Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

klayeckles
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:47 am

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by klayeckles » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:18 am

awaiting a couple more results and we will move into round 2

klayeckles
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:47 am

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by klayeckles » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:06 am

Ok we are on to round two!
so to make it easy....
Ian (army A or B) fights TGM (army B)...TGM is Home and can choose the terrain
Killroy (Aor B) fights Ironclad (a or b)Home
THG (AorB) fights RBS (b) home
Ironclad (a or b) fight snuggles (a or b) home
RBS (b) fights klay (b) home
snuggles (a or b) fights ian (a or b) home
klay (b) fights kilroy (b) home

so the army you are allowed is based on how you did last round above and below you. Richard and I beat the romans twice, so we must use army b in both battles.
the player tht is HOME gets to pick one of the terrains listed for either of the two armies...see the initial army list to get allowable terrains.

lastly...TGM and kilroy did not complete their match. if it is not underway, i encourage you go ahead and have at it...obviously army a or b and kilroy is on home terrain
for ease of setup, i suggest that the first player listed notify the second player listed of the army they will use (unless it must be b)...and the second player then set up the game using the selected army and terrain choise.

have fun!
for the score board go to the goggle docs link on page 1 or 2

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 22205
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:35 am

Assuming that it is TGM that I am at home to, then I need him to say which army he is using before I can set up the battle.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

SnuggleBunnies
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 889
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:09 am

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by SnuggleBunnies » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:09 pm

So I assume since my opponents and I have 0 points we 3 all play with our A armies?

iandavidsmith
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Posts: 1305
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:56 am

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by iandavidsmith » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:56 pm

SnuggleBunnies wrote:So I assume since my opponents and I have 0 points we 3 all play with our A armies?
I think we can use either , is there a way to for a player to pick his side after he selects a challenge ?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 22205
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:29 pm

iandavidsmith wrote:
SnuggleBunnies wrote:So I assume since my opponents and I have 0 points we 3 all play with our A armies?
I think we can use either , is there a way to for a player to pick his side after he selects a challenge ?
No
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier
Posts: 4625
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by TheGrayMouser » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:12 pm

klayeckles wrote:Ok we are on to round two!
so to make it easy....
Ian (army A or B) fights TGM (army B)...TGM is Home and can choose the terrain
Killroy (Aor B) fights Ironclad (a or b)Home
THG (AorB) fights RBS (b) home
Ironclad (a or b) fight snuggles (a or b) home
RBS (b) fights klay (b) home
snuggles (a or b) fights ian (a or b) home
klay (b) fights kilroy (b) home
ok.... I wont even ask what happens if you win a set AND lose a set in the same round.... BTW me and Kiroy have round 1 game round 1 ongoing.

Assuming THG above means TGM, I propose the following:

Ian: I am using Army B (Bruttians) by default and choose Northern Europe hills please set up the challenge as you get to chose which army you are using.

RBS: I'll use my army A Pergamene versus your default of Spanish. Since you get to chose terrain makes sense for you to set up.

Cheers!

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 22205
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:39 am

TheGrayMouser wrote:RBS: I'll use my army A Pergamene versus your default of Spanish. Since you get to chose terrain makes sense for you to set up.
Challenge set up.

Mediterranean wooded.

pw: Fandango
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

iandavidsmith
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Posts: 1305
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:56 am

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by iandavidsmith » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:21 am

rbodleyscott wrote:
iandavidsmith wrote:
SnuggleBunnies wrote:So I assume since my opponents and I have 0 points we 3 all play with our A armies?
I think we can use either , is there a way to for a player to pick his side after he selects a challenge ?
No
Is it on the wish list ?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 22205
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by rbodleyscott » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:03 am

iandavidsmith wrote:
rbodleyscott wrote:
iandavidsmith wrote: is there a way to for a player to pick his side after he selects a challenge ?
No
Is it on the wish list ?
Yes.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

iandavidsmith
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Posts: 1305
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:56 am

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by iandavidsmith » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:54 pm

TheGrayMouser wrote:
klayeckles wrote:Ok we are on to round two!
so to make it easy....
Ian (army A or B) fights TGM (army B)...TGM is Home and can choose the terrain
Killroy (Aor B) fights Ironclad (a or b)Home
THG (AorB) fights RBS (b) home
Ironclad (a or b) fight snuggles (a or b) home
RBS (b) fights klay (b) home
snuggles (a or b) fights ian (a or b) home
klay (b) fights kilroy (b) home
ok.... I wont even ask what happens if you win a set AND lose a set in the same round.... BTW me and Kiroy have round 1 game round 1 ongoing.

