Vae Victis - Tournament I: Retired

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

olin0111
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Vae Victis: Tournament I

Post by olin0111 »

Olin0111's Romans defeat Malabar26's Etruscans 61-46
A bloody battle fought on a largely open plain. Romans were caught in a pincer move but managed to punch through the centre first and roll the flanks from there.
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Round 2: Conclusion of battles

Post by kronenblatt »

Battle 1 (Etruscans versus Romans)
Engagement 1.1: Aetius39 (army #1) versus kronenblatt (army #8). => Aetius39 (15% incurred) beat kronenblatt (45%).
Engagement 1.2: Aetius39 (army #1) versus olin0111 (army #7). => olin0111 (54%) beat Aetius39 (61%).
Engagement 1.2: Malabar26 (army #2) versus olin0111 (army #7). => olin0111 (46%) beat Malabar26 (61%).
=> Battle is a draw.
=> Each of the four armies moving 2 hexes away from the armies it fought, in the direction of one of its faction's capitals (whether controlled or not), always without moving within the ZoC of any army from another faction.

Battle/engagement 2 (Greeks versus Samnites)
Engagement 2.1: deeter (army #6) versus Kerait (army #10). => Deeter (58%) beat Kerait (62%).
=> Battle is a Greek victory.
=> Greeks gain control over Capua.
=> Greek army remains in its hex.
=> Samnite army is removed from its hex and placed (at its player's choice) in a controlled structure along its faction's logistics lines at least 2 hexes away, or in any of its capitals (if controlled). If none of that is possible, the army is irrevocably eliminated.

Battle/engagement 3 (Greeks versus Samnites)
Engagement 2.1: TomoeGozen (army #5) versus TheGrayMouser (army #9). => TomoeGozen (48%) beat TheGrayMouser (62%).
=> Battle is a Greek victory.
=> Greek army remains in its hex.
=> Samnite army is removed from its hex and placed (at its player's choice) in a controlled structure along its faction's logistics lines at least 2 hexes away, or in any of its capitals (if controlled). If none of that is possible, the army is irrevocably eliminated.

kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
kronenblatt

Round 2: Post-battle admin

Post by kronenblatt »

Aetius39, Malabar26, olin0111, kronenblatt: please advise through replying to my PM on the direction of the 2-hex movement (like a normal movement, using 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12).
Kerait, TheGrayMouser: please advise through replying to my PM on where to place your armies. (Give me two alternatives, in case you select the same town or city as your highest priority.)

Please answer ASAP or at the latest tomorrow Monday May 3rd (your local times) please. If I've not heard from you, I'll make the decision for you.

EDIT: Aetius moves 10-12, back to Volsinii. olin0111 6-6, to land northwest of Roma. kronenblatt 4-4, landing north of Roma. Malabar26 10-10, southeast of Volsinii.

The map below (and in the first post of this thread) shows the situation after removal of losing armies and control change of structures but before drawing armies' retreats:

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Please also note that the following formal rule (under Movement) has been added to prevent uncertainties concerning bumping of armies in hexes (and to prevent the bumping itself), becoming effective in round 3:

No army can at any point in time be located in the same hex as another army, whether from the same or from another faction. However, an army can pass through a hex in which another army from the same faction is located, at that hex's normal MP cost for doing so and as long as the two armies don't end the round in the same hex.

Only one army can move into a specific hex at any given point in time. If two or more armies from different factions are about to simultaneously do so, the army to actually be moving into that hex will (in the priority order below) be the army:
1. having the lowest cost in MP to move into the hex (for this purpose only, without taking into account the floor of 1 MP).
2. having so far spent the fewest MP that round (i.e., before taking into account moving into the hex).
3. having the highest army strength.
4. closest (in hexes) to a controlled structure (after the move into the hex having been made).
5. of the faction with the highest score.
6. farthest to the north.
7. farthest to the west.

It will be applied to Vae Victis II: First Punic War as well, in round 3.

kronenblatt

Re: Round 2: Post-battle admin

Post by kronenblatt »

Aetius39: 10-12, Volsinii.
Malabar26: 10-10, southeast of Volsinii.
olin0111: 6-6, northwest of Roma.
kronenblatt: 4-4, north of Roma.

Kerait: Telesia.
TheGrayMouser: Beneventum.
kronenblatt wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:57 am Aetius39, Malabar26, olin0111, kronenblatt: please advise through replying to my PM on the direction of the 2-hex movement (like a normal movement, using 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12).
Kerait, TheGrayMouser: please advise through replying to my PM on where to place your armies.

kronenblatt

Round 3: Order Giving

Post by kronenblatt »

Time has come for round 3's order giving and movement instructions for the 12 MP each of you have.

Please send to me through replying to my PM by Thursday May 6 (midnight, your time) at the latest, and just as a simple sequence of individual moves (e.g., 2 4 2 6 0 6), with no other symbols in between, only blanks (for easy copy-pasting by the administrator).

