TYME I: Concluded

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Warg1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: TYME I: The Year of Many Emperors - Tournament I

Post by Warg1 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:38 pm

I think there is a foreign attack on me to be set up by pompeytheflatulent as well

kronenblatt
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by kronenblatt » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:17 pm

Warg1 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:38 pm
I think there is a foreign attack on me to be set up by pompeytheflatulent as well
Ah, that's right.!
Arranging the The Year of Many Emperors (TYME), Dividing the Spoils (DiSp), and The West is No More (TWiNM) tournaments as well as the Ever-Green League for Field of Glory II!

Warg1

Post by Warg1 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:03 pm

Warg1 defeats XLegione 59 - 40 (XLegione surrenders).

Thanks Xlegione for a great game. The game was in the balance until the last few turns after a few combats went my way. Legions v Legions can be a bit of slogfest so you need a bit of luck to break your way and mine came at the right time. Thanks for not making me play it out and agree it would have been tough for you from there.

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:58 pm

So with Warg1 eliminating XLegione from the game of the purple, the empire is split between the two remaining contenders to finally battle it all out, Warg1 and pompeytheflatulent . The foreign invasion of the Parthians upon Warg1 in Syria et Arabia by pompeytheflatulent this round will now determine who gets the initiative next round with potentially two attack declarations.
TYME_I_1.png
TYME_I_1.png (49.3 KiB) Viewed 520 times
XLegione: many thanks for your participation, hope you enjoyed this tournament!
Arranging the The Year of Many Emperors (TYME), Dividing the Spoils (DiSp), and The West is No More (TWiNM) tournaments as well as the Ever-Green League for Field of Glory II!

Warg1

Post by Warg1 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:52 pm

Flip you for it PTF

Warg1

Post by Warg1 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:32 am

pompeytheflatulent and his Parthian horde annihilated Warg1 and his hapless arrow ridden legions 47 - 20

Really enjoy those visits from the Parthians

kronenblatt

TYME I: attack declarations (round 4)

Post by kronenblatt » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:36 am

TYME_I_1.png
TYME_I_1.png (49.3 KiB) Viewed 465 times
Winter is over and a new campaign season is beginning, one that will probably determine who will rule the Roman world for the years to come. :) The two remaining contenders for the purple will now clash!

Spring, year 2 (round 4)

Order of attack declarations
1. pompeytheflatulent (47%) 2 attack declarations available (Nov. 17)

Warg1 (64%) lost a Foreign invasion against pompeytheflatulent and has thus zero attack declarations this round, with pompeytheflatulent getting an additional attack declaration this round, thus 2.

Once attack announcements have been made, battles are resolved simultaneously during a three-week period of Nov. 19 - Dec. 10 (see Battles in the rules).
(If all battles have been resolved before that, round 5 may commence earlier, but plan for first order of attack announcements on Dec. 12).

Please note that:
  • Date (midnight CET (Rome) time) above indicates deadline, after which opportunity to announce attack is forfeited and the player below may announce attack.
  • Since Warg1 controls 9 province and pompeytheflatulent 8, each attack declaration will involve four staked provinces from each of the two players.
  • Same 'neighbouring' rules as before apply for attacks and staking provinces.
  • If a player doesn't have enough provinces to stake, then all available provinces from that player will be staked, even if that means staking fewer provinces than the enemy.
Enjoy! And if you have any questions, please post in the thread for everyone to see question and answer.

pompeytheflatulent
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by pompeytheflatulent » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:14 pm

Warg1 you want to decide it all in one battle? Let's say set in Greece, where Pharsalus and Philippi happened.

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:32 pm

pompeytheflatulent wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:14 pm
Warg1 you want to decide it all in one battle? Let's say set in Greece, where Pharsalus and Philippi happened.
This battle would have been great for eSport live!

Warg1

Post by Warg1 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:29 pm

Judging from the recent Parthian invasion this may be as competitive as the Christians v the Lions. Happy to stake it all on one battle.

So all in Graecia et Thracia. I guess you are attacking me as I'm out of attacks so I will set up. Are you bringing any allies?

pompeytheflatulent

Post by pompeytheflatulent » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:25 pm

Warg1 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:29 pm
Judging from the recent Parthian invasion this may be as competitive as the Christians v the Lions. Happy to stake it all on one battle.

So all in Graecia et Thracia. I guess you are attacking me as I'm out of attacks so I will set up. Are you bringing any allies?
No allies.

