless you want to disable the code that converts Pre-Marian legions in the proportion of 2 hastati/principes and 1 triarii FOG2 units, or the code that converts horse archers into a mix of light horse and cavalry.
Hello Richard,

What if a modder wants to create units in FOG Empires that would work like the pre-Marian Legions or the horse archers, converting one FOGE Unit to two different FOG2 units (or perhaps three even) ? Is there a way to do it ?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

FrenchDude wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:55 pm
rbodleyscott wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:11 pm You don't need to mod anything at the FOG2 end, unless you want to disable the code that converts Pre-Marian legions in the proportion of 2 hastati/principes and 1 triarii FOG2 units, or the code that converts horse archers into a mix of light horse and cavalry.
Hello Richard,

What if a modder wants to create units in FOG Empires that would work like the pre-Marian Legions or the horse archers, converting one FOGE Unit to two different FOG2 units (or perhaps three even) ? Is there a way to do it ?
Yes. It would require modding the TranslateLiaisonUnitToFOGCampaignUnits() function in LiaisonTools.BSF

To avoid modding your main build, this would need to be done as a Global Mod, by placing the modded LiaisonTools.bsf file in /Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/MODS/YourModName/Data/Scripts

You can then activate that global mod when playing Empires.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Modding”