I won't open any of your PMs (other than my team members') until I have received from everyone and until I have published those of myself and all my team members in a PM to all participants or in the campaign thread. (Your PM's will thus stay in your Outbox until I open them, and to my knowledge that should be safe from me secretly reading it.)

For details, please check Giving orders and Movement in the RULES.

Any questions? Please ask them here, in the tournament thread, for everyone else to see question and answer.

And I'd like to keep reassuring you to not worry in this campaign either: we'll all hold each other's hands to get to know and understand the rules, etc., together. As I've said before: this is for fun, after all! :)

Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Shouldn't Volturnum be awarded to the Greeks as it lies within their army's zoc?
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Karvon wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:32 am Shouldn't Volturnum be awarded to the Greeks as it lies within their army's zoc?
Ah, good: correct, thanks, Karvon! (EDIT: Maps above amended to reflect this.)

kronenblatt

Re: Round 3: Order Giving

Post by kronenblatt »

I'm still waiting for a couple of players' movement instructions: TheGrayMouser, Kerait, and (possibly) Malabar26 (depending on whether his instructions are in Aetius39's PM.)
kronenblatt wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:02 am Time has come for round 3's order giving and movement instructions for the 12 MP each of you have...

kronenblatt

Round 3: Movement instructions

Post by kronenblatt »

deeter and Kerait decided to not move. Haven't heard from TheGrayMouser so he's not moving either.

kronenblatt

Vae Victis: Tournament I - Armies retreating?

Post by kronenblatt »

Etruscan armies #1 and #2 and Roman armies #7 and #8: please advise whether you retreat or not, by replying here or to my PM by tomorrow May 11 at the latest. If I don't hear from you, I'll assume that you are retreating and will determine your retreat path.

(Roman army #8 isn't retreating.)

kronenblatt

Round 3: Engagements

Post by kronenblatt »

Unsurprisingly none of the armies retreat, why it will all need to be fought out on the battlefield, in three engagements, all in one and the same battle.

Battle 1 (Etruscans versus Romans)
  • Engagement 1.1: Aetius39 (army #1, 1524 FP) versus kronenblatt (army #8, 1555 FP), Mediterranean Agricultural. Aetius39 sets up.
  • Engagement 1.2: Aetius39 (army #1, 1524 FP) versus olin0111 (army #7, 1530 FP (1500 + 30 due to being in the Town of Sutrium)), Mediterranean Agricultural. olin01 sets up.
  • Engagement 1.3: Malabar26 (army #2, 1499 FP (1539 + (-40) due to being in a River hex)) versus kronenblatt (army #8, 1555 FP), Mediterranean Agricultural. kronenblatt sets up.
Please advise the player setting up the game which allies (if any) are to be used.

Battles to be concluded during a three-week period.

Any questions that you have on FP calculations, etc., just ask them here.

Enjoy!

olin0111

Post by olin0111 »

1.2 created
PW: Mars
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

As of next round, the following addition to the rule will be implemented (under Outcomes and effects of engagements and battles), for the purpose of enabling a winning army to gain some ground:

An army having:
  • won a battle either (at its player's choice) remains in its hex or moves into the adjacent hex previously occupied by a removed losing enemy army. If more than one army wishes to move into the same hex, the army with the lowest incurred casualties will make the move and if a tie the army with the highest inflicted casualties will make the move. If still a tie, no army will move into that hex.

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Engagement 1.1: kronenblatt (army #8) beat Aetius39 (army #1) 62-51.

Malabar26
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Round 3: Engagements

Post by Malabar26 »

Engagement 1.3: Malabar26 (army #2) beat kronenblatt (army #8) 64-50
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

How's this one progressing?
  • Engagement 1.2: Aetius39 (army #1, 1524 FP) versus olin0111 (army #7, 1530 FP (1500 + 30 due to being in the Town of Sutrium)), Mediterranean Agricultural.

olin0111

Post by olin0111 »

kronenblatt wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:31 pm How's this one progressing?
  • Engagement 1.2: Aetius39 (army #1, 1524 FP) versus olin0111 (army #7, 1530 FP (1500 + 30 due to being in the Town of Sutrium)), Mediterranean Agricultural.
Slowly but steadily. But we still have a long way to go, I'm a fraid.
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

kronenblatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:38 pm Battles to be concluded during a three-week period.

Enjoy!
It's now been 7 weeks since the battles were announced.

While I personally feel 3 weeks may be optimistic, we've had more than twice that allowed for this round.

Karvon
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Karvon wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:35 am
kronenblatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:38 pm Battles to be concluded during a three-week period.

Enjoy!
It's now been 7 weeks since the battles were announced.

While I personally feel 3 weeks may be optimistic, we've had more than twice that allowed for this round.

Karvon
True.
olin0111 wrote:
Aetius39 wrote:
olin0111 and Aetius39: How's this progressing? Which turn are you at? And how much time likely remaining?

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”