Ever-Green League - 500 AD

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: Ever-Green League - 500 AD

Post by kronenblatt »

kronenblatt wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:12 pm 2. kronenblatt Sassanid Persian 477-590 AD

challenges

1. rbodleyscott Kingdom of Soissons 461-486 AD
Challenge accepted by way of PM.
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
ericdoman1
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by ericdoman1 »

3. Karvon Arab (City) 300-633 AD (110)

is challenged by

4. ericdoman1 Indian 320-545 AD (105)

challenge accepted, pw issued, game begins.
Last edited by ericdoman1 on Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

ericdoman1 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:28 pm 3. Karvon Arab (City) 300-633 AD (110)

is challenged by

4. ericdoman1 Indian 320-545 AD (105)
Challenge accepted

Karvon

Updated until here.
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

3. Karvon Arab (City) 300-633 AD (110) defeated 4. ericdoman1 Indian 320-545 AD (105) 47-14

We had forests securing both flanks and a pair of villages lay between the forests near the front of our deployment area. We expected the Indians would come through the center with their typical combination of elephants and medium foot, supported by a few horse and chariots. The most effective troops we could muster to counter these were our spearmen, average protected heavy foot. We brought a lot of these to form our main battle line and supported them with all the LF we could buy, plus a pair of Bedouin MF and massed archers. We brought along half a dozen cheap Bedouin lancers and 5 Bedouin LH plus a pair of camels for our mounted corp.

Initially, we deployed the Bedouin MF into each village. We placed our massed archers and a few of our LF in the woods on our left and a pair of LF on the edges of the woods on our right. A few LF we placed in a loose line ahead of the spears. Our spears we deployed in a two separate lines between and a bit back from the two villages. Our LH we deployed a bit off to our left screening the woods. Our lancers and camels we deployed off to the left of our spear line between the village and the woods.

Our plan was to potentially use the villages as anchors for our spear line holding the center of the field. Our horse could be shifted behind the line or woods to exploit whichever flank proved vulnerable. Our lights and bow would focus on the Indian horse and elephants.

The Indians deployed about as expected in a traditional combined arms line. They brought a full contingent of 7 or so elephants which were pretty evenly distributed along the line, interspersed with MF light spear, and backed by bowmen. They had a few Indian horse on each flank with 1-2 supporting LH. On their right, they had a couple of light chariots and armored lancers. They had 1-2 token LF.

The Indians began a slow steady advance towards my spear line, with their faster mounted moving a bit ahead on the flanks to scout the woods. I shifted my LH from my left to my right across the front of my line and advanced my spears up into the gap between the villages. On my left my lights and bow showered his probing horse, disrupting a couple which withdrew. On the my right, his horse fared better and swept one unfortunate LF off the field only to get chased off in turn by some of my reserve spear. My cavalry and camels began to pull back, not wishing to run over by elephants. This led him to commit his lancers and elephants in an attempt to catch me and some of my reserve spear faced left to cover the retreat.

In the center one of his LH evading from a flank charge ended in the very middle of my line. I encircled him with my LH and LF against the spears and then hammered the trapped horse with spears. This spurred the Indians to move up to try and trap my lights in the dwindling space between the two long lines. I dropped back a couple of spears which gave my lights avenues of escape after the LH was destroyed. My LF turned and unleashed a barrage on the oncoming elephants, disordering a couple. On the left my cavalry and camels scattered, some circling further left to threaten the Indian right, some retreating right behind the safety of the spear screen to avoid the elephants. A couple turned to face the advancing chariots and lancers.

Along the line, the Indians charged in with their elephants and light spear foot. On my left, an elephant and supporting foot attempted to dislodge my defending Bedouins. The Arab spears resolutely held their ground and worked to gang up, here and there on the fewer light spear. On my right, reserve spear and Bedouins began shifting to turn the shorter Indian line. On my left, my lights encircled and shot down one Indian horse, opening up the way for the Bedouin horse to sweep through and around the Indian right. a lone Indian light spear got stuck into my bow in the woods and that degenerated fairly steadily. One camel and a LF peppered an elephant moving around the village battle, disordering him and drawing him into a charge which took him well behind my lines, where my lurking lights encircled and shot him down. All did not go well for the Arabs however, in the center, one spear broke fighting an elephant and it went charging after the fleeing foot ending a bit behind our lines. The Bedouins in the village finally broke after being ground down by overwhelming numbers.

