General - Elite King Tiger

Round 3: Order giving - Roman Initiative points

Post by kronenblatt »

Romans have allocated the Initiative Points of their 8 armies as follows:
Mare Tyrrhenum: 6
Mare Ionium: 1
Army #13: 1
kronenblatt wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:58 am Discuss within your factions and among your team members how to allocate your 8 Initiative points (1 for each army), and then submit, each one of you, the allocation of Initiative points for your armies through replying to my PM by Monday, May 3, at the latest.
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
kronenblatt

Round 3: Order giving - Carthaginian Initiative points

Post by kronenblatt »

Carthaginians have allocated the Initiative Points of their 8 armies as follows:
Mare Tyrrhenum: 4
Mare Africum: 2
Mare Ionium: 2
kronenblatt wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:56 am Romans have allocated the Initiative Points of their 8 armies as follows:
kronenblatt wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:58 am Discuss within your factions and among your team members how to allocate your 8 Initiative points (1 for each army), and then submit, each one of you, the allocation of Initiative points for your armies through replying to my PM by Monday, May 3, at the latest.

kronenblatt

Round 3: movement instructions

Post by kronenblatt »

Time has come for round 3's movement instructions, for land as well as naval movement (excluding navies' debarkation of armies into land hexes, but please save enough naval movement points for that in case you want to debark this round).

Please send me your instructions through replying to the PM you received from me, and just as a simple sequence of individual moves (e.g., 2 4 2 6 0 6), with no other symbols in between, only blanks (for easy copy-pasting by the administrator). For details, please check Giving orders, Movement, and Naval movement in the RULES.

Please all do so by Thursday, May 6, midnight (your time) at the latest.

As mentioned earlier, I will not open any of your PMs (other than my Roman team members') until I have received such PMs from everyone and until I have published those of myself and all my team members in a PM to all participants or in this thread.

Any questions? Please ask them here, in the campaign thread, for everyone else to see the question itself and its answer.

Still don't worry: we'll all hold each other's hands to get to know and understand the rules, etc., together. This is for fun, after all! :)

Enjoy!

Allocation of Initiative Points into sea zones were as follows, with the subsequent results in NMP:

kronenblatt

Re: Round 3: Order giving - Carthaginian Initiative points

Post by kronenblatt »

kronenblatt wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:39 am Carthaginians have allocated the Initiative Points of their 8 armies as follows:
Mare Tyrrhenum: 4
Mare Africum: 2
Mare Ionium: 2
kronenblatt wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:56 am Romans have allocated the Initiative Points of their 8 armies as follows:
I've just noted one thing about Carthaginians placing 2 Initiative Points in Mare Ionium, since the rules (under Navies/Naval superiority) state:

A faction can in total not assign more Influence points to a sea zone than its number of controlled Towns and Cities adjacent to a Coast hex in that sea zone.

So I've PM'd the Carthaginian players and asked them which army that they'd like to place it with instead.

kronenblatt

Round 3: Roman movement instructions

Post by kronenblatt »

These are the Roman movement instructions (no answer from TGM, so we leave his army idle in Tauromenium):

kronenblatt

Round 3: Movement instructions and execution

Post by kronenblatt »

Some comments:
  • Carthaginian army #2 doesn't have enough MP to complete its last move (12).
  • Roman navy #10 got stuck by the City of Syracusae ZoC and can't move any further.
Please let me know whether this seems ok, given your movement instructions and intentions as well as your understanding of the rules (not any worse than mine, on the contrary :) ).

kronenblatt

Round 3: retreats?

Post by kronenblatt »

Carthaginian armies #3, #6, and #8 and Roman armies #11, #12, #14 and #16: please advise whether you retreat or not, by replying here or to my PM by tomorrow May 11 at the latest. If I don't hear from you, I'll assume that you are retreating and will determine your retreat path.

(Roman armies #14 and #16 aren't retreating.)

dim30
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Round 3: retreats?

Post by dim30 »

kronenblatt wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:15 am Carthaginian armies #3, #6, and #8 and Roman armies #11, #12, #14 and #16: please advise whether you retreat or not, by replying here or to my PM by tomorrow May 11 at the latest. If I don't hear from you, I'll assume that you are retreating and will determine your retreat path.

(Roman armies #14 and #16 aren't retreating.)
11 and 12 stand and offer battle!
TomoeGozen
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Vae Victis II: First Punic War

Post by TomoeGozen »

Carthaginian army 6 stands and fights :-)
deeter
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by deeter »

Couple of questions: How is my army 2 not adjacent to Tauromenium? That was my order and my expressed intention. And what is happening at Alalia? Is a Roman army besieging it and can it be in the same hex?

