Chaos Tourney VI

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Chaos Tourney VI

Post by Geffalrus »

Geffalrus (Arabs of N. Africa) defeats Flockavelli (Thracians) 41-4

Wide open map with just enough enclosure to hide some defensive spearmen played strongly to the advantages of the elusive Arabs on their sand steeds. Cheap lancers + a cloud of light javelin horse was a disgusting combination that the Thracian spears struggled to contain.
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

and here are the current standings....
Attachments
CT6 11-19.jpg
CT6 11-19.jpg (57.55 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
Last edited by Karvon on Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

Geffalrus (Byzantines) challenges Aetius39 (Swedish Fish)

Password is: farfromhome
Kroche
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Kroche »

Kroche (Alan 651-1049 AD) challenges Aetius39 (Italo-Norman 1072-1154 AD)

pw chaos
pm sent
Kroche

Post by Kroche »

28 DanZanzibar Kroche Gallic 100-50 BC Roman 490-341 BC

Kroche challenges DanZanzibar

pw DanZ
Kroche

Post by Kroche »

Challenge for Aeneas Stator

8 Kroche Aeneas Stator Norman 923-1040 AD Georgian 1008-1049 AD

PW chaos
Aeneas Stator
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Aeneas Stator »

Challenge for Aetius

1 Aeneas Stator Aetius39 Andalusian 1228-1248 AD Byzantine (Italy) 1038-1039 AD

pW: Aetius

PM sent
Life is a cohesion test... Up the Irons!
DanZanzibar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by DanZanzibar »

Challenge Posted

Danzanzibar vs. Geffalrus

PW: Elephants
Rosedelio

Post by Rosedelio »

Rosedelio (Greek) draws with Geffalrus (Huns) 17-6

After enduring some arrows, the hoplites managed to trap some cavalry and rout them. The rest of the Huns escaped and we decided on a draw.

With this, all the matches of my first-ever tournament are over!
Touhou mod for FOGII: Medieval: https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=111582
My FOGII and FOGII Medieval focused channel: https://www.youtube.com/@Rosedelio
DanZanzibar

Post by DanZanzibar »

I think my defeat at the hands of RBS wasn't posted. Can't recall the score but I'm sure it was 4-0.
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

Geffalrus (Franks) defeats RBS (French) 45-61

I was fairly certain that an army of late knights with nothing but open terrain to play on, was going to just steamroll my large but unwieldy horde of time-displaced warbands. But then my warbands held up far better than expected to repeated knightly charges, my precious few noble horse got some flank charges in, and the knights on the edges were slowly mobbed to death by giant smelly hordes of barbarians. The fact that the victorious knights in the center rode off in pursuit of routed warbands didn't help the situation, and the crossbows and ribauds, who came along to cheer, quickly found themselves face to face with angry impact heavy foot. In the end, quantity overcame quality, as the 10,000 Frankish warriors bested 5,000 knights and retainers. Chaos indeed.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

DanZanzibar wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:51 pm I think my defeat at the hands of RBS wasn't posted. Can't recall the score but I'm sure it was 4-0.
Yes. I am not sure why I didn't post that.
Richard Bodley Scott

Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

5 Aeneas Stator Geffalrus Sassanid Persian 477-590 AD Vandal 500-534 AD

Challenge posted, password is either "lancer" or "lancers"......kinda forgot which I chose. After all, they're the only unit I'll be able to use, soooooo..... :lol:

PM to be sent.
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Aeneas Stator has had to withdraw due to real life demands. His uncompleted games, five by my count, will be counted as forfeited with a score of 4-0 awarded to his opponents.
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

Geffalrus (Sertorian Spanish) defeats devoncop (Hetpal.....Hethpals......Hepthalites?) 20-48

Good match with someone who I haven't crossed swords with in quite some time. Alas, steppe archer armies are fiendishly difficult to win with at the best of times, and I was fortunate enough to have an army with a ton of cheap foot and skirmishers. The horse archers did their best to shoot me down, but I just had far too many men to absorb arrows with. Maybe horse archer units shouldn't have the "shoot and move penalty" since they're basically designed to shoot on the move? As it stands, cheap foot can just charge them eternally, and the HA never get stationary shots off. Oh well, on to the next weird matchup....... :D
DanZanzibar

Post by DanZanzibar »

Result:

DanZanzibar defeats Kerait 49-4

A better match than the score suggests - it was an interesting battle with a lot of pre-contact maneuvering. Thanks to my opponent for a good game.
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Karvon Seleucid 124-63 BC defeated DanZanzibar Irish 900-1049 AD 53-23 for a 4-0 win.

The armies finally came to grips after several initial encounters in which one or the other turned away to seek better ground - we each exercised our reroll option. The field was a flat desert farming district with bits of rough ground sprinkled here and there. A string of farms and fields ran along most of our right flank. Our center was fronted by a fairly large rough patch and a few small ones scattered beyond it towards the center of the field. Beyond that lay a very large fields complex taking most of the center of the Irish deployment area.

Knowing we faced a sea of medium and light foot, we opted to bring a fair amount of horse to help with flanking and pursuing, all available light foot to help screen off as much as possible the expected swarms of his lights, as much cheap medium foot as we could to help cover our flanks and then we maxed out on a pair Agyraspids a superior warband, our elite infantry killers. That left us with enough for 4 pikes.

I rather expected the Irish hordes to deploy in and behind the farming complexes in the center and on our right. Not wanting to get bogged down in clearing farms, we deployed to our extreme left in very flat and open ground. Our lights formed a screening line leading our heavy foot deployed in a loose 2 deep line with our mediums initially forming up on our right to cover the rough ground on our flank. Our mounted reserve made up of a pair of cats, a lancer, a cav and a camel initially deployed behind our infantry. My plan was to sweep wide of the center farms and assault the expected Irish position from his right flank to minimize his numbers advantage.

The Irish indeed deployed in the central farms in strength and we began our sweep to our left. The Irish surprised me though by deciding to counter this sweep by marching out of the fields to cut us off and confront us on the desert plain. Needless to say, this did not end well for him. We continued our flanking sweep out to the very edge and refused our right as the Irish hordes poured out to pursue us.

Our left and center made contact first while our right continued to refuse and turn to face his own flanking attempt on our right. This led to a prolonged and bitter fight, which despite an occasional set back or two, our superiority in heavy foot and horse proved decisive. Multiple waves of Irish were broken and fled from our heavy troops. The only thing that really prolonged the fight was his stubborn rallying of routers. We did not escape unscathed; we lost most of our lights, one of our mediums, one pike was decimated and our cavalry got pretty shot up.
Kerait
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Kerait »

Kerait (Danish) defeats Kroche (Ligurian) 61-42

Close game despite the Ligurians' limited army list. Kroche made good use of terrain and skirmishers to minimise his irregular foot's exposure to steady spearmen on open ground, but predictably the heavy Danish foot won in the open centre, just about squeezing a victory out. Very real risk of a draw. Good game and well played to Kroche!
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Here's another periodic update as more results come in and a few folks have finished.
Attachments
CT6 12-03.jpg
CT6 12-03.jpg (61.99 KiB) Viewed 857 times
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Aetius39 (Berber) defeats rbodleyscott (Ptolemaic) 62-38

Hard fought battle against the pikes, which were for a long time in a kind of standoff in enclosure/obstacle terrain with the infantry of the Berbers; ultimately enough pikes were ground down and routed along with most of the cavalry. GG it was fun and tough!^^
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”