Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Re: Ruin and Conquest of Britain - Tournament I: Ongoing

Post by Aetius39 »

carpenkm wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:03 pm
kronenblatt wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:11 pm
carpenkm wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:18 am Engagement 1.1: Welsh army 12 (carpenkm) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 6 (kronenblatt) 1200 FP. North European Wooded.

I am happy to announce that the Welsh saw off the barbarian Picts 61 - 19.

After some skirmishing the warbands met. Some heroics from a Welsh light cav unit disrupted the Pictish advance and allowed time for the Welsh to break the left centre. A cascade rout at the end (rather unfair) led to a score line which doesnt reflect the match at all. Well played Kronenblatt this really could have gone the other way.
Yes, that last turn was truly brutal, a clean sweep... I believe I went from 31 to 61 in one go...! :twisted: Congrats to the victory of an (otherwise) fun game. :)
Yes those warband armies seem to do that. You dont really see the romans doing it. Is there something in the rules. Warbands seem to break very quickly from disrupted where Romans seem to last for ever - it cant just be a matter of troop quality? Good match as ever though.
Ask Ridley Scott and you'll get the answer! Just post in forum. I'm guessing it's written in code as a percentage. It might just be the quality percentage, or might be something extra, as historically warbands were definitely shakier than the sturdy legions most of the time.
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
carpenkm
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by carpenkm »

Engagement 2.1: Welsh army 10 (carpenkm) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 7 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. Giacofa93 sets up.

Welsh Army 10 beats Picts Army 7 56 - 31

Another tough battle with Giacofa. The Picts were unlucky that the Welsh managed to neutralise their chariots and some Welsh Cavalry snuck round the back. Some unusual resilience from the Welsh Mediums who held long enough to allow some flanks. Warbands again showed their preference for running away! Well played Giacofa.
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Round 8: Post-Battle Administration

Post by kronenblatt »

Now, questions to the following players:
  • Army 5 Giacofa93: Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
  • Army 6 kronenblatt: in which hex do you want to reappear? Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
  • Army 7 Giacofa93: in which hex do you want to reappear? Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
  • Army 10 carpenkm: Do you want to move into the hex of the losing army #7? Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
  • Army 12 carpenkm: Do you want to move into the hex of the losing army #6?
Keep in mind that (if you previously have decided to not to remove any units) the level of your deficit the previous round disallows choosing certain units, whose FP costs fell below the deficit at that time.

Please answer by midnight (Stockholm time) Monday, November 22, at the latest. Otherwise, I deem your answers to be 'no' and 'as close as possible to current location'.

kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Army 6 kronenblatt
  • In which hex do you want to reappear? Bremetennacum.
  • Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)? Yes, 1 light javelin horse.

kronenblatt

Round 9: Order Giving

Post by kronenblatt »

Time has come for round 9's order giving and movement instructions and the 12 MP each of you have.

Please send to me through replying to my PM by Tuesday November 30 (9 PM, Swedish time) at the latest, and just as a simple sequence of individual moves (e.g., 2 4 2 6 0 6), with no other symbols in between, only blanks (for easy copy-pasting by the administrator). I will not open the PMs from any of the factions other than my own until I've published the movement instructions of the Pictish armies.

For details, please check Giving orders and Movement in the RULES.

Any questions? Please ask them in this thread, for everyone else to see question and answer.

Still don't worry: we'll all hold each other's hands to get to know and understand the rules, etc., together. This is for fun, after all! :)

kronenblatt

Round 9: Movement instructions

Post by kronenblatt »

Comments:
  • Pictish army #5 has to stop once entering the 2-hex ZoC of the City of Lindum.
  • Aelia Castra is actually Town Ruins, which I assume that Welsh army #9 doesn't want to be close so stopping it nearby the Village of North Leigh instead. :)

kronenblatt

Round 9: Battle resolution

Post by kronenblatt »

The following three "engagements" (as FoG2 games are called in this campaign) will be fought:

Battle 1
  • Engagement 1.1: Welsh army 10 (carpenkm) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 7 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. Giacofa93 sets up.
Battle 2
  • Engagement 2.1: Brito-Roman Army 3 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 8 (kronenblatt) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. TomoeGozen sets up.
Battle 3
  • Engagement 3.1: Brito-Roman Army 1 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Welsh army 11 (Aetius39) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. Aetius39 sets up.

