TYME II: Concluded

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers, kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

NikiforosFokas
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: TYME II: The Year of Many Emperors - Tournament II

Post by NikiforosFokas » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:42 am

Guys I am sorry but I will be able to start the games on Monday. Sorry for the delay.
For Byzantium!!

kronenblatt
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by kronenblatt » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:33 pm

olin0111 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:32 pm
Olin attacks Kronenblatt in Italia (I)
Attacker stakes: Gallia (IV) and Tarraconensis (IX)
Defender stakes: Italia (I) and Pannonia (III)
Challenge set up, in Mediterranean Agricultural.

password: TYME.

Enjoy!
Last edited by kronenblatt on Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arranging the The Year of Many Emperors (TYME), Dividing the Spoils (DiSp), and The West is No More (TWiNM) tournaments as well as the Ever-Green League for Field of Glory II!

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:39 pm

Battle Resolutions, Summer Year I (round II)

Civil War Battles
1. NikiforosFokas attacks Olin0111 in Mauretania.
2. Olin0111 attacks kronenblatt in Italia.
3. kronenblatt attacks CaptainWalterSavage in Britannia with Sarmatian 25 – 375 AD allies.
4. kronenblatt attacks Aetius39 in Graecia et Thracia with Germanic Foot Tribes 105 BC – 259 AD allies.

Foreign Invasion Battle
4. Aetius39 conducts a foreign invasion with Parthian 250 BC - 225 AD upon NikiforosFokas in Cappadocia.

Please note:
Players in bold above set up challenges, as per rules. Please PM your opponent when challenge has been set up.
Defenders report results in this thread once battles are concluded.

Battles are played over a three-week period and concluded at latest on December 13.

Enjoy everyone! :D
Arranging the The Year of Many Emperors (TYME), Dividing the Spoils (DiSp), and The West is No More (TWiNM) tournaments as well as the Ever-Green League for Field of Glory II!

Captainwaltersavage
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Captainwaltersavage » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:21 pm

Match set up for Kronenblatt.

Britannia: the last bastion of hope in a sea of treachery will fight on.

PW: TYME

Aetius39
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Aetius39 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:18 pm

Kronenblatt's Romans defeat Aetius39's Romans by cunning!

After a bit of posturing and positioning, the armies met at where both pretty much wanted to fight, and lines clashed along both armies. After some time Aetius' Romans began breaking units, and at 29-7 looked very promising!

But...

The C-in-C's guards didn't notice the sack full of gold delivered in the middle of the night two days before to the centurion Treachurus Betrayorus, and in mid-battle the Commander was cut down! On seeing their charismatic leader fallen, all hope was lost and they fled the field; victory was Kronenblatt's army!

GG, just too bad I totally forgot about that little "eliminate the head" part!^^

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:45 pm

Aetius39 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:18 pm
Kronenblatt's Romans defeat Aetius39's Romans by cunning!

After a bit of posturing and positioning, the armies met at where both pretty much wanted to fight, and lines clashed along both armies. After some time Aetius' Romans began breaking units, and at 29-7 looked very promising!

But...

The C-in-C's guards didn't notice the sack full of gold delivered in the middle of the night two days before to the centurion Treachurus Betrayorus, and in mid-battle the Commander was cut down! On seeing their charismatic leader fallen, all hope was lost and they fled the field; victory was Kronenblatt's army!

GG, just too bad I totally forgot about that little "eliminate the head" part!^^
Yes, that was surprising to me as well: 29-7 in your favour as you said and the battle more or less lost for me. But in the last close combat that was concluded in Aetius' turn, Treachurus Betrayorus remembered that he had another important job to do, and... well, did it. And earned his gold.

Many thanks for the battle! That's the beauty (and curse) of TYME and a brutal reminder to always keep an eye at what your C-in-C's are up to. (Mine was busy at the far end of the map chasing an enemy lancer unit, so unknowingly out of harm's way... :) )

Through this, Aetius39 is eliminated from the game of the purple with kronenblatt taking over his remaining provinces. But still a foreign invasion battle to be bought between Aetius' Parthians and NikiforosFokas Romans in Cappadocia, where NikiforosFokas' C-in-C of course is at-risk... ;) (Although a general can't be killed from missile fire.)

olin0111
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by olin0111 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:21 am

NikiforosFokas wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:23 pm
Hello,

I will attacke olins' XIII area using my Armenian Allies.
Provinces at stake (XIII and XII vs V and XVI).
Publius Septimius Olinus is ready to defend Mauretania from the eastern decadents bought by Parthian gold. All citizens are encouraged to do harm to the invaders in whichever way they can.

PW: TYME

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:07 pm

... Treachurus Betrayorus, after having proven loyal to his new master kronenblatt, got promoted to the imperial mounted bodyguard of kronenblatt (wise decision, kronenblatt!), solely responsible for the safety and security of "the only rightful contender for the purple" (in his very own words). Only problem was that there were some differing views as to who was actually "the only rightful contender for the purple". kronenblatt assumed he meant "kronenblatt". Treachurus Betrayorus meant Olin011 (at least for the time being). And thus, as part of a cavalry charge conducted by kronenblatt, Treachurus Betrayorus gently placed his gladius somewhere between the second and third rib of kronenblatt. And so ended the career of kronenblatt in The Year of Many Emperors II, and so continues the career of Treachurus Betrayorus, now in the service of and irrevocably loyal to "the only rightful contender for the purple" Olin0110 (at least for the time being)...

