An Empire in Flames - Tournament I: Concluded

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Re: An Empire in Flames - Tournament I

Post by Aetius39 »

TomoeGozen wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:39 pm 1a. Conquest: Aetius39 (Romans I, 1606 FP) attacks TomoeGozen (Romans V, 1569 FP) in Italia XIII.

The defence of Italia was progressing just fine , albeit with a little too much local blood spilt, when a rush of blood to the head of the CinC of TomoeGozen's army had him swapping units to lead a unit of Auxilia personally... you can all guess what happened next...

TomoeGozen's CinC falls in battle...:-( again...

The scores when it happened were..
Aetius39 - 43% losses
TomoeGozen - 35% losses

One day I'll learn :-)
Thanks to Aetius for a great game...up until that point :-)
Yes it was a great game, you were playing fantastic and up, I was holding on a bit...too bad it ended like that. A certain man with the initials T. B. sent a dagger our way and asked to join us, but we refused!
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Aetius (Romans I) defeats Kronenblatt (Alamans) 46-19

The Alamans slowly came down to our lines (to try and make us nervous, but our brave soldiers stood firm!) and the Romans sent out some sorties which failed. The Alamans won the light war, but could not break the legions. GG as usual Kronenblatt!^^
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kronenblatt »

This is now, as I understand, the one and only battle remaining:

2a. Conquest: TomoeGozen (Romans V, 1569 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1606 FP) in Africa XXIX.

How is it progressing?
TomoeGozen wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:39 pm 1a. Conquest: Aetius39 (Romans I, 1606 FP) attacks TomoeGozen (Romans V, 1569 FP) in Italia XIII.

The defence of Italia was progressing just fine , albeit with a little too much local blood spilt, when a rush of blood to the head of the CinC of TomoeGozen's army had him swapping units to lead a unit of Auxilia personally... you can all guess what happened next...

Aetius39 - 43% losses
TomoeGozen - 35% losses

Happens to me very often as well: suddenly when I look, my C-in-C is in the middle of the action fighting (ideally against several enemy units), and I don't really have a clue how he got there (well, I do, compulsive charge trigger happy fingers...). And then I look at the enemy C-in-C to at least see that he's in a similar position, but no: he's waiting safely and soundly behind the enemy lines enabling "within command"... :)

Aetius39 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:12 am Yes it was a great game, you were playing fantastic and up, I was holding on a bit...too bad it ended like that. A certain man with the initials T. B. sent a dagger our way and asked to join us, but we refused!
Ha ha! Last I heard from T.B., he was among your ranks nowadays, Aetius! :) Somewhere close. Memento Mori, Aetius Augustus.
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
TomoeGozen
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by TomoeGozen »

Not much longer to go for 2a. Another mutual bloodbath!
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

kronenblatt wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:04 am This is now, as I understand, the one and only battle remaining:

2a. Conquest: TomoeGozen (Romans V, 1569 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1606 FP) in Africa XXIX.

How is it progressing?

Aetius39 - 43% losses
TomoeGozen - 35% losses

Happens to me very often as well: suddenly when I look, my C-in-C is in the middle of the action fighting (ideally against several enemy units), and I don't really have a clue how he got there (well, I do, compulsive charge trigger happy fingers...). And then I look at the enemy C-in-C to at least see that he's in a similar position, but no: he's waiting safely and soundly behind the enemy lines enabling "within command"... :)

Aetius39 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:12 am Yes it was a great game, you were playing fantastic and up, I was holding on a bit...too bad it ended like that. A certain man with the initials T. B. sent a dagger our way and asked to join us, but we refused!
Ha ha! Last I heard from T.B., he was among your ranks nowadays, Aetius! :) Somewhere close. Memento Mori, Aetius Augustus.
Oh no! You're right...he's already amongst my men...! haha
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Aetius39 (Romans I) defeats TomoeGozen (Romans V) 61-52

Another epic, close battle that ended when I autobroke a cavalry with lights.^^ Game could have easily gone to TomoeGozen, well played!
kronenblatt

Round VI (270 AD) - Results

Post by kronenblatt »

