Sassanid raid against Aetius' Roman I army in Phoenicia

kronenblatt's Roman II attack on Doyley50 (Roman IV) in Galatia

Pwd 1234 in both cases
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: An Empire in Flames - Tournament I: Ongoing

Post by kronenblatt »

3a. Conquest: kronenblatt (Romans II, 1557 FP) attacks Doyley50 (Romans IV, 1559 FP) in XX Galatia
=> kronenblatt defeats Doyley50 43-15, due to C-in-C falling in battle.
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
Doyley50
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Doyley50 »

The C in C, Caelius Lactantius, realising that the battle was lost, disgracefully attempted to flee the field and met his well deserved fate. A good game thanks kronenblatt.
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Aetius39 (Romans I) defeats Doyley50 (Sassanids) 46-7

Romans got a bit lucky with their right, having the cavalry on a slight hill protecting the flank while the main infantry of the Sassanid army went into defensive fortifications to attack the Romans there. I think we both forgot about those damned fortifications, and the Sassanids came out on the worse of it, while their cavalry couldn't get around the Romans' cavalry (bit of luck there for the Romans). GG!
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Aetius39 (Romans I) defeats Kronenblatt (Goths) 41-9

The lines both came at each other, but there was a break in the middle quite early in the Goth lines. This was exploited and became a hole with several routed. The sides fared no better for the Goths as their cavalry were unable to support or help the center. Those warbands are so unpredictable! GG as always!^^
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Aetius39 (Romans I) defeats Doyley50 (Romans IV) 63-44

Tough civil war battle where the legionnaires on both sides fell everywhere. Hard-fought and fun game, thanks again, GG!^^
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Aetius39 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:39 pm Aetius39 (Romans I) defeats Doyley50 (Romans IV) 63-44

Tough civil war battle where the legionnaires on both sides fell everywhere. Hard-fought and fun game, thanks again, GG!^^
This will most likely spell the end of Doyley50, the usurper, and his (as it showed, unrightful) claim to the purple. If so, many thanks, Alan: hope you have enjoyed An Empire in Flames as much as I'm doing! :)

Doyley50

Post by Doyley50 »

Yes indeed, one of my favourites, thanks for setting it up and overseeing it. If it should be resurrected in the future then I should like to take part ( I'm a glutton for punishment :) )
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Doyley50 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:57 pm Yes indeed, one of my favourites, thanks for setting it up and overseeing it. If it should be resurrected in the future then I should like to take part ( I'm a glutton for punishment :) )
Glad to hear, Alan: An Empire in Flames is also one of my favourite tournaments (I'll just balance the use of raids; to make it more interesting for Romans to attack too). You're always welcome to join any and all of my tournaments. :)

Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Aetius (Romans I) defeats kronenblatt (Romans II) 57-31

A mighty battle this way, with the middle lines clashing in typical Romans fashion, and the left having a strangely all cavalry fight separate from the main battle (a small lake helped in that), but the right saw some breaks that lead into a general rout of the Romans II's army eventually, but not before they took away many of the opposing team's men as well! GG as always kronenblatt!^^
kronenblatt

Round IX (276 AD): Results

Post by kronenblatt »

Battles:
1a. Conquest: Aetius39 (Romans I, 1567 FP) attacks kronenblatt (Romans II, 1557 FP) in X Pannonia. => Aetius39 defeats kronenblatt 57-31.
1b. Raid: Aetius39 (Goths, 1600 FP) attacks kronenblatt (Romans II, 1557 FP) in XXII Lycia et Cilicia. => Aetius39 defeats kronenblatt 60-58.
2a. Conquest: Doyley50 (Romans IV, 1559 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1567 FP) in XXIII Syria. => Aetius39 defeats Doyley50 63-44.
2b. Raid: Doyley50 (Sassanids, 1600 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1567 FP) in XXV Phoenicia. => Aetius39 defeats Doyley50 46-7.
3a. Conquest: kronenblatt (Romans II, 1557 FP) attacks Doyley50 (Romans IV, 1559 FP) in XX Galatia. => kronenblatt defeats Doyley50 43-15, due to C-in-C falling in battle (2nd time).
3b. Raid: kronenblatt (Goths, 1600 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1567 FP) in XXIII Syria. => Aetius39 defeats kronenblatt 41-9.