Warg1

Post by Warg1 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:04 pm

OK...I'll set it up

Warg1

Post by Warg1 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:38 pm

Posted challenge

Warg1

Post by Warg1 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:40 pm

Warg1 defeats pompeytheflatulent (Dead C-in-C)

Was losing 24 - 17 when the pompey's C-in-C joined his Praetorian guard to burst through some of my mere Legions fighting for their life on a small hill. The guard suffered a combat defeat and unluckily the C-in-C who had just been moved there for that combat fell leading the charge. Pretty unlucky as my line was being held by fragged units around and the dam was about to break.

Thanks for the game pompey...it was an enjoyable tussle...and without that you prob would have gone on to take the battlefield.

pompeytheflatulent

Post by pompeytheflatulent » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:37 am

Warg1 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:40 pm

Was losing 24 - 17 when the pompey's C-in-C joined his Praetorian guard to burst through some of my mere Legions fighting for their life on a small hill. The guard suffered a combat defeat and unluckily the C-in-C who had just been moved there for that combat fell leading the charge. Pretty unlucky as my line was being held by fragged units around and the dam was about to break.

Thanks for the game pompey...it was an enjoyable tussle...and without that you prob would have gone on to take the battlefield.
I had a feeling something like that was going to happen, considering that a sub-general had just died in that very same unit the previous turn, and the Praetorian guard were performing like pure trash that whole battle. Guess they were all still grouchy about me trying to make my horse Consul. :lol:

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:29 am

pompeytheflatulent wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:37 am
Warg1 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:40 pm

I had a feeling something like that was going to happen, considering that a sub-general had just died in that very same unit the previous turn, and the Praetorian guard were performing like pure trash that whole battle. Guess they were all still grouchy about me trying to make my horse Consul. :lol:
Ha ha! Yeah, a dog would have been ok, but a horse.... Brings back old unpleasant memories of Caligula to the Praetorians. :)

So with this, the TYME I tournament is concluded with Wargus Augustus Caesar Imperator reuniting the Roman empire and bringing back Pax Romana to its population. At least for a while. Congrats, Warg1, and many thanks to all for participating!

Your feedback, thoughts, and reflections on improvements (and what has been good, for that matter) are appreciated. Here or in PM.

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:13 pm

Last edited by kronenblatt on Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kronenblatt

Warg1 wins TYME I

Post by kronenblatt » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:25 pm

... The Pannonian army was at this time commanded by Septimius Severus, a native of Africa, who, in the gradual ascent of private honours, had concealed his daring ambition, which was never diverted from its steady course by the allurements of pleasure, the apprehension of danger, or the feelings of humanity. On the first news of the murder of Pertinax, he assembled his troops, painted in the most lively colours the crime, the insolence, and the weakness of the Praetorian guards, and animated the legions to arms and to revenge. He concluded (and the peroration was thought extremely eloquent) with promising every soldier about four hundred pounds; an honourable donative, double in value to the infamous bribe with which Julian had purchased the empire. The acclamations of the army immediately saluted Severus with the names of Augustus, Pertinax, and Emperor...

... If his two competitors, reconciled by their common danger, had advanced upon him without delay, perhaps Severus would have sunk under their united effort. Had they even attacked him, at the same time, with separate views and separate armies, the contest might have been long and doubtful. But they fell, singly and successively, an easy prey to the arts as well as arms of their subtle enemy, lulled into security by the moderation of his professions, and overwhelmed by the rapidity of his action...

... From his humble origins in the southeastern part of the empire, from a desolate island so small it did not even have a name, Davidus Wargus rose through the ranks to head Legio XII Fulminata and its auxiliary troops. When civil war broke out, Wargus swiftly moved out of his base in Cappadocia, ruthlessly and cunningly eliminating usurper after usurper until order and peace had been restored within the empire, ruled by one man and one man only: Wargus Augustus Caesar Imperator!

TYME_I_1.png
TYME_I_1.png (48.77 KiB) Viewed 365 times

Warg1

Post by Warg1 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:44 am

Thanks Kronenblatt for putting this together. It added another dimension to games that made it quite fun. Thanks to all the others who played...a thoroughly excellent bunch of chaps and great games. Cheers

TomoeGozen
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by TomoeGozen » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:31 am

Well done Wargus Augustus Caesar Imperator.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”