Battles
1a. Conquest: Aetius39 (Romans I, 1606 FP) attacks TomoeGozen (Romans V, 1569 FP) in Italia XIII. => Aetius39 defeats Tomoegozen 35 - 43, due to C-in-C falling in battle (2nd time).
1b. Raid: Aetius39 (Goths, 1600 FP) attacks kronenblatt (Romans II, 1556 FP) in Macedonia XVII. => Aetius39 defeats kronenblatt 64 - 52.
2a. Conquest: TomoeGozen (Romans V, 1569 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1606 FP) in Africa XXIX. => Aetius39 defeats Tomoegozen 61 - 52.
2b. Raid: TomoeGozen (Sassanids, 1600 FP) attacks Doyley50 (Romans IV, 1560 FP) in Bithynia et Pontus XVIII. => TomoeGozen defeats Doyley50 47 - 4.
3a. Conquest: Doyley50 (Romans IV, 1560 FP) attacks TomoeGozen (Romans V, 1569 FP) in Syria XXIII. => Tomoegozen defeats Doyley50 68 - 38.
3b. Raid: Doyley50 (Sassanids, 1600 FP) attacks TomoeGozen (Romans V, 1569 FP) in Phoenicia XXV. => TomoeGozen defeats Doyley50 35 - 23, due to C-in-C falling in battle.
4a. Conquest: kronenblatt (Romans II, 1556 FP) attacks Doyley50 (Romans IV, 1560 FP) in Asia XIX. => kronenblatt defeats Doyley50 43 - 14, also due to C-in-C falling in battle (1st time).
4b. Raid: kronenblatt (Alamans, 1600 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1606 FP) in Germania Superior V.=> Aetius39 defeats kronenblatt 46 - 19.

Additional provinces changing control
  • Aetius39 gains control over two additional provinces from TomoeGozen, Noricum IX and Arabia XXVI, due to Tomoegozen's C-in-C falling in battle a second time in total.
  • kronenblatt gains control over one additional province from Doyley50, Moesia Inferior XII, due to Doyley50's C-in-C falling in battle a first time in total.
Force point (FP) adjustments for next round
1. Aetius39: -32 (20 - 52)
2. TomoeGozen: -41 (20 - 61)
3. kronenblatt: -44 (20 - 64)
4. Doyley50: -48 (20 - 68)

kronenblatt

Round VII (272 AD): attack declarations

Post by kronenblatt »

Order of attack declarations:
1. Aetius39: -32: Oct. 18
2. TomoeGozen: -41: Oct. 19
3. kronenblatt: -44: Oct. 20
4. Doyley50: -48: Oct. 21

Each player shall make two attack declarations upon other players' Roman factions (see Attacks in rules):
I. One conquest attack by his Roman faction.
II. One raid attack by any non-Roman faction.

Once attack declarations have been made, battles are resolved simultaneously during a three-week period.

Please note that:
  • A number of provinces are now looted by certain non-Roman factions (see earlier post and map), with provinces looted from land raids allowing for raids deeper into the Roman empire by these factions.
  • Attack declaration shall be made in posts in this thread.
  • Rules are found in second post of this thread.
  • Date (midnight CET (Rome) time) above indicates deadline, after which opportunity to declare attacks is forfeited and the player next in line may declare attacks.
  • If a player above has announced his attacks, then the player next in line is free and is encouraged to announce attacks too, up to his deadline, i.e., if the players before you have announced attacks, don't wait for your deadline to announce your own attacks but instead do so speedily so battles can start as soon as possible.
The following provinces are now considered looted (as highlighted by lighter colors in the map below)
Arabia XXVI. Cappadocia XXI. Dacia XI. Moesia Inferior XII. Aegyptus XXX. Agri Decumates VI. Thracia XVI. Mesopotamia XXIV. Macedonia XVII. Bithynia et Pontus XVIII.

Aggregate occurrences of Roman factions' C-in-Cs having fallen in battle
TomoeGozen 2. Aetius39 2. kronenblatt 2. Doyley50 1.

Non-Roman factions that cannot make attacks upon certain Roman factions this round (due to losing battle)
Alamans upon Aetius39. Sassanids upon TomoeGozen.

Force point (FP) adjustments
1. Aetius39: -32 (20 - 52)
2. TomoeGozen: -41 (20 - 61)
3. kronenblatt: -44 (20 - 64)
4. Doyley50: -48 (20 - 68)

Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Conquest: Aetius39 attacks kronenblatt's XIV Dalmatia from IX Noricum.

Raid: Goths attack XX Galatia.
TomoeGozen

Post by TomoeGozen »

Conquest: TomoeGozen attacks Aetius39's XXVI Arabia from XXV Phoenicia.

Raid: Iazyges attack IX Noricum.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Conquest: kronenblatt attacks TomoeGozen's XXII Lycia et Cilicia from XIX Asia.

Raid: Sassanids attack XXIX Africa.

Doyley50
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Doyley50 »

Conquest: Doyley50 attacks kronenblatt's XVI (Thracia) from XVIII (Bithnia et Pontus)

Raid: Goths attack XIX (Asia)
Last edited by Doyley50 on Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Doyley50 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:36 pm Conquest: Doyley50 attacks kronenblatt's XIX (Asia) from XX (Galicia)

Darn Alan, you're really into Asia...! :D

The raid attack is ok, but unfortunately not the conquest attack, since XIX Asia is already at stake due to my attack from there upon TomoeGozen's XXII Lycia et Cilicia.

Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

kronenblatt wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:48 pm
Doyley50 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:36 pm Conquest: Doyley50 attacks kronenblatt's XIX (Asia) from XX (Galicia)

The raid attack is ok, but unfortunately not the conquest attack, since XIX Asia is already at stake due to my attack from there upon TomoeGozen's XXII Lycia et Cilicia.
Then wouldn't Tomoe's raid into Noricum also not be possible since I'm attacking your from there? (Don't worry Tomoe, plenty of other places to attack me^^).
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Aetius39 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:49 pm
kronenblatt wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:48 pm

Then wouldn't Tomoe's raid into Noricum also not be possible since I'm attacking your from there? (Don't worry Tomoe, plenty of other places to attack me^^).
Raids are no problem, since they can be made upon provinces-at-stake. However, conquests can't.

kronenblatt

Round VII (272 AD): battle resolutions

Post by kronenblatt »

Attack declarations, round VII (272 AD)
1. Aetius39 => Conquest: Aetius39 attacks kronenblatt's XIV Dalmatia from IX Noricum. Raid: Goths attack XX Galatia.
2. TomoeGozen => Conquest: TomoeGozen attacks Aetius39's XXVI Arabia from XXV Phoenicia. Raid: Iazyges attack IX Noricum.
3. kronenblatt => Conquest: kronenblatt attacks TomoeGozen's XXII Lycia et Cilicia from XIX Asia. Raid: Sassanids attack XXIX Africa.
4. Doyley50 => Conquest: Conquest: Doyley50 attacks kronenblatt's XVI Thracia from XVIII Bithynia et Pontus. Raid: Goths attack XIX Asia.

Battles, round VII (272 AD)
1a. Conquest: Aetius39 (Romans I, 1568 FP) attacks kronenblatt (Romans II, 1556 FP) in XIV Dalmatia.
1b. Raid: Aetius39 (Goths, 1600 FP) attacks Doyley50 (Romans IV, 1552 FP) in XX Galatia.
2a. Conquest: TomoeGozen (Romans V, 1559 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1568 FP) in XXVI Arabia.
2b. Raid: TomoeGozen (Iazyges, 1600 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1568 FP) in IX Noricum.
3a. Conquest: kronenblatt (Romans II, 1556 FP) attacks TomoeGozen (Romans V, 1559 FP) in XXII Lycia et Cilicia.
3b. Raid: kronenblatt (Sassanids, 1600 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1568 FP) in XXIX Africa.
4a. Conquest: Doyley50 (Romans IV, 1552 FP) attacks kronenblatt (Romans II, 1556 FP) in XVI Thracia.
4b. Raid: Doyley50 (Goths, 1600 FP) attacks kronenblatt (Romans II, 1556 FP) in XIX Asia.

Please note the following
  • Battles are resolved simultaneously during a four-week period of Oct. 19 - Nov. 16.
  • The defender in Conquests and the attacker in Raids creates the challenge, also deciding the map terrain for the province in question.
  • All battles are 24 turns, 40 x 32 and use Remove the Head (i.e., the battle will end also when one side’s C-in-C falls in battle with that side becoming the loser).
  • Only Aetius39, the current controller of Italia XIII, is allowed to select Praetorian Guard units in his battles.
  • No map re-rolls are allowed.
  • Make sure you have An Empire in Flames v2 module downloaded and installed.
  • When setting up the challenge in-game, in Multiplayer Lobby under My Challenges, through pressing New Challenge and then Create Skirmish, choose Select Another Module, mark An Empire in Flames v2 and click LAUNCH. The factions can now be chosen for the battle when creating the challenge.
  • The defender reports the battle result once concluded: who's victor and loser (if any), always specifying the incurred casualties and whether any faction's C-in-C fell in battle.
Enjoy! Any questions? Please post them here.

TomoeGozen

Post by TomoeGozen »

2b. Raid: TomoeGozen (Iazyges, 1600 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1568 FP) in IX Noricum.
3a. Conquest: kronenblatt (Romans II, 1556 FP) attacks TomoeGozen (Romans V, 1559 FP) in XXII Lycia et Cilicia.

Both created and PMs sent.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

These games now set up:

1a. Conquest: Aetius39 (Romans I, 1568 FP) attacks kronenblatt (Romans II, 1556 FP) in XIV Dalmatia. => Mediterranean Mountains.
3b. Raid: kronenblatt (Sassanids, 1600 FP) attacks Aetius39 (Romans I, 1568 FP) in XXIX Africa. => Desert.
4a. Conquest: Doyley50 (Romans IV, 1552 FP) attacks kronenblatt (Romans II, 1556 FP) in XVI Thracia. => Mediterranean Wooded.

PMs sent.

Doyley50

Post by Doyley50 »

4b Raid:
Doyley50 (Goths 1600 FP) attacks kronenblatt (RomansII 1556 FP) in XIX Asia
Pwd 1234
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

These are both set up:

1b. Raid: Aetius39 (Goths, 1600 FP) attacks Doyley50 (Romans IV, 1552 FP) in XX Galatia.

pw is rome (or Rome) I can't remember :)

pms sent!

Aetius

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”