Force point (FP) adjustments for next round
1. Aetius39: -24 (20 - 44)
2. kronenblatt: -43 (20 - 63)

kronenblatt

Round X (278 AD): attack declarations

Post by kronenblatt »

Order of attack declarations:
1. Aetius39: -24 Jan. 22
2. kronenblatt: -43 Jan. 23

Each player shall make two attack declarations upon other players' Roman factions (see Attacks in rules):
I. One conquest attack by his Roman faction.
II. One raid attack by any non-Roman faction.

Once attack declarations have been made, battles are resolved simultaneously during a three-week period.

Please note that:
  • A number of provinces are now looted by certain non-Roman factions (see earlier post and map), with provinces looted from land raids allowing for raids deeper into the Roman empire by these factions.
  • Attack declaration shall be made in posts in this thread.
  • Rules are found in second post of this thread.
  • Date (midnight CET (Rome) time) above indicates deadline, after which opportunity to declare attacks is forfeited and the player next in line may declare attacks.
  • If a player above has announced his attacks, then the player next in line is free and is encouraged to announce attacks too, up to his deadline, i.e., if the players before you have announced attacks, don't wait for your deadline to announce your own attacks but instead do so speedily so battles can start as soon as possible.
The following provinces are now considered looted (as highlighted by lighter colors in the map below)
Arabia XXVI. Cappadocia XXI. Dacia XI. Moesia Inferior XII. Aegyptus XXX. Agri Decumates VI. Thracia XVI. Mesopotamia XXIV. Macedonia XVII. Bithynia et Pontus XVIII. Galatia XX. Pannonia X. Asia XIX. Lycia et Cilicia XXII.

Aggregate occurrences of Roman factions' C-in-Cs having fallen in battle
Aetius39 2. kronenblatt 2.

Non-Roman factions that cannot make attacks upon certain Roman factions this round (due to losing battle)
Goths upon Aetius39. Sassanids upon Aetius39.

Force point (FP) adjustments
2. kronenblatt: -43 (20 - 63)

Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Conquest: Aetius39 attacks kronenblatt's XIV Dalmatia from IX Noricum.
Raid: Goths attack XV Moesia Superior.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Conquest: kronenblatt attacks Aetius39's X Pannonia from XV Moesia Superior.
Raid: Franks attack IV Germania Inferior.

kronenblatt

Round X (278 AD): battle resolutions

Post by kronenblatt »

Attack declarations, round X (278 AD)
1. Aetius39: -24 Jan. 22 => Conquest: Aetius39 attacks kronenblatt's XIV Dalmatia from IX Noricum. Raid: Goths attack XV Moesia Superior.
2. kronenblatt: -43 Jan. 23 => Conquest: kronenblatt attacks Aetius39's X Pannonia from XV Moesia Superior. Raid: Franks attack IV Germania Inferior.

Battles, round X (278 AD)
1a. Conquest: Aetius39 (Romans I, 1576 FP) attacks kronenblatt (Romans II, 1557 FP) in XIV Dalmatia.
1b. Raid: Aetius39 (Goths, 1600 FP) attacks kronenblatt (Romans II, 1557 FP) in XV Moesia Superior.
2a. Conquest: kronenblatt (Romans II, 1557 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1576 FP) in X Pannonia.
2b. Raid: kronenblatt (Franks, 1600 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1576 FP) in IV Germania Inferior.

