DiSp: Dividing the Spoils - Tournament 1

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers, kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

kronenblatt
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: DiSp: Dividing the Spoils - Tournament 1

Post by kronenblatt » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:15 pm

deeter wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:08 pm
It was such a messy battle, with generals routing on both sides. it's probably impossible to reconstruct. But I don't recall any that "fell" just routing and dispersing. For myself, I would be inclined to give it the benefit of a doubt. Besides, this is your creation!

Deeter
Yes, it was: messy, that is. :)

So I will for the purposes of this tournament treat my C-in-C as actually having "fallen in battle", and thus one of the Diadochi down, the rest to go. It doesn't make any practical difference anyway, other than getting us closer to an end condition (occurring when all non-eliminated C-in-C's have "fallen in battle" at least once), and reminding you other players of keeping track of your own or an opponent's C-in-C "falling in battle".

Unless one of you guys stole his body on its way back from the palace in Marakanda to Makedonia, for proper burial...? ;) Has happened before, can happen again...
Arranging the The Year of Many Emperors (TYME), Dividing the Spoils (DiSp), and The West is No More (TWiNM) tournaments as well as the Ever-Green League for Field of Glory II!

batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:12 pm

Hyrkania - Turn 3
batesmotel (Persis) beats kronenblatt (Hyrkania) 45-19

This time Hyrkania lived up to its Steppe terrain with a wide open battle field. The Persian phalanxes and infantry won the battle in the center while fighting to draws on both wings holding off the Hyrkanian mounted. As far as I recall no CinCs were harmed in the making of this victory. Thanks for a good game.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:23 pm

batesmotel wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:12 pm
Hyrkania - Turn 3
batesmotel (Persis) beats kronenblatt (Hyrkania) 45-19

This time Hyrkania lived up to its Steppe terrain with a wide open battle field. The Persian phalanxes and infantry won the battle in the center while fighting to draws on both wings holding off the Hyrkanian mounted. As far as I recall no CinCs were harmed in the making of this victory. Thanks for a good game.

Chris
Many thanks to you too, Chris! So it was already determined that I'd lose Hyrkania, but now it's your decision (as attacker) to whom: you or deeter (since both of you are victors against me and both of you neighbour Hyrkania)?
Arranging the The Year of Many Emperors (TYME), Dividing the Spoils (DiSp), and The West is No More (TWiNM) tournaments as well as the Ever-Green League for Field of Glory II!

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:19 pm

In the ongoing battle between batesmotel and kronenblatt, batesmotel's C-in-C was killed in battle, and thus another of the Diadochi is now gone. The battle still rages in Karmania.

batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:59 pm

Karmania - Turn 3
kronenblatt (Paropamisadae) beats batesmotel (Karmania) 60-53

Could have gone either way but in the end went to the invaders. Thanks for a good game.

Chris

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:15 pm

batesmotel wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:59 pm
Karmania - Turn 3

Could have gone either way but in the end went to the invaders. Thanks for a good game.

Chris
Many thanks, Chris! As you say, it could have gone either way. Through this result it's clear that rbodleyscott gains control over Karmania (independent of the actual outcome of the battle between him and batesmotel), since kronenblatt doesn't neighbour Karmania. But I may make sense anyway to play it out in order to potentially get a higher order in next round's attack declarations.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:59 am

kronenblatt wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:15 pm
batesmotel wrote:
Karmania - Turn 3

Chris
Many thanks, Chris! As you say, it could have gone either way. Through this result it's clear that rbodleyscott gains control over Karmania (independent of the actual outcome of the battle between him and batesmotel), since kronenblatt doesn't neighbour Karmania. But I may make sense anyway to play it out in order to potentially get a higher order in next round's attack declarations.
And one of us might be killed.
Richard Bodley Scott

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:12 am

rbodleyscott wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:59 am
kronenblatt wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:15 pm
batesmotel wrote:
Karmania - Turn 3

Chris
And one of us might be killed.
Well, batesmotel is already "dead" but that aspect is applicable on you.

Aetius39
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Aetius39 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:22 am

Karvon and Aetius tie 56-51

Slow start, but hard finish, with lots of units broken and fleeing, but no clear winner as time expired. GG Karvon!

