Chaos Tourney

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Chaos Tourney

Post by Karvon »

Well, we've wrapped up season 1 of the Chaos League with about a week to spare. Here's are the final standings.
2019-10-25 chaos league.jpg
2019-10-25 chaos league.jpg (556.48 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
Congrat's to SnuggleBunnies as our first Chaos Champion, finishing with an impressive 8 wins vs 2 losses for a total of 33 out of 40 possible points.

25 battles had clear winners (4-0), 5 were closely fought (3-1) and 4 were draws. 3 of the draws were bloody (2-2) and only 1 was a called draw due to unwillingness to engage because of matchups/terrain (0-0).

Thanks to everyone for participating all the way through. Hope you all enjoyed the event. I'll run it again after the current digital league finishes up, if there is enough interest.

Regards,

Karvon the Chaotic
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

I enjoyed the crazy matchups. Thank you for organizing this. My only suggestion for next time is that you as the organizer roll all of the matches and list them, to avoid potential rerolling and to ensure that the proper filters are off when setting up. I also think mirror matches would help people enjoy lopsided matches more, though I personally am fine with occasionally just getting crushed.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Glad you enjoyed the experience.

I guess I could preroll the number of matches needed and then have them assigned randomly. I've found a website, https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculat ... erator.php, that can generate a random set of numbers based on parameters you set, so can use that to match the players to the battle.

I'm definitely not interested in mirror matches. That doubles the playing time required and I have no desire to play on the same field twice regardless of the armies. I'm happy, relatively speaking, making the best of bad situations - which is a primary challenge of the Chaos League games IMHO.

Regards,

Karvon the Chaotic
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Karvon wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:20 am Glad you enjoyed the experience.

I guess I could preroll the number of matches needed and then have them assigned randomly. I've found a website, https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculat ... erator.php, that can generate a random set of numbers based on parameters you set, so can use that to match the players to the battle.

I'm definitely not interested in mirror matches. That doubles the playing time required and I have no desire to play on the same field twice regardless of the armies. I'm happy, relatively speaking, making the best of bad situations - which is a primary challenge of the Chaos League games IMHO.

Regards,

Karvon the Chaotic
Thanks for running this, was quite enjoyable and would do again exactly the same. I also do not like mirror matches ( the one off here and there but not a whole tournament worth!). Cheers!
Challenge1
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Challenge1 »

Thanks Karvon. Very enjoyable. :)

Happy to participate again under whatever rules you decide. I enjoyed having to fight with armies I wouldn't have chosen in a million years.

My 2 cents worth though, is that the choosing/drawing of the armies should remain the same. I liked seeing what came up when I set up the challenge rather than being able to check the armies out in advance and I find it hard to believe that people cheat. What's the point? Even if they do and choose a better army or more advantageous terrain for themselves then it's even more of a challenge. Other opinions are available. :wink:
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

I'm playing around with an ELO Rating program so here's the final rankings for season 1.
Attachments
CT ELO S01.jpg
CT ELO S01.jpg (6.77 KiB) Viewed 940 times

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”