The tide was turning in the Arabs favor though, with our superior number of heavy foot, we were able to absorb our losses and plug in reserves to fill holes and exploit openings along the main battle line and more of the Indians were disrupted. Our light horse in reserve behind the spears shifted right, riding around to the flank and rear of the Indian left. More decisively, our Bedouin lancers on our left swept around and through the woods and overran an Indian bow, horse and chariot, leading to a chain of pursuit and flank attacks which tore up the Indian right, leading to demoralization of the surviving Indians.

Result: Arab victory and a swap of armies.

The final view of the field...
Attachments
2021 01 29 Arab Indian.jpg
2021 01 29 Arab Indian.jpg (229.41 KiB) Viewed 1416 times
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Karvon wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:07 am 3. Karvon Arab (City) 300-633 AD (110) defeated 4. ericdoman1 Indian 320-545 AD (105) 47-14

We had forests securing both flanks and a pair of villages lay between the forests near the front of our deployment area. We expected the Indians would come through the center with their typical combination of elephants and medium foot, supported by a few horse and chariots. The most effective troops we could muster to counter these were our spearmen, average protected heavy foot. We brought a lot of these to form our main battle line and supported them with all the LF we could buy, plus a pair of Bedouin MF and massed archers. We brought along half a dozen cheap Bedouin lancers and 5 Bedouin LH plus a pair of camels for our mounted corp.

Initially, we deployed the Bedouin MF into each village. We placed our massed archers and a few of our LF in the woods on our left and a pair of LF on the edges of the woods on our right. A few LF we placed in a loose line ahead of the spears. Our spears we deployed in a two separate lines between and a bit back from the two villages. Our LH we deployed a bit off to our left screening the woods. Our lancers and camels we deployed off to the left of our spear line between the village and the woods.

Our plan was to potentially use the villages as anchors for our spear line holding the center of the field. Our horse could be shifted behind the line or woods to exploit whichever flank proved vulnerable. Our lights and bow would focus on the Indian horse and elephants.

The Indians deployed about as expected in a traditional combined arms line. They brought a full contingent of 7 or so elephants which were pretty evenly distributed along the line, interspersed with MF light spear, and backed by bowmen. They had a few Indian horse on each flank with 1-2 supporting LH. On their right, they had a couple of light chariots and armored lancers. They had 1-2 token LF.

The Indians began a slow steady advance towards my spear line, with their faster mounted moving a bit ahead on the flanks to scout the woods. I shifted my LH from my left to my right across the front of my line and advanced my spears up into the gap between the villages. On my left my lights and bow showered his probing horse, disrupting a couple which withdrew. On the my right, his horse fared better and swept one unfortunate LF off the field only to get chased off in turn by some of my reserve spear. My cavalry and camels began to pull back, not wishing to run over by elephants. This led him to commit his lancers and elephants in an attempt to catch me and some of my reserve spear faced left to cover the retreat.

In the center one of his LH evading from a flank charge ended in the very middle of my line. I encircled him with my LH and LF against the spears and then hammered the trapped horse with spears. This spurred the Indians to move up to try and trap my lights in the dwindling space between the two long lines. I dropped back a couple of spears which gave my lights avenues of escape after the LH was destroyed. My LF turned and unleashed a barrage on the oncoming elephants, disordering a couple. On the left my cavalry and camels scattered, some circling further left to threaten the Indian right, some retreating right behind the safety of the spear screen to avoid the elephants. A couple turned to face the advancing chariots and lancers.

Along the line, the Indians charged in with their elephants and light spear foot. On my left, an elephant and supporting foot attempted to dislodge my defending Bedouins. The Arab spears resolutely held their ground and worked to gang up, here and there on the fewer light spear. On my right, reserve spear and Bedouins began shifting to turn the shorter Indian line. On my left, my lights encircled and shot down one Indian horse, opening up the way for the Bedouin horse to sweep through and around the Indian right. a lone Indian light spear got stuck into my bow in the woods and that degenerated fairly steadily. One camel and a LF peppered an elephant moving around the village battle, disordering him and drawing him into a charge which took him well behind my lines, where my lurking lights encircled and shot him down. All did not go well for the Arabs however, in the center, one spear broke fighting an elephant and it went charging after the fleeing foot ending a bit behind our lines. The Bedouins in the village finally broke after being ground down by overwhelming numbers.

