Rise of ..... campaign

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Hendricus
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Rise of ..... campaign

Post by Hendricus » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:38 pm

MikeC_81 wrote:Ok time out. Can we solidify the campaign rules please? I don't want to do this helter skelter.
The campaign is the framework for wars between 8 factions, Pontic has 2 players and Illyria is a minor led by me.
Provinces can be won and lost during those wars. 1 in the 1st, 2 in the 2nd and 3 in the 3th war etc, against the same foe.
The order declarations of war are made is by the general ( player ) with the lowest number of provinces first or if that is equal the rank in the starting armylists.
I make a prioritylist after each war. Ganging up against the same foe is not allowed, so as long as there are 8 players we have 4 normal wars.
If such a war is between the 2 Pontic players it's called civil war. As a sideshow it is possible to declare war against the minor Illyria.
Minor Illyria has a neutral stance, but if a player nation declares war the normal win/loss of a province is at stake.
Nations can only win as much provinces as they can lose during a war.

Example N Pontic loses the 1st civil war and also their war against Illyria during 871 BC, the loser of the 1st civil war gets 4 provinces and losing against Illyria costs another province. So 3 provinces to start 870 BC. Having the lowest number of provinces he decides to wage the 2nd Pontic civil war ( win or lose 2 provinces ) and the clever boy also wants a 2nd N Pontic/Illyrian war ( win or lose 2 provinces ). Because he only started with 3 provinces he can win only 3. So he must lower the win/loss ratio of the minor war. If he loses those wars he is out of the game. History can be cruel. The player(s) with the most provinces after 7 gameyears is the winner, probably somebody that never initiated a war himself, but beating most that challenged him.

If you want to know more please feel free to ask.

MikeC_81
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by MikeC_81 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:37 pm

So each player resolves one battle per turn right?

I am suspending my game against the Gauls until next campaign turn atm. If in fact I even get to invade Gaul given the movement scheme
FoG 2 Post Game Analysis Series on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKmEROEwX2fgjoQLlQULhPg/

Aryaman
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Aryaman » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:16 pm

klayeckles wrote:
the gauls are slated to fight the seleucids...so i'm good to start that one too...Aryaman, how about you set it up....i'll choose mountains, so it is up to you to make it mnts , or hills. let me know when its up and the PW.
klay
It is hilly then, challenge set up, pw Tertia

Hendricus

Post by Hendricus » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:38 pm

MikeC_81 wrote:So each player resolves one battle per turn right?

I am suspending my game against the Gauls until next campaign turn atm. If in fact I even get to invade Gaul given the movement scheme
One major war against another player, a second war in that same gameyear can be done against Illyria. Because Illyria only has 3 Provinces there can only be 3 minor wars this year.

Trogilus
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Trogilus » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:29 am

I'm still waiting for Wolf (S. Pontus) to accept our civil war. In the meantime there is peace in Pontus.

I will invade Illyria. I prefer agricultural terrain so we meet in the hills. Challenge posted, pw "rise"

devoncop
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by devoncop » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:02 am

Just to let you know I am in a MP game v Wolf so have just let him know about this. Hopefully he will pick it up now if he hasn't already.

Hendricus

Post by Hendricus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:27 am

Greek and Illyria have the first battle of this campaign completed, Illyrian troops used their numbers and the mobiltlity of medium troops to envelop the left flank of their Greek opponent, while their own left flank refused to advance. Woods and rough terrain slowed down the heavy infantry of the Greek army. It became a bitter fight and if you like peace this was a bad day. So Illyria wins a province and Greece loses one.

devoncop

Post by devoncop » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:53 am

Hendricus wrote:Greek and Illyria have the first battle of this campaign completed, Illyrian troops used their numbers and the mobiltlity of medium troops to envelop the left flank of their Greek opponent, while their own left flank refused to advance. Woods and rough terrain slowed down the heavy infantry of the Greek army. It became a bitter fight and if you like peace this was a bad day. So Illyria wins a province and Greece loses one.

An excellent summary. Fine use of the terrain and the swamping of my own med Inf screening force in the woods to my Left got Illyrian forces being the hoplites in force before they were able to slog across broken terrain to defeat the lighter troops on the Illyrian right.
Kudos to the random map generation. Fascinating terrain to fight over.

NikiforosFokas
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by NikiforosFokas » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:25 pm

My Macedons were able to win the valiant Thracians, 43% vs 5%. Thanks for the game, Schmolywar.
For Byzantium!!

MikeC_81

Post by MikeC_81 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:37 am

The Romans can report victory against the Greek incursion. The veteran Princepes broke through the Greek centre-right while the Equites Cavalry held the flank as the Legionaries moved inwards to defeat the the Greek centre. The Italian allies held the Greek left long enough for victory to be secured. Final score was 30-58 in favour of Consul MikeC_81 who will now adopt the agnomen Graecianus to his name!

devoncop

Post by devoncop » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:45 am

A predictably professional and well planned performance by the Romans who took advantage of a thin spread Greek line to smash through with their best troops on the right and centre as the Hoplites were unable to cope with the impact charges of the veteran Roman infantry.

Well deserved win and Greece reels.....

Aryaman

Post by Aryaman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:31 pm

NikiforosFokas wrote:My Macedons were able to win the valiant Thracians, 43% vs 5%. Thanks for the game, Schmolywar.
wow, that was conclusive! now Schmolywar has his chance of avenging that in the 2nd Punic War torunament, were you are paired as well

NikiforosFokas
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by NikiforosFokas » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:52 pm

Aryaman wrote:
wow, that was conclusive! now Schmolywar has his chance of avenging that in the 2nd Punic War torunament, were you are paired as well
Yes my dear Aryaman i am afraid he will do. We have already started this game and everything seems you are right. Those Spaniards do not love agricultural maps.
For Byzantium!!

schmolywar
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by schmolywar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:11 am

I should have just stayed on those rocky hills shouldnt I... :D

MikeC_81

Post by MikeC_81 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:00 am

I just want to make sure, as the Roman player having played the defense against Greece, my obligations are done until the next campaign season right? Unless I try to attack Illyria who is neutral?

Hendricus

Post by Hendricus » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:24 am

MikeC_81 wrote:I just want to make sure, as the Roman player having played the defense against Greece, my obligations are done until the next campaign season right? Unless I try to attack Illyria who is neutral?
Yes no further obligations and congrats with winning a province, attacking Illyria is no longer an option this 281 BC year. As all others have to await it's conclusion. Perhaps next year,

Trogilus

Post by Trogilus » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:45 am

The first battle of the Pontic civil war has been resolved with North Pontus the victor 48/22. North Pontus seized high ground in the center with their left flank guarded by mountains and were able to use this advantage to eventually overwhelm the South's flanks and envelope their still lively pikemen.

Hendricus

Post by Hendricus » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:58 am

Awaiting the result of the 1st Gallic/Seleucid war.

MikeC_81

Post by MikeC_81 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:26 pm

What is the deadline for season 1 battles?

klayeckles
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by klayeckles » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:38 am

MikeC_81 wrote:What is the deadline for season 1 battles?
aryaman and i are in a tight match that may take a few more days...i'm going out of town for a couple, but then we'll flip some more turns. seems like there is room to kick off some games even though some aren't completed maybe?? i have no prob if i'm a bit out of sequence, resolving one while starting another...

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”