Please note the following
  • Battles are resolved simultaneously during a four-week period of Feb. 8 - Mar. 8.
  • The defender in Conquests and the attacker in Raids creates the challenge, also deciding the map terrain for the province in question.
  • All battles are 24 turns, 40 x 32 and use Remove the Head (i.e., the battle will end also when one side’s C-in-C falls in battle with that side becoming the loser).
  • Only Aetius39, the current controller of Italia XIII, is allowed to select Praetorian Guard units in his battles.
  • No map re-rolls are allowed.
  • Make sure you have An Empire in Flames v2 module downloaded and installed.
  • When setting up the challenge in-game, in Multiplayer Lobby under My Challenges, through pressing New Challenge and then Create Skirmish, choose Select Another Module, mark An Empire in Flames v2 and click LAUNCH. The factions can now be chosen for the battle when creating the challenge.
  • The defender reports the battle result once concluded: who's victor and loser (if any), always specifying the incurred casualties and whether any faction's C-in-C fell in battle.
Enjoy! Any questions? Please post them here.

Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Aetius (Romans I) defeats kronenblatt (Romans II) 42-9

Tight map wedged between a mountain basically sent both lines at each other. A few key breaks led to ganging up and an eventual rout. GG!
kronenblatt

Round X (278 AD): Results

Post by kronenblatt »

Battles:
1a. Conquest: Aetius39 (Romans I, 1576 FP) attacks kronenblatt (Romans II, 1557 FP) in XIV Dalmatia. => Aetius39 defeats kronenblatt 42-9.
1b. Raid: Aetius39 (Goths, 1600 FP) attacks kronenblatt (Romans II, 1557 FP) in XV Moesia Superior. => Aetius39 defeats kronenblatt 47-15.
2a. Conquest: kronenblatt (Romans II, 1557 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1576 FP) in X Pannonia. => kronenblatt defeats Aetius39 44-4.
2b. Raid: kronenblatt (Franks, 1600 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1576 FP) in IV Germania Inferior. => Aetius39 defeats kronenblatt 40-4.

Force point (FP) adjustments for next round
2. kronenblatt: -27 (20 - 47)

kronenblatt

Round XI (280 AD): attack declarations

Post by kronenblatt »

Order of attack declarations:
1. Aetius39: -24 Feb. 26
2. kronenblatt: -27 Feb. 27

Each player shall make two attack declarations upon other players' Roman factions (see Attacks in rules):
I. One conquest attack by his Roman faction.
II. One raid attack by any non-Roman faction.

Once attack declarations have been made, battles are resolved simultaneously during a three-week period.

Please note that:
  • A number of provinces are now looted by certain non-Roman factions (see earlier post and map), with provinces looted from land raids allowing for raids deeper into the Roman empire by these factions.
  • Attack declaration shall be made in posts in this thread.
  • Rules are found in second post of this thread.
  • Date (midnight CET (Rome) time) above indicates deadline, after which opportunity to declare attacks is forfeited and the player next in line may declare attacks.
  • If a player above has announced his attacks, then the player next in line is free and is encouraged to announce attacks too, up to his deadline, i.e., if the players before you have announced attacks, don't wait for your deadline to announce your own attacks but instead do so speedily so battles can start as soon as possible.
The following provinces are now considered looted (as highlighted by lighter colors in the map below)
Arabia XXVI. Cappadocia XXI. Dacia XI. Moesia Inferior XII. Aegyptus XXX. Agri Decumates VI. Thracia XVI. Mesopotamia XXIV. Macedonia XVII. Bithynia et Pontus XVIII. Galatia XX. Pannonia X. Asia XIX. Lycia et Cilicia XXII, Moesia Superior XV.

Aggregate occurrences of Roman factions' C-in-Cs having fallen in battle
Aetius39 2. kronenblatt 2.

Non-Roman factions that cannot make attacks upon certain Roman factions this round (due to losing battle)
Franks upon Aetius39.

Force point (FP) adjustments
2. kronenblatt: -27 (20 - 47)

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Rules have been changed for next campaign to incentivise Roman factions to go on the offensive in Raid battles, through giving them FP advantages (+35 FP) next round and allowing them to use defeated non-Roman raiding faction as allies for as long as they don't lose any battles.

Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Conquest: Aetius39 attacks kronenblatt's XV Moesia Superior from XIV Dalmatia.
Raid: Sassanids attack XXI Cappadocia.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”