An Empire in Flames - Tournament I: Concluded

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Doyley50
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: An Empire in Flames - Tournament I: Ongoing

Post by Doyley50 »

Battle 1B Doyley50 (Goths) attacking kronenblatt (Romans II) set up.
Pwd 1234. PM sent.
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kronenblatt »

Aetius39 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:00 pm 3 Raid by Aetius on Kronenblatt

passwords for all is paxromana
The Iazyges game doesn't have paxromana as password.
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
kronenblatt

Re: Round VIII (274 AD): battle resolutions

Post by kronenblatt »

1b. Raid: Doyley50 (Goths, 1600 FP) attacks kronenblatt (Romans II, 1562 FP) in Asia XIX.

Non-Roman factions that cannot make attacks upon certain Roman factions this round (due to losing battle)
Goths upon kronenblatt.

I should have seen this earlier... But are you ok with us fighting this battle? I am. Otherwise, what remains is an Alaman attack upon one of Aetius39's provinces (V or VIII) or a Sassanid attack upon Asia XIX.

Doyley50

Post by Doyley50 »

1b Doyley50 (Goths) beat kronenblatt (Romans II) 45-61

A close game,much more so than the result indicates.
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Aetius (Romans I) defeats Doyley50 (Romans IV) 61-53

Battle was on a long hill in the middle where the Romans I broke through on their left, but their right was heavily pushed by a lot of cavalry and strong legion units. Many broke on each side and it was a last bit of flaking in the center that finally autobroke a few units. Tough game well played by Doyley! GG!
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Aetius39 (Romans I) defeats kronenblatt (Romans II) 55-29

Tough match with a river in the middle, AND hills on both sides for each army to stand on. Two attempts were made to get across, on both sides. The right one was ultimately successful, slowly but surely. In the end flanks on units mired in the river helped turn the tide. GG as always and I feel closer than the score suggests.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

With three battles concluded and two still outstanding

Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Aetius (Romans I) defeats kronenblatt (Franks) 50-42 due to the Franks' C-in-C falling.

Very hard battle for the Romans, as the terrain and battle setup made me think they had a pretty big advantage. Yet the Franks won the lights war, and the warbands fought strong and bravely. It close to a dead head with just a few turns left until the Franks' commander Godobald was shot with an arrow by a certain Roman Centurion as he tried to flee the battle, Isildur-style. GG Kronenblatt, you played really well there and for a time I thought the Romans would fall!
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Aetius39 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:04 am Aetius (Romans I) defeats kronenblatt (Franks) 50-42 due to the Franks' C-in-C falling.

Very hard battle for the Romans, as the terrain and battle setup made me think they had a pretty big advantage. Yet the Franks won the lights war, and the warbands fought strong and bravely. It close to a dead head with just a few turns left until the Franks' commander Godobald was shot with an arrow by a certain Roman Centurion as he tried to flee the battle, Isildur-style. GG Kronenblatt, you played really well there and for a time I thought the Romans would fall!
Ha ha! Proper ending to that battle. :) And then I can always blame the loss on the C-in-C death. 8) Just a clarification: your Roman centurion was fleeing the battle, when he shot arrows at his pursuers, with one stray arrow hitting God-o-(so)-bald in his back while slaying Romans in a separate melee? :lol:

Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

kronenblatt wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:47 am
Aetius39 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:04 am Aetius (Romans I) defeats kronenblatt (Franks) 50-42 due to the Franks' C-in-C falling.

Ha ha! Proper ending to that battle. :) And then I can always blame the loss on the C-in-C death. 8) Just a clarification: your Roman centurion was fleeing the battle, when he shot arrows at his pursuers, with one stray arrow hitting God-o-(so)-bald in his back while slaying Romans in a separate melee? :lol:
Unfortunately for Godobald...the winners write history!^^
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Aetius39 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:59 am
kronenblatt wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:47 am

Unfortunately for Godobald...the winners write history!^^
Yeah, I know... :(

kronenblatt

Round VIII (274 AD): Results

Post by kronenblatt »

Concluded battles
1a. Conquest: Doyley50 (Romans IV, 1575 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1558 FP) in Phoenicia XXV. => Aetius39 defeats Doyley50 61-53.
1b. Raid: Doyley50 (Goths, 1600 FP) attacks kronenblatt (Romans II, 1562 FP) in Asia XIX. => Doyley50 defeats kronenblatt 61-45.
2a. Conquest: kronenblatt (Romans II, 1562 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1558 FP) in Italia XIII. => Aetius39 defeats kronenblatt 55-29.
2b. Raid: kronenblatt (Franks, 1600 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1558 FP) in Germania Inferior IV. => Aetius39 defeats kronenblatt 50-42, due to C-in-C falling in battle.
3. Raid: Aetius39 (Iazyges, 1600 FP) attacks kronenblatt (Romans II, 1562 FP) in Pannonia X. => Aetius39 defeats kronenblatt 63-51.

Force point (FP) adjustments for next round
1. Aetius39: -33 (20 - 53)
2. Doyley50: -41 (20 - 61)
3. kronenblatt: -43 (20 - 63)

kronenblatt

Round IX (276 AD): attack declarations

Post by kronenblatt »

Order of attack declarations:
1. Aetius39: -33 (Dec. 22)
2. Doyley50: -41 (Dec. 23)
3. kronenblatt: -43 (Dec. 24)

Each player shall make two attack declarations upon other players' Roman factions (see Attacks in rules):
I. One conquest attack by his Roman faction.
II. One raid attack by any non-Roman faction.