Deeter
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

deeter wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:40 pm 1. How is my army 2 not adjacent to Tauromenium? That was my order and my expressed intention.
2. And what is happening at Alalia? Is a Roman army besieging it and can it be in the same hex?
1. Yes, but your 12 MP weren't sufficient (see my comment in the post above). Please keep in mind that the two Mountains hexes cost 6 MP each (after having been halved for Roads), and before that you had two hexes at 1 MP each to move through to get there.
2. No, the Roman army can't be besieging it as long as a Carthaginian army has Alalia within its ZoC. But it can move within a structure's ZoC one hex per round.

Did this answer your questions?

deeter

Post by deeter »

Indeed you did. Thank you. Apparently I'm having a hard time keep the rules straight. So the Roman army is just milling around the streets of Alalia! My army there is staying put.

Deeter
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

deeter wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:11 pm Indeed you did. Thank you. Apparently I'm having a hard time keep the rules straight. So the Roman army is just milling around the streets of Alalia! My army there is staying put.

Deeter
No, the Roman army is outside the walls of Alalia.

deeter

Post by deeter »

Ah! Milling around outside the walls. : )

Deeter
kronenblatt

Round 3: engagements!

Post by kronenblatt »

None of the armies retreat, why we have four engagements (in three battles) to be concluded this round!

Battle 1:
  • Engagement 1.1. Challenge1 (Carthaginian army #8, 1600 FP) versus kronenblatt (Roman army #16, 1600 FP). Mediterranean Hilly. kronenblatt sets up. => kronenblatt draws with Challenge1 7-0.
Battle 2:
  • Engagement 2.1. deeter (Carthaginian army #3, 1600 FP) versus dim30 (Roman army #12, 1560 FP (1600 + (-40), due to location in river hex)). Mediterranean Hilly. deeter sets up. => dim30 beat deeter 49-23.
  • Engagement 2.2. deeter (Carthaginian army #3, 1600 FP) versus dim30 (Roman army #11, 1600 FP). Mediterranean Agricultural. deeter sets up. => dim30 beat deeter 51-22.
Battle 3:
  • Battle/engagement 3.1. TomoeGozen (Carthaginian army #6, 1585 FP (1545 + 40, due to Initiative Point allocation) versus kronenblatt (Roman army #14, 1630 FP (1600 + 30, due to 1 hex from City of Messana). Mediterranean Hilly. TomoeGozen sets up. => kronenblatt beat TomoeGozen 64-41.

Regarding allies:
  • TomoeGozen and deeter can for the respective engagements decide whether to use Numidian or Moorish 341-56 BC as allies, whereas Challenge1 can not.

The engagements to be set up as follows:
  • TT Mod module.
  • Open Battle scenario.
  • Large (40 x 32) map size.
  • Allies can be selected if allowed in accordance with Allies in engagements below.
  • No map re-rolls.
  • The player having spent the fewest MP that round normally sets up the engagement in-game, PM:ing opponent.
  • Engagement is to be concluded within a three-week period.
  • The winner, or the player having incurred the fewest casualties, report the results in this thread.
Allies in engagements
  • Only armies that begin the round not more than 6 MP distance of their factions' lines of logistics are allowed to use allies in their engagements.
  • For armies that fulfil the requirement above, allies are allowed in the following situations:
    • The faction that controls the City of Syracusae at the beginning of the round is allowed to select Greek (Western) 280 - 49 BC as allies, provided that Syracusae no longer controls any Towns or Cities.
    • Carthago is allowed to select Numidian or Moorish 341-56 BC as allies.
  • Using allies is optional for each individual engagement and not at all compulsory, and the players decide for each engagement whether to use allies or not.

TomoeGozen

Post by TomoeGozen »

Challenge created for kronenblatt , Carthaginian army 6 vs Roman army 14 .PM on it's way.
cheers,
Dave.
deeter

Post by deeter »

Challenges posted for dim30. Wasn't able to set up 1560 pts so you're on your honor not to exceed that. PWs: deeter

Deeter
kronenblatt

Re: Round 3: engagements!

Post by kronenblatt »

Engagement 3.1
kronenblatt (Roman army #14) beat TomoeGozen (Carthaginian army #6) 64-41.

Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Re: Round 3: engagements!

Post by Aetius39 »

kronenblatt wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:53 pm Engagement 3.1
kronenblatt (Roman army #14) beat TomoeGozen (Carthaginian army #6) 64-41.
Congrats! Start the push back :)
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
dim30

Post by dim30 »

Engagement 2.1. dim30 (Roman army #12), win deeter (Carthaginian army #3) 23 / 49
Engagement 2.2. dim30 (Roman army #11), win deeter (Carthaginian army #3) 22 / 51

Thank for deeter for both games. Was difficults and defensive maps on both sides. Each game was a real challenge.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”