Design aid for Empires modders: TT Mod Global

Paul59
Major-General - Elite Tiger I
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Design aid for Empires modders: TT Mod Global

Post by Paul59 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:27 pm

At the bottom of the post is a link to a global mods version of the TT Mod.

This is basically the latest version of the TT Mod (1.5.18) as released earlier today, but reformated to work as a Global Mod.

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 77&t=93842

In future, if there is an Empires Mod that is designed to use TT Mod units, you will be able to activate the TT Mod Global in FOG2 and then export battles from the Empires TT Mod.

At the moment this is purely a design aid for FOG Empires modders who are trying to create an Empires Mod using TT Mod units. To achieve this modders will have to alter the Empires Units.csv to use the units in the TT Mod squads.csv file.

IT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE USED BY NON_MODDERS! IF YOU DO DOWNLOAD AND USE THIS, YOU WILL ONLY SUCCEED IN WRECKING YOUR GAMES!

Also, as no Empires TT Mod exists, I have been unable to test if this Global Mod actually works, but I am quite confident that it should.

The TT Mod banners do not work with a Global mod, so I have removed them from this installation to reduce the download size.

Currently, non modders should not attempt to use this mod under any circumstances! If you try and use this mod with Empires your game will crash to desktop, or worse!

I have no objection if Empires modders want to edit the TT Mod Global for their own purposes.

To install:

1) Click on the link and download.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wjdaea89u ... 8.rar/file

2) You will probably find the downloaded TT_Mod_Global_ModV1.5.18.rar file in your Downloads folder.

3) Extract the TT_Mod_Global_ModV1.5.18.rar file to produce the TT_Mod_Global_ModV1.5.18 folder.

4) Cut and paste the TT_Mod_Global_ModV1.5.18 folder into My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/MODS.

You will then have to enable the mod from the Global Mods button on the Field of Glory main page. Bear in mind that this will probably be incompatible with any other FOG2 battles and
campaigns that you are running, so you should only enable the TT Mod Global when you want to use it for playing exported modded Empires games!

I repeat, this is not some magic mod that will convert your exported empires games to the TT Mod! It will only work with a modded version of Empires, designed to use TT Mod units.

Hopefully it will help Empires modders achieve that goal.

cheers

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, and Wolves at the Gate.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.

Bercor
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Design aid for Empires modders: TT Mod Global

Post by Bercor » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:57 pm

Perfect. Thank you.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Modding”