Game set up for Aetius

password: Sicily
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: The West is No More (476 AD) - Tournament 1

Post by kronenblatt »

Game for:

6. Conquest: West Rome attacks Gepids. Attacker province: VII Pannonia. Defender province: VII Pannonia.

set up for MadMaxBot.

password: TWINM

PM sent.
Enjoy!
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
olin0111
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by olin0111 »

Game set up for tyronec in XXII Anglia.
PW: TWINM

Sorry I missed that one!
tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by tyronec »

5a. Annexation in XXII Anglia: tyronec as Franks attacks Aetius39 as Anglo-Saxons.
Franks win, 44-3.
Captainwaltersavage
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Captainwaltersavage »

2. Conquest in III Sicilia: Aetius39 as Italy attacks CaptainWalterSavage as Vandals.

Italy won the battle quite easily in the end 42:28.

However Thancmar son of Guntram gave his life when some Alan lancers charged into the rear of the murderous Italian Commander and destroyed his seemingly victorious army. Victory goes to the Alans who won despite losing more troops by removing the head of the enemy army.
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Captainwaltersavage wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:52 am 2. Conquest in III Sicilia: Aetius39 as Italy attacks CaptainWalterSavage as Vandals.

However Thancmar son of Guntram gave his life when some Alan lancers charged into the rear of the murderous Italian Commander and destroyed his seemingly victorious army. Victory goes to the Alans who won despite losing more troops by removing the head of the enemy army.
pfft! That's what I get for playing well. With the battle scattered and broken up, there was no real way for me to protect my C in C. Good sneaky come from behind win!
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
Captainwaltersavage

Aetius39 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:52 am
Captainwaltersavage wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:52 am 2. Conquest in III Sicilia: Aetius39 as Italy attacks CaptainWalterSavage as Vandals.

pfft! That's what I get for playing well. With the battle scattered and broken up, there was no real way for me to protect my C in C. Good sneaky come from behind win!
I think you will find it was a marvelously glorious, come from behind, win!
tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by tyronec »

That is not what you said when it happened in our game :wink: :wink:
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

tyronec wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:23 pm
That is not what you said when it happened in our game :wink: :wink:
hmmm :)
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

kronenblatt wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:45 pm Game for:

6. Conquest: West Rome attacks Gepids. Attacker province: VII Pannonia. Defender province: VII Pannonia.

set up for MadMaxBot.

password: TWINM

PM sent.
Enjoy!
6. Conquest in VII Pannonia: MadMaxBot as West Rome attacks kronenblatt as Gepids. => West Rome (7% incurred) beat Gepids (45%).

olin0111

Post by olin0111 »

kronenblatt wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:39 pm 1. Conquest in IX Dacia: olin0111 as East Rome attacks peterpiper as Ostrogoths.
5b. Annexation in XXII Anglia: tyronec as Soissons attacks olin0111 as Anglo-Saxons.
7. Foreign invasion in XVI Oriens: peterpiper as Persia attacks olin0111 as East Rome.
So here's the list of my defeats for this turn :)

1. Peterpiper defeats Olin0111 47-11
5b. Tyronec defeats Olin0111 66-48
7. Peterpiper defeats Olin0111 38-18 East Roman C-in-C fell in battle

Shameful display!

EDIT: Corrected 5b and 7 (switched the results)
Last edited by olin0111 on Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by tyronec »

5b. Tyronec defeats Olin0111 38-18 East Roman C-in-C fell in battle
7. Peterpiper defeats Olin0111 66-48
I think this is not quite right, in our game (5b) the score was 66-48 to the Soissonians, no CinC loss.
Close game which went right up to turn 23 before we got a result, until the last few turns the Saxons had the upper hand and a few fortunate results swung it my way. The Saxons are truly an awful army list, it was perhaps unsporting to launch two attacks on them.

One wonders why the Anglo-Saxons didn't use cavalry, they must have had the horses available and other groups like the Vikings converted. Guess right through to the 20thC they have still not been great at mobile warfare - thinking of the likes of Wellington and Montgomery.
olin0111

Post by olin0111 »

tyronec wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:41 am
I think this is not quite right, in our game (5b) the score was 66-48 to the Soissonians, no CinC loss.
Close game which went right up to turn 23 before we got a result, until the last few turns the Saxons had the upper hand and a few fortunate results swung it my way. The Saxons are truly an awful army list, it was perhaps unsporting to launch two attacks on them.

One wonders why the Anglo-Saxons didn't use cavalry, they must have had the horses available and other groups like the Vikings converted. Guess right through to the 20thC they have still not been great at mobile warfare - thinking of the likes of Wellington and Montgomery.
Yes, I switched 5b and 7, sorry about that and thanks for double checking. I corrected the original post.

