Potential Modding Bug

Mord
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Potential Modding Bug

Post by Mord » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:12 pm

So, I've been screwing around with editing the Squads file and decided to try increasing the big artillery to 2 models. It looks pretty good in game.

It will fire just fine as long as it's straight ahead. However if the unit is turned it bugs out and the two models face in opposite directions. Then the game freezes up and I can't select any more units, the battle won't save, and the camera won't rotate.

I've tested this using the global mods setting and having it as the only Squads unit edited in the file. I've increased the small artillery to 3 and that works fine. Everything else I've edited (no matter how ludicrous the count increase) works except for this one (so far).

Here's a link to the squads file if you need it.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rq3bry0xl ... y.zip/file

Mord.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Potential Modding Bug

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:34 pm

Well it isn't really a bug, since the system is not designed for 2 artillery on a square. So if you mod it, you get what you get. It isn't something that we are going to spend time trying to "fix".
Richard Bodley Scott

Mord
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Re: Potential Modding Bug

Post by Mord » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:13 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:34 pm
Well it isn't really a bug, since the system is not designed for 2 artillery on a square. So if you mod it, you get what you get. It isn't something that we are going to spend time trying to "fix".
Well yeah, but the system wasn't designed to have three elephants on a square, or three chariots on a square etc. but they all work. I am not even asking you to fix it but aren't you even a tad bit curious as to why it's the only unit that bugs out? As far I can tell you designed the game around 16 units so shouldn't sixteen units function within the square regardless of how they look? I had five heavy chariots jammed up together and they still performed normally. As a lark I just created an 8 count light artillery unit and it worked fine shooting, moving and turning. Anyway, I just found it strange that everything else worked.

Mord.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Modding”