Assuming THG above means TGM, I propose the following:

Ian: I am using Army B (Bruttians) by default and choose Northern Europe hills please set up the challenge as you get to chose which army you are using.

RBS: I'll use my army A Pergamene versus your default of Spanish. Since you get to chose terrain makes sense for you to set up.

Cheers!
Game setup , password = cheese

Good Luck
Ian

iandavidsmith
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Posts: 1305
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:56 am

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by iandavidsmith » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:58 pm

ATT: snuggles

I take Macedonian and Medium Hilly Terrain ,
please set up a challenge and let me know the password

Cheers
Ian

SnuggleBunnies
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 889
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:09 am

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by SnuggleBunnies » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:02 pm

Challenge is up for Ironclad pw snuggles

klayeckles
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:47 am

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by klayeckles » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:16 pm

iandavidsmith wrote:
TheGrayMouser wrote:
klayeckles wrote:Ok we are on to round two!
so to make it easy....
Ian (army A or B) fights TGM (army B)...TGM is Home and can choose the terrain
Killroy (Aor B) fights Ironclad (a or b)Home
THG (AorB) fights RBS (b) home
Ironclad (a or b) fight snuggles (a or b) home
RBS (b) fights klay (b) home
snuggles (a or b) fights ian (a or b) home
klay (b) fights kilroy (b) home
ok.... I wont even ask what happens if you win a set AND lose a set in the same round.... BTW me and Kiroy have round 1 game round 1 ongoing.

Assuming THG above means TGM, I propose the following:

Ian: I am using Army B (Bruttians) by default and choose Northern Europe hills please set up the challenge as you get to chose which army you are using.

RBS: I'll use my army A Pergamene versus your default of Spanish. Since you get to chose terrain makes sense for you to set up.

Cheers!
Game setup , password = cheese

Good Luck
Ian
if you win a full set against the player that challenged you (from above you on the list) then the next round you will use army B against the player challenging you from above (the list is circular).... and if you win the set against the person you challenged...then the next battle against the person below you on the list is the player you will use army B... the list of battles reflects this.

Ironclad
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1163
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:57 pm

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by Ironclad » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:48 pm

Challenge up for Kilroy:

Ptolemaic 320-167 v Seleucid 300-206
Mid East Agriculture
Open
Medium
pw Alex

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 22205
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by rbodleyscott » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:43 am

Spanish (rbodleyscott) defeated Galatians (klayeckles) 2% to 40%.

The terrain was the Galatians' undoing - avoiding it meant that most of their army did nothing, while their on-map flanking manoeuvre got defeated.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

kilroy1
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:46 am

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by kilroy1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:27 pm

The Seleucids (kilroy) defeated the Ptolemaic (Ironclad) 7%/48%.

kilroy

kilroy1
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:46 am

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by kilroy1 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:31 am

Challenge is up for klayeckles, Syracusan vs. Galatian , MA . The password is: Ephesus.

kilroy

klayeckles
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:47 am

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by klayeckles » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:56 am

rbodleyscott wrote:Spanish (rbodleyscott) defeated Galatians (klayeckles) 2% to 40%.

The terrain was the Galatians' undoing - avoiding it meant that most of their army did nothing, while their on-map flanking manoeuvre got defeated.

galatians should have stayed home.

now the spanish go on to rome....
Richard, i'll set up a game with PW klay

kilroy1
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:46 am

Re: Vanquisher of Rome Mini Campaign

Post by kilroy1 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:00 am

The Syracusans (kilroy) defeated the Bruttians (TheGrayMouser) 24%/62%.

kilroy

Locked

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”