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:26 am

Aetius39 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:22 am
Karvon and Aetius tie 56-51

Slow start, but hard finish, with lots of units broken and fleeing, but no clear winner as time expired. GG Karvon!
Thanks for report! This is the first tie in the (admittedly not so long) history of Dividing the Spoils! Didn't think that could happen, given the intensive and brutal slugfests I've been having with RBS, deeter, and batesmotel. :)

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:01 pm

How's the only remaining battle progressing? The one between rbodleyscott and batesmotel in Karmania . The target was to resolve all battles over a three-week period, by November 27.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:01 am

kronenblatt wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:01 pm
How's the only remaining battle progressing? The one between rbodleyscott and batesmotel in Karmania . The target was to resolve all battles over a three-week period, by November 27.
Should not be too much longer I think, but it is still finely balance on 31:21
Richard Bodley Scott

batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:51 pm

Turn 3

rbodleyscott has triumphed in Karmania over the local defensive forces 57-31 without havnig his CinC killed thus confirming the loss of the province of Karmania. Thanks for a good game.

Chris

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:11 pm

batesmotel wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:51 pm
Turn 3

rbodleyscott has triumphed in Karmania over the local defensive forces 57-31 without havnig his CinC killed thus confirming the loss of the province of Karmania. Thanks for a good game.

Chris
Actually I think my C-in-C was in fact killed.

Great, hard fought game. Probably decided by fear of elephants keeping many of Chris's cavalry units out of the main fight.

For much of it I was afraid that I was going to be unable to look my Coalition partner in the eye.

Richard
Richard Bodley Scott

batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:55 pm

If my irregular foot managed to take Richard's CinC down beofre they succumbed to an elephant with the CinC plus a couple other units they were fighting, then they didn't break and die in vain!

Chris
rbodleyscott wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:11 pm
batesmotel wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:51 pm
Turn 3

Chris
Actually I think my C-in-C was in fact killed.

Great, hard fought game. Probably decided by fear of elephants keeping many of Chris's cavalry units out of the main fight.

For much of it I was afraid that I was going to be unable to look my Coalition partner in the eye.

Richard

batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:56 pm

Having discovered Deeter's disdain for the residents of Hyrkania, the province will return to my control.

Chris

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:31 pm

Many thanks for reports, everyone. This concludes round 3 and leaves the political situation as follows:

Round 3 (318 BC) - satrapy control changes

- rbodleyscott gains control over Karmania from batesmotel.
- batesmotel gains control over Hyrkania from kronenblatt.
- Blagrot gains control over Kappadokia from coalition partner Karvon.
DividingTheSpoilsTournament1.png
DividingTheSpoilsTournament1.png (157.67 KiB) Viewed 356 times

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:41 pm

Round 4 (317 BC)

Order of attack declarations
1. deeter 61% (Dec. 4 )
2. batesmotel 53% (Dec. 5 )
3. kronenblatt 60% (Dec. 6 )
4. rbodleyscott 57% (Dec. 7 )
5. Karvon 56% (Dec. 8 )
6. Blagrot 0% (Dec. 9 )
7. Aetius39 51% (Dec. 10 )

Existing coalitions
Karvon and Blagrot
deeter and batesmotel
rbodleyscott and kronenblatt

Diadochi still alive: Karvon, Blagrot, deeter, Aetius39
Epigoni ruling as second generation: batesmotel, rbodleyscott, kronenblatt

Some aspects from coalitions on attack declarations (from the rules in the second post of this thread):
  • For the purposes of determining the order, the order of all partners within a coalition vis-a-vis all the other players in the tournament is based on the partner within the coalition with the highest level of inflicted casualties from battles in the previous round, and the order within the coalition is determined by each coalition partner's maximum level of inflicted casualties from battles in the previous round.
  • The partners in a coalition can during any given round in total only make as many attacks as the number of partners in that coalition minus one.
    • As a result, one of the coalition partners will not be able to make an attack announcement in any given round.
    • Example: If there are two partners in a coalition, only one of them can announce attacks that round.

Once attack declarations have been made, battles are resolved simultaneously during a (due to Christmas and New Year holidays four-week period of Dec. 12 - Jan. 9 (see Battles in the rules).
(If all battles have been resolved before that, round 4 may commence earlier, but plan for first order of attack declarations for round 4 on Jan. 11).

Please note that:
  • Rules are found in second post of this thread.
  • Date (midnight CET+1 (Pella) time) above indicates deadline, after which opportunity to declare attack is forfeited and the player next in line may declare attack.
  • Once a player above has declared an attack, then player next in line is free to declare attack, up to his/her deadline.
  • Satrapies already included as a satrapy-at-stake in another player's attack this round may neither be attacked nor attacked from nor constitute a satrapy-at-stake in the attack in question.
Enjoy!

deeter
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by deeter » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:44 pm

I declare my undying support for undead Batesmotel in his struggle against the eastern zombie empires. Besides, he took Hyrcania off my hands.

Deeter

batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:21 pm

Turn 4

Batesmotel attacks Baktriane using the army of Persis, staking Hyrkania and calls upon Deeter to provide support for the attack.

Chris

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”