Re: Chaos Tourney

Post by SnuggleBunnies » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:13 pm

Wait should this be Mirror Matches?

Karvon
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Karvon » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:17 pm

No mirror matches please. Each battle is one time only..

SnuggleBunnies
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by SnuggleBunnies » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:48 pm

Sounds good. I've got "too many challenges" today but I'll accept the last two tomorrow. This seems like an honorable bunch but if the event continues in the future mirrors may be advisable, as you can see what the factions are before posting the challenge.

Schweetness101
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Schweetness101 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:18 pm

just saw these, I also maxed out my challenges accepted today lol, but I will accept them tomorrow.

I have all of the DLC

thanks!

General Shapur
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by General Shapur » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:02 am

May be better for random sides to be assigned by the organiser
Look back over the past, with its changing empires that rose and fell, and you can foresee the future, too. M.A.

Schweetness101
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Schweetness101 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:34 pm

two of the games i could join with the password = myname but the other two are not accepting it. It's possible it was misspelled because my username is a weird spelling. Could you check that and let me know the passfor the games with me and TheGrayMouser and Karvon?

thanks

SnuggleBunnies
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by SnuggleBunnies » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:06 pm

Challenge up for Scweetness101
pw snuggles

PM sent

Schweetness101
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Schweetness101 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:42 pm

ok thanks now the only one I can'l join is TheGrayMouser

Karvon

Post by Karvon » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:54 pm

Schweetness101 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:42 pm
ok thanks now the only one I can'l join is TheGrayMouser
Looking back through the thread I see the password for his games is chaos. Have you tried that?

Schweetness101
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Schweetness101 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:07 pm

ok thanks, and another stupid question:

Am I supposed to be hosting games for each of the other contestants or is that like done by the mod somehow?

Karvon

Post by Karvon » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:29 pm

Schweetness101 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:07 pm
ok thanks, and another stupid question:

Am I supposed to be hosting games for each of the other contestants or is that like done by the mod somehow?
You can issue challenges via the MP server using the parameters outlined earlier in the thread.

You can accept challenges by going to the MP server and looking thru the private games posted for the ones specifically set up already by one of your opponents and typing in the password they sent you/posted in the forum. Make sure it's the game for you as some people are using the same password for all their posted games.

Karvon

Schweetness101
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Schweetness101 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:51 pm

i get that I can do, but am I supposed to do it? Is that how it works? each person issues a challenge to each other person so that all players play each other twice?

SnuggleBunnies
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by SnuggleBunnies » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:09 am

Schweetness101 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:51 pm
i get that I can do, but am I supposed to do it? Is that how it works? each person issues a challenge to each other person so that all players play each other twice?
...good question, I also would like to know the answer - at the moment, I have one match going with each player. Should I have two?

Challenge1
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Challenge1 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:57 am

SnuggleBunnies wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:09 am
Schweetness101 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:51 pm
...good question, I also would like to know the answer - at the moment, I have one match going with each player. Should I have two?
Yes, each person issues a challenge to the other participants.

Karvon

Post by Karvon » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:52 am

We will be playing each opponent twice. You are free to play as many or as few games at a time as you like. You just need to finish all your games by the league deadline.

SnuggleBunnies
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by SnuggleBunnies » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:36 pm

2nd challenges up for:

Schweetness101
TheGrayMouser
Karvon
Challenge1
General Shapur

pw snuggles

Schweetness101
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Schweetness101 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:20 am

2nd challenges up for:

SnuggleBunnies
TheGrayMouser
Karvon
Challenge1
General Shapur

pw 1010

One thing I just noticed in setting up the game is that you could potentially just go back and forth rerolling the matchups until you got one that was heavily biased in your favor (I didn't do that, promise). How is that being prevented? Looking back through the thread while making this post I see that's been mentioned already. Is there a solution to that? Why not do mirrored battles?

Speaking of that, 2 of the games I have started in this tournament have had me with some of the worst, most useless mass medium inf warband armies against excellent, fully featured rosters with a nice combination of heavy, medium, light, inf, cav, ranged, melee, etc...everything needed for combined arms. All I did in those was sit there and wait to be shot to death. One of them I just lost something like 50 to 0 (I had chariots too but they didn't do so great lol). Note that this is not an accusation, there are lots of mass warband rosters so it is very likely to end up with a matchup like the above when going by these 'chaos' rules, but, could we institute some kind of rule for future chaos tourneys like:

-if the matchup is obviously terrible then reroll it before posting?

Making it kind of, I dunno, chaos light or something...

*note that I did not do the above when I posted the games I just made them with the first faction list outcome.

General Shapur

Post by General Shapur » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:33 am

Schweetness101 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:20 am
2nd challenges up for:

SnuggleBunnies
TheGrayMouser
Karvon
Challenge1
General Shapur

pw 1010

One thing I just noticed in setting up the game is that you could potentially just go back and forth rerolling the matchups until you got one that was heavily biased in your favor (I didn't do that, promise). How is that being prevented? Looking back through the thread while making this post I see that's been mentioned already. Is there a solution to that? Why not do mirrored battles?

Speaking of that, 2 of the games I have started in this tournament have had me with some of the worst, most useless mass medium inf warband armies against excellent, fully featured rosters with a nice combination of heavy, medium, light, inf, cav, ranged, melee, etc...everything needed for combined arms. All I did in those was sit there and wait to be shot to death. One of them I just lost something like 50 to 0 (I had chariots too but they didn't do so great lol). Note that this is not an accusation, there are lots of mass warband rosters so it is very likely to end up with a matchup like the above when going by these 'chaos' rules, but, could we institute some kind of rule for future chaos tourneys like:

-if the matchup is obviously terrible then reroll it before posting?

Making it kind of, I dunno, chaos light or something...

*note that I did not do the above when I posted the games I just made them with the first faction list outcome.
I think mismatches are part of the Chaos brand. Its a good way to learn how to deal with a bad roster and makes a win a little sweeter. I think the only way to ensure no impropriety in selection is to have the organizer make the selections using the platform and post the matches.
Look back over the past, with its changing empires that rose and fell, and you can foresee the future, too. M.A.

Schweetness101
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Schweetness101 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:34 am

as a follow up if there is any interest here are the matchups that I rolled:

bulgar (danube) 852
arab 300 (city)

spanish 718
sassanid 224

antigonid 320
babylonian revolts 522*

dacian (carpi) 107*
german 933

thracian (hellenistic) 350
greek 227

where the two * seem to be factions that got the short stick of the matchup, maybe some others as well. I think I am side A by default in each battle (they are in A then B order)?

General Shapur

Post by General Shapur » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:40 am

result (should we post them like the other Tourney?)

General Shapur (Jewish revolt 66-135AD) defeats Challenge1 (sas-Persian 629-651AD). 41-8

This was Challenge1's challange, and quite unlucky to to go up against one of the stronger armies. Thanks for the game.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”