Please set up as follows in Field of Glory II: Ancients in accordance with rules' Engagements and battles:
  • Conquestu Britanniae v2 module (downloaded for MP in-game).
  • Open Battle scenario.
  • 24 turns.
  • 32 x 32 map size.
  • 2000 FP force size for both armies, but only 1200 FP (adjusted for any effects from e.g. structures, such as controlled Forts nearby) are spent on units from the army's pool of remaining units, see below.
  • Map type on the terrain as specified in the rules' Map terrain of engagements.
  • Always Mercenary Warbands as allies (even if no mercenary units selected) with the actual number of mercenary units that can be used depending on the following:
    • A faction can in total select four plus twice as many units of mercenaries as the number of Mines that it controls at the beginning of the round, to be distributed among its armies during that round.
    • However, a maximum of six mercenary units can be used by an army in any individual engagement.
    • Examples:
      • If seven Mines are controlled by the faction, it can select up to eighteen (4 + 2x7 = 18) mercenary units as a whole for its armies during a round, but for no individual army more than six mercenary units.
      • If no Mines are controlled by the faction, it can still select up to four mercenary units as a whole for its armies during a round, distributed among its armies.
  • 1200 FP worth of units (adjusted for any ally units selected from Mercenary Warbands) are thus picked from the following list so that 800 FP remain of the 2000 FP set up when the engagement begins:
    • Again, the 1200 FP may be adjusted (and correspondingly the 800 FP) due to e.g. structures, such as controlled Forts nearby.

Resolving and reporting the battles:
  • Please create the challenge (with yourself always as Side B) by December 4 at the latest, and thereafter send a PM to your opponent and make a post in the tournament thread.
  • Please conclude games by January 1 at the latest.
  • The winner, or the player having incurred the fewest casualties, reports the results in the tournament thread.

TomoeGozen

Post by TomoeGozen »

Battle 2
Engagement 2.1: Brito-Roman Army 3 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 8 (kronenblatt) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. TomoeGozen sets up.

Game created and PM sent.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

TomoeGozen wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:56 pm Battle 2
Engagement 2.1: Brito-Roman Army 3 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 8 (kronenblatt) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. TomoeGozen sets up.

Game created and PM sent.
Thanks. Picked it up, or rather Pict it up. And deployed.

Giacofa93
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Giacofa93 »

Engagement 1.1: Welsh army 10 (carpenkm) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 7 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. Giacofa93 sets up.

Challenge set up, pwd: carpe
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Engagement 3 set up:

Aetius (Welsh) vs. TomoeGozen (Romano-British)

pw is britain
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Engagement 2.1:
=> Pictish army 8 (kronenblatt) defeats Brito-Roman Army 3 (TomoeGozen) 57-21.

Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Engagement 3:

Aetius39 (Welsh) defeats TomoeGozen (Britans) 43-15

Well, it's warbands...so of course sudden drops and breaks here and there.^^ On a constricted map the cavalry wasn't much use for anything wide, and the lines hit, with the Welsh breaking a large whole in the middle. The last British unit broke before several Welsh ones were going to. GG!
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Giacofa93 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:41 pm Engagement 1.1: Welsh army 10 (carpenkm) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 7 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. Giacofa93 sets up.

Challenge set up, pwd: carpe
So with battles 2 and 3 concluded, how is battle 1 progressing? What's the status: turn, current score, etc.?

carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

Our battle is well developed and we are knocking chunks out of each other. It's about level at the moment - probably about 4 or 5 turns to complete. It's not going to be a draw!!!
Giacofa93

Post by Giacofa93 »

Welsh army 10 (carpenkm) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 7 (Giacofa93)

Giacofa beats carpenkm 62-52

Finally, with a sizeable hand from goddess Fortune, I managed to snatch a victory to carpenkm. What a great game and a big thanks to a fair and brilliant opponent
kronenblatt

Round 9: Resolved battles

Post by kronenblatt »

Battle 1
  • Engagement 1.1: Welsh army 10 (carpenkm) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 7 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP.
    => kronenblatt) defeats TomoeGozen 57-21.