Once attack declarations have been made, battles are resolved simultaneously during a three-week period.

Please note that:
  • A number of provinces are now looted by certain non-Roman factions (see earlier post and map), with provinces looted from land raids allowing for raids deeper into the Roman empire by these factions.
  • Attack declaration shall be made in posts in this thread.
  • Rules are found in second post of this thread.
  • Date (midnight CET (Rome) time) above indicates deadline, after which opportunity to declare attacks is forfeited and the player next in line may declare attacks.
  • If a player above has announced his attacks, then the player next in line is free and is encouraged to announce attacks too, up to his deadline, i.e., if the players before you have announced attacks, don't wait for your deadline to announce your own attacks but instead do so speedily so battles can start as soon as possible.
The following provinces are now considered looted (as highlighted by lighter colors in the map below)
Arabia XXVI. Cappadocia XXI. Dacia XI. Moesia Inferior XII. Aegyptus XXX. Agri Decumates VI. Thracia XVI. Mesopotamia XXIV. Macedonia XVII. Bithynia et Pontus XVIII. Galatia XX. Pannonia X. Asia XIX.

Aggregate occurrences of Roman factions' C-in-Cs having fallen in battle
Aetius39 2. kronenblatt 2. Doyley50 1.

Non-Roman factions that cannot make attacks upon certain Roman factions this round (due to losing battle)
Franks upon Aetius39.

Force point (FP) adjustments
1. Aetius39: -33 (20 - 53)
2. Doyley50: -41 (20 - 61)
3. kronenblatt: -43 (20 - 63)

Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Attack: Aetius (Roman I) from IX Noricum attacks kronenblatt (Roman II) in X Pannonia

Raid: Goths raid XXII Lycia et Cilicia
Doyley50

Post by Doyley50 »

Attack: Doyley50 (Romans IV) from Mesopotamia XXIV attacks Aetius (Romans I) in Syria XXIII.

Raid: Sassanids raid Aetius (Romans I) in Syria XXV
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Conquest: kronenblatt attacks Doyley50's XX Galatia from XXII Lycia et Cilicia.

Raid: Goths attack XXV Syria.

Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

kronenblatt wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:20 pm Conquest: kronenblatt attacks Doyley50's XX Galatia from XXII Lycia et Cilicia.

Sorry but aren't the two attacks you made already attacked this turn?^^
kronenblatt

Round IX (276 AD): battle resolutions

Post by kronenblatt »

Attack declarations, round IX (276 AD)
1. Aetius39: -33 (Dec. 22) => Conquest: Aetius39 attacks kronenblatt's X Pannonia from IX Noricum. Raid: Goths attack XXII Lycia et Cilicia.
2. Doyley50: -41 (Dec. 23) => Conquest: Doyley50 attacks Aetius39's XXIII Syria from XXIV Mesopotamia. Raid: Sassanids attack XXV Phoenicia.
3. kronenblatt: -43 (Dec. 24) => Conquest: kronenblatt attacks Doyley50's XX Galatia from XXII Lycia et Cilicia. Raid: Goths attack XXIII Syria.

Battles, round IX (276 AD)
1a. Conquest: Aetius39 (Romans I, 1567 FP) attacks kronenblatt (Romans II, 1557 FP) in X Pannonia.
1b. Raid: Aetius39 (Goths, 1600 FP) attacks kronenblatt (Romans II, 1557 FP) in XXII Lycia et Cilicia.
2a. Conquest: Doyley50 (Romans IV, 1559 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1567 FP) in XXIII Syria.
2b. Raid: Doyley50 (Sassanids, 1600 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1567 FP) in XXV Phoenicia.
3a. Conquest: kronenblatt (Romans II, 1557 FP) attacks Doyley50 (Romans IV, 1559 FP) in XX Galatia.
3b. Raid: kronenblatt (Goths, 1600 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1567 FP) in XXIII Syria.

Please note the following
  • Battles are resolved simultaneously during a four-week period of Dec. 23 - Jan. 20.
  • The defender in Conquests and the attacker in Raids creates the challenge, also deciding the map terrain for the province in question.
  • All battles are 24 turns, 40 x 32 and use Remove the Head (i.e., the battle will end also when one side’s C-in-C falls in battle with that side becoming the loser).
  • Only Aetius39, the current controller of Italia XIII, is allowed to select Praetorian Guard units in his battles.
  • No map re-rolls are allowed.
  • Make sure you have An Empire in Flames v2 module downloaded and installed.
  • When setting up the challenge in-game, in Multiplayer Lobby under My Challenges, through pressing New Challenge and then Create Skirmish, choose Select Another Module, mark An Empire in Flames v2 and click LAUNCH. The factions can now be chosen for the battle when creating the challenge.
  • The defender reports the battle result once concluded: who's victor and loser (if any), always specifying the incurred casualties and whether any faction's C-in-C fell in battle.
Enjoy! Any questions? Please post them here.

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Aetius39 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:29 pm
kronenblatt wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:20 pm Conquest: kronenblatt attacks Doyley50's XX Galatia from XXII Lycia et Cilicia.

Sorry but aren't the two attacks you made already attacked this turn?^^
No, it's ok, since:

• Conquest attacks can be made upon or from provinces already involved in raid attacks this round.
  • Raid attacks can be made upon provinces already involved in other attacks this round, whether conquests or other raids, and whether attacked from or attacked upon.

Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Games set up:

1. Goth raid against Roman II army
pw gothattack (or gothsattack) ^^

2. Doyley's Roman II attack upon Aetius' Roman I in Syria
pw paxromana

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”