TYMEII.png
TYMEII.png (743.7 KiB) Viewed 446 times
Last edited by kronenblatt on Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:14 pm

Through the recent highly dramatic development with the eliminations of Aetius39 and kronenblatt, the political situation looks as follows:
TYME_II.png
TYME_II.png (37.34 KiB) Viewed 444 times
Germania is temporarily still kronenblatt's, but will transfer to either CaptainWalterSavage or olin0111, depending on the resolution of the battle in Britannia between CaptainWalterSavage and kronenblatt. If CaptainWalterSavage is the victor, he will gain Germania, otherwise, olin0111 will. In any event, CaptainWalterSavage will get to keep Britannia. (Unless the C-in-C of CaptainWalterSavage too is killed in battle, pursuant to which the rules have be reviewed and probably rewritten... Complicated!)

Captainwaltersavage

Post by Captainwaltersavage » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:32 pm

So far the brave emperor of the Britons is pointing the way forward whilst just sorting out some paperwork with a reserve unit. Apparently a sandal is missing from the stores.

Captainwaltersavage

Post by Captainwaltersavage » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:39 pm

The false emperor with his Horse tribe allies dared to travel to Britannia.

Using their superior local knowledge the tribunes chose to fight on a nice flat plain with some forest at the edge and some rough ground to the right. The Emperor was surprised at the lack of hills having asked for hills, but the tribunes assured him that nice flat plains would be great for fighting lots of lancers.

Fortunately we brought so many legions we managed to fill the plain and allow our cavalry to lurk at the back. A fierce battle took place in which all the enemy generals but one was slain and the feared lancers were pinned against a forest on the left flank. The armoured centurions and the auxiliaries forced a breach in the centre of the line and gradually smashed their way towards the right flank. My right flank was broken in turn but the end of the battle saw the imposters mediocre legions facing off against the empires finest troops. It could only end one way with the enemy commander in chief fleeing for the coast and the remaining enemy legions either scattered or facing terrible odds. 63:44 at the end of a very intense game that ranged over most of the map.

Still alive.

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:59 pm

Yes, with the invading troops of late kronenblatt suffering this grave defeat in the not-very-hilly hills of Britannia, the political situation looks as follows:
TYME_II.png
TYME_II.png (37.28 KiB) Viewed 398 times
Three contenders left: CaptainWalterSavage , olin0111 , and NikiforosFokas.

And two battles remaining to be concluded this round: NikiforosFokas attacking Olin0111 in Mauretania, and Aetius39 conducting a foreign invasion with Parthian 250 BC - 225 AD upon NikiforosFokas in Cappadocia.

kronenblatt

Re: TYME II: Ongoing

Post by kronenblatt » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:40 pm

olin0111 wrote:
Aetius39 wrote:
How are these two battles progressing?

1. NikiforosFokas attacking olin0111 in Mauretania.
2. Aetius39 conducting a foreign invasion with Parthian 250 BC - 225 AD upon NikiforosFokas in Cappadocia.

olin0111
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by olin0111 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:59 am

kronenblatt wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:40 pm
olin0111 wrote:
Aetius39 wrote:

2. Aetius39 conducting a foreign invasion with Parthian 250 BC - 225 AD upon NikiforosFokas in Cappadocia.
Steadily :)

It's 40-20 in my favor in Mauretania last time I checked.

NikiforosFokas

Post by NikiforosFokas » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:44 pm

Aetius have not until now created the game.
For Byzantium!!

Aetius39

Post by Aetius39 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:04 am

NikiforosFokas wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:44 pm
Aetius have not until now created the game.
Hi and sorry, for some reason thought you had to! It's up now! PW: korea

olin0111
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by olin0111 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:18 pm

olin0111 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:59 am
kronenblatt wrote:
olin0111 wrote:
Aetius39 wrote:

This time I won over NikiforosFokas 62-38.

Publius Septimius Olinus has triumphed over the eastern horde in Mauretania and chased them back to Cyrenaica! He was also campaigning in Italia this year and managed to bribe one of his rival's bodyguards. In the fateful battle in the Po valley the usurper was assasinated. His legions either routed or decided to swear allegiance to the victor after being promised pay and amnesty. Meanwhile the news reached Olinus that another would-be-tyrant perished during fighting in Thracia. This created a power vacuum that was quickly exploited. Olinus forces secured Italia, Pannonia and all the provinces up to Asia. Truly a fortuitious year!

Aetius39

Post by Aetius39 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:59 am

olin0111 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:18 pm
olin0111 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:59 am
kronenblatt wrote:

Publius Septimius Olinus has triumphed over the eastern horde in Mauretania and chased them back to Cyrenaica! He was also campaigning in Italia this year and managed to bribe one of his rival's bodyguards. In the fateful battle in the Po valley the usurper was assasinated. His legions either routed or decided to swear allegiance to the victor after being promised pay and amnesty. Meanwhile the news reached Olinus that another would-be-tyrant perished during fighting in Thracia. This created a power vacuum that was quickly exploited. Olinus forces secured Italia, Pannonia and all the provinces up to Asia. Truly a fortuitious year!
Treachurus Betrayorus strikes again!!!

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:25 am

olin0111 wrote:

Did NikiforosFokas C-in-C die in your battle, or is he still alive and well, ready to fight on?

olin0111
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by olin0111 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:59 am

kronenblatt wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:25 am
olin0111 wrote:

Did NikiforosFokas C-in-C die in your battle, or is he still alive and well, ready to fight on?
Just to clarify, I was writing about your general, Kronenblatt and Aetius. NikiforosFokas is alive. I won the last battle by points.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”