Re the Saxons there's nothing unsporting about that :) You use the advantages that you have. We all know that armies are not equal and it's not fair, just like history.
That what draws me to this game - the stories that we make based on (interpretation of) history that is not perfectly balanced. As to the army list itself, yes it sucks to not have any cavalry or some smaller units of spearmen to defend your flanks with. It is historically accurate? I don't know enough about this period to know for sure. It makes you wonder if they didn't even use some light cavalry with javelins for battle but maybe they always dismounted.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

olin0111 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:40 am
kronenblatt wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:39 pm 1. Conquest in IX Dacia: olin0111 as East Rome attacks peterpiper as Ostrogoths.
5b. Annexation in XXII Anglia: tyronec as Soissons attacks olin0111 as Anglo-Saxons.
7. Foreign invasion in XVI Oriens: peterpiper as Persia attacks olin0111 as East Rome.
So here's the list of my defeats for this turn :)

5b. Tyronec defeats Olin0111 66-48
7. Peterpiper defeats Olin0111 38-18 East Roman C-in-C fell in battle

Shameful display!

EDIT: Corrected 5b and 7 (switched the results)
Thanks for report, Michal! And for making it right, Tyrone! :)

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

tyronec wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:41 am Close game which went right up to turn 23 before we got a result, until the last few turns the Saxons had the upper hand and a few fortunate results swung it my way. The Saxons are truly an awful army list, it was perhaps unsporting to launch two attacks on them. One wonders why the Anglo-Saxons didn't use cavalry, they must have had the horses available and other groups like the Vikings converted. Guess right through to the 20thC they have still not been great at mobile warfare - thinking of the likes of Wellington and Montgomery.
olin0111 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:53 pm Re the Saxons there's nothing unsporting about that :) You use the advantages that you have. We all know that armies are not equal and it's not fair, just like history.
That what draws me to this game - the stories that we make based on (interpretation of) history that is not perfectly balanced. As to the army list itself, yes it sucks to not have any cavalry or some smaller units of spearmen to defend your flanks with. It is historically accurate? I don't know enough about this period to know for sure. It makes you wonder if they didn't even use some light cavalry with javelins for battle but maybe they always dismounted.
Seems to have been a hell of a fight though between Soissons and Anglo-Saxons: 66-48...! :mrgreen:

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

How are the two remaining battles progressing?

3. Conquest in XXI Baetica: kronenblatt as Suevians attacks peterpiper as Visigoths.
4. Annexation in XXVI Mauretania: CaptainWalterSavage as Vandals attacks MadMaxBot as Moors.

Defenders (in bold) set up battles.

MadMaxBot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by MadMaxBot »

4. Annexation in Mauretania: MadMaxBot (Moors)39 Draws CaptainWalterSavage37 (Vandals) 39-37
Captainwaltersavage

MadMaxBot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:56 pm 4. Annexation in Mauretania: MadMaxBot (Moors)39 Draws CaptainWalterSavage37 (Vandals) 39-37
A very long battle for a draw - but the Vandals did retain control of the battle field when night fell. I could not get onto the plateau fortress that the Moorish infantry was hiding on. Essentially a skirmish battle. If it had been open terrain I might have won. It was like fighting a cavalry army, they were so elusive.
Captainwaltersavage

olin0111 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:53 pm
tyronec wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:41 am

Yes, I switched 5b and 7, sorry about that and thanks for double checking. I corrected the original post.

Re the Saxons there's nothing unsporting about that :) You use the advantages that you have. We all know that armies are not equal and it's not fair, just like history.
Most of the ancient armies fought in ways that were culturally and socially possible. Not necessarily the most effective way. No great culture of rearing horses or ways to breed and train them or the troops that might use them. The Anglo-saxons rode to battle but dismounted to fight. The Normans changed that. A change in culture meant a change in tactics because of a change in troop types. I do like trying to fight using the different troops to find the most effective ways to work within the limitations imposed. Aslo for comparison to Wellington (note Seringapatum and Argaum battles for comparison in tactics) you have John Moore. For Montgomery - you have Orde Wingate, Liddell-Hart and David Stirling. The 8th army became very mobile after El Alamein - its just they did not outrun their resources in the same way as Rommel did. I might be biased here. To be fair - British cavalry has often been rubbish.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

A question to everyone: have you applied your FP adjustments in the battles that your own major factions have been fighting?

Force point adjustment section:
Each player’s FP adjustment is calculated as follows: 20 minus the player’s major faction's maximum incurred casualties.
The player’s FP adjustment will affect the FP of applicable battles of his major faction next round.

=> Only the battles of the player's major faction count in the FP adjustment, and the FP adjustment is only used for the player's major faction (next round and only for applicable battles).

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”