The tide was turning in the Arabs favor though, with our superior number of heavy foot, we were able to absorb our losses and plug in reserves to fill holes and exploit openings along the main battle line and more of the Indians were disrupted. Our light horse in reserve behind the spears shifted right, riding around to the flank and rear of the Indian left. More decisively, our Bedouin lancers on our left swept around and through the woods and overran an Indian bow, horse and chariot, leading to a chain of pursuit and flank attacks which tore up the Indian right, leading to demoralization of the surviving Indians.

Result: Arab victory and a swap of armies.

The final view of the field...
Thanks, Karvon! As always, entertaining to read your (objective 8) ) report and analysis of the battle. :D

Updated with this.

ericdoman1

Post by ericdoman1 »

Delete
Last edited by ericdoman1 on Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ericdoman1

Post by ericdoman1 »

4. Aetius39 Byzantine 493-550 AD (100)

is challenged by

6. ericdoman1 Arab (City) 300-633 AD with Sassanid Persian allies 477 - 590 AD (85)
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

ericdoman1 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:12 am 4. Aetius39 Byzantine 493-550 AD (100)

is challenged by

6. ericdoman1 Arab (City) 300-633 AD with Sassanid Persian allies 477 - 590 AD (85)
Accepted!
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
ericdoman1

Post by ericdoman1 »

Aetius39 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:34 am
ericdoman1 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:12 am 4. Aetius39 Byzantine 493-550 AD (100)

is challenged by

Accepted!
Brill pw = egl500

Updated until here.
dim30
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by dim30 »

dim30 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:53 pm Hi. "Sabre au clair" for my first challenge !

17) Dim30 ostrogotic with germanicfoot tribes support (0)

challenge

16) Peterpiper hephtalites (0)
Peterpiper have won this game. My army manage to catch some adverses cav but Elephant have caused havoc in my cav. A really cool game (65/ 46) with a very good player.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Please note that the rules have been changed so that "No rerolls of maps are allowed".

ericdoman1

Post by ericdoman1 »

Aetius39 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:34 am

is defeated by

I scream, you scream, we all scream at another ruddy stream:)

Updated until here.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

kronenblatt Sassanid Persian 477-590 AD beat rbodleyscott Kingdom of Soissons 461-486 AD.

ericdoman1

Post by ericdoman1 »

Hi Andreas

1. kronenblatt Kingdom of Soissons 461-486 AD (175)

is challenged by

4. ericdoman1 Byzantine 493-550 AD with Bedouin Allies (115)
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

ericdoman1 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:31 pm Hi Andreas

is challenged by

Accepted! Bring them on!

ericdoman1

Post by ericdoman1 »

kronenblatt wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:20 am

is challenged by

Accepted! Bring them on!
pw = egl500
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Four players have reverted with wishes to get new armies, as follows:

deeter: immediately switches to Hunnic (Western) 455-559 AD
tyronec: immediately switches to Arab (Bedouin) 300-636 AD
imatson2527: switches to Byzantine 493-550 AD after the battle of ericdoman1 (currently having Byzantine 493-550 AD) is concluded => now switched
ericdoman1: switches to Pictish 477-850 AD after conclusion of battle with kronenblatt (kronenblatt will then keep Kingdom of Soissons 461-486 AD since imatson2527 switches to Byzantine 493-550 AD) => now switched

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

is challenged by

kronenblatt Kingdom of Soissons 461-486 AD won against ericdoman1 Byzantine 493-550 AD.

ericdoman1 now gets Pictish 477-850 AD, imatson2527 Byzantine 493-550 AD, and kronenblatt keeps Kingdom of Soissons 461-486 AD, as per earlier reshuffle of armies (in post immediately above).

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Some thoughts on retiring temporarily from the Ever-Green Leagues. Please note that instead of retiring temporarily, it's possible to achieve a lighter load of games to play simply through:
  • not make any challenges of your own.
  • decline challenges if you don't have the time to play the games (always possible).
  • play the game in a slow pace (up to three weeks between challenge and concluded game).
This means that at the maximum one game per section needs to be played over a three-week period. At the maximum.

ericdoman1

Post by ericdoman1 »

2. rbodleyscott Sassanid Persian 477-590 AD (145)

is challenged (for a change:)) by

4. ericdoman1 Pictish 477-850 AD and Scots/Irish allies (105)

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”