This tournament is for players who wish to compete in a 3 round swiss style tournament in which you select an army which is then entered into a pool for random assignment each round. The final round of the tournament will be played with the army you selected so you will be guaranteed at least one game with your army.
- 1) At the start of the tournament and for each round except the final round, the pairings will be randomly decided and assigned an army from the pool generated by the participants. Army selection includes the use of allies and must be defined at the time of entry into the tournament.
- 2) Battles are to be played at 1200 FP on a Medium map with Potluck terrain and a standard 24 turn time limit. The time limit to complete matches will be 3 weeks. Once all results are in the next round will be posted and the time limit will begin at the time of my PM to all participants. Please check PMs and the tournament thread with regularity as rounds may be posted before the full 3 weeks if all results are submitted before then.
- 3) Please post results in the thread.
- 4) Armies may be drawn from the entire FoG 2 list and duplicate armies are allowed. In such cases, each pick will be a separate instance in the pool and will be drawn accordingly (ex if there are two-player selecting Roman 199BC each round will have two Roman armies to be assigned).
- 5) As per standard Swiss tournament rules, no player meet the same opponent twice. In addition, no player will use the same army twice though in cases where two players pick the same army, a player may end up playing both instances of that same army. This also means you will not be assigned your own army until the final round. Winners will play winners, and losers will play losers in this system
- 6) Once per round, players will be allowed to veto the map. The Map Vetos must occur prior to submitting your first turn after unit selection. For Side A, this opportunity comes after you have selected your army and received the first turn from Side B. For Side B, this opportunity comes immediately after selecting your army since Side B always moves first in the game.
- 7) The winner is determined by the standard game rules. In a scenario where a draw occurs (i.e., no army has been routed at the end of the full 24 turns), the tournament will determine the winner by army loss inflicted by percentage as indicated on the final turn in the game. In the event that the draw is an exact tie, a coin will be flipped to determine the winner.
Code: Select all
MikeC Byzantine 988 AD vs Karvon Arab Conq 638 AD GrayMouser Assyrian 681 BC vs Rob123 British 600 AD - Viking Allies 900 AD GaryS Arab Conq 638 AD vs Captain Macedonian 328 BC Wmpryor Ghaznavid 962 AD vs Kronenblatt Dailami 928 AD
Code: Select all
Rob123 Dailami 928 AD vs Karvon(W) Arab Conq 638 AD MikeC(W) Macedonian 328 BC vs GrayMouser British 600 AD - Viking Allies 900 AD Wmpryor Assyrian 681 BC vs GaryS(W) Byzantine 988 AD Captain(W) Arab Conq 638 AD vs Kronenblatt Ghaznavid 962 AD
Code: Select all
Kronenblatt Macedonian 328 BC vs MikeC(W) Assyrian 681 BC GrayMouser(W) Arab Conq 638 AD vs Wmpryor Arab Conq 638 AD Rob123(W) Byzantine 988 AD vs GaryS Ghaznavid 962 AD Captain Dailami 928 AD vs Karvon(W) British 600 AD - Viking Allies 900 AD
Roster for Stratford Scramble #1
MikeC - Byzantine 988 AD
Mouser - Assyrians 681 BC
Wmpryor - Ghaznavid 962 AD
Kronenblatt - Dailami 928 AD
GaryS - Arab Conquest 638 AD
Karvon - Arab Conquest 638 AD
Rob123 = British 600 AD with Viking 900 AD as allies
Captain - Macedonian 328 BC