Battle 2
  • Engagement 2.1: Brito-Roman Army 3 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 8 (kronenblatt) 1200 FP.
    => Aetius39 defeats TomoeGozen 43-15.

Battle 3
  • Engagement 3.1: Brito-Roman Army 1 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Welsh army 11 (Aetius39) 1200 FP.
    => Giacofa93 beats carpenkm 62-52.

kronenblatt

Round 9: Post-Battle Administration

Post by kronenblatt »

Now, questions to the following players:
  • Army 1 TomoeGozen: in which hex do you want to reappear? Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
  • Army 3 TomoeGozen: in which hex do you want to reappear? Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
  • Army 7 Giacofa93: Do you want to move into the hex of the losing army? Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
  • Army 8 kronenblatt: Do you want to move into the hex of the losing army?
  • Army 10 carpenkm: in which hex do you want to reappear? Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
  • Army 11 Aetius39: Do you want to move into the hex of the losing army?
Keep in mind that (if you previously have decided to not to remove any units) the level of your deficit the previous round disallows choosing certain units, whose FP costs fell below the deficit at that time.

Please answer by midnight (Stockholm time) Tuesday, December 28, at the latest. Otherwise, I deem your answers to be 'no' and 'as close as possible to current location'.

kronenblatt

Introduction of Capitals

Post by kronenblatt »

Starting as of next round, we'll introduce the concept of Capitals discussed a while ago:

Capital
  • A Capital needs to be a controlled Kingdom or Civitas Capital or City.
  • A faction can at the beginning of each round freely moved its Capital to another controlled Kingdom or Civitas Capital or City connected to the faction's Supply Line System.
    • However, during that round the faction lacks a capital and the benefits it provides.
Supply Line System
  • A faction's Supply Line System originates from its Capital, along roads and through structures not controlled by any other faction, provided that:
    • such road hexes and structures are not within the ZoC of any other faction's structure or army, and
    • the Supply Line System can never extend farther than to the next structure (whether controlled or not) beyond maximum 4 structures away from the capital.
    • For example, if the Pictish Capital is Eboracum, one branch of its Supply Line System will extend via Delgovicia (1), Petuaria (2), Lindum (3), and onto the Briton-Roman structures of Causennae and Crococolana, and another branch via Calcaria (1), Verbeia (2), Clenacum (even though not controlled by any faction) (3), Bremetennacum (4) and onto Coccium (being the next structure beyond the 4 structures linked to the capital).
  • Only controlled structures that are connected to a faction's Supply Line System will provide the benefits outlined in the rules, under Structures (such as additional FP for engagements, reinforcing lost FP).
  • An army not having its faction's Supply Line System within its ZoC is considered unsupplied and will deplete twice the FP from casualties incurred in engagements and battles.
    • For example, if an unsupplied army wins an engagement 50-20 against a supplied army, 40 (2x20) FP will be depleted from its army pool and 50 FP from the pool of the losing supplied army.
    => Hopefully this will be enjoyable and not too complicated. So I ask all factions to let me know their Capitals.

kronenblatt

Round 10: Order Giving

Post by kronenblatt »

Time has come for round 10's order giving and movement instructions and the 12 MP each of you have.

Please send to me through replying to my PM by Saturday January 1 (9 AM, Swedish time) at the latest, and just as a simple sequence of individual moves (e.g., 2 4 2 6 0 6), with no other symbols in between, only blanks (for easy copy-pasting by the administrator). I will not open the PMs from any of the factions other than my own until I've published the movement instructions of the Pictish armies.

For details, please check Giving orders and Movement in the RULES.

Any questions? Please ask them in this thread, for everyone else to see question and answer.

Still don't worry: we'll all hold each other's hands to get to know and understand the rules, etc., together. This is for fun, after all! :)

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”