French no longer in the release ?

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
Astrotraductor
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: French no longer in the release ?

Post by Astrotraductor »

@ErissN6

Hello, i'm one of the translators who contributed to the localisation of Gladius. Though what you're saying is right in some cases, in others it's not, it's more complicated than that.

Initially there was more typos than expected because of unexpected delays in the translation. It happens sometimes in videogame developement. Of course this was adressed in a patch.

In the current state of the game, i think there is still something between 0.25% and 0.5% various typos and mistakes. Understand this is a game with a lot of texts. The remaining errors in the translation will be corrected in upcoming patches.

One of the reasons for this delay is simply that a few parts of the french files are missing some strings added in previous patches. Hence why you can see here and there some words still in english, instead of being correctly displayed in french.

Another reason is that we are in the middle of the summer, there was a serious heatwave, some people are not taking holidays at the same time, and so on...

There are also a few mistakes because of, sometimes, the small space in the user interface, for some buttons for instance. It's most of the time impossible to see (if a text will overflow in a button) when you're doing a translation with raw texts files.

And there are also various expressions which could be translated differently, but it's a matter of taste, of wording. Every translators has a margin for translating one way or another words and / or expressions which often can be translated in different ways. And every people prefers one way or another to say something similar.

Lastly, there are also expressions, words, names, ... typical of the WH40K universe. Some are very tricky to translate, even with reference documents. Ork slang for instance is typically more time consuming to translate, and the result is never perfect. Because, you know, slang...

Anyways, thank you for your comments, we'll take them into account. Just wait for the next updates, they shall arrive soon i think.

Best regards

Jason
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

Astrotraductor wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:15 pmHello, i'm one of the translators who contributed to the localisation of Gladius.
Initially there was more typos. Of course this was adressed in a patch.
In the current state of the game, i think there is still something between 0.25% and 0.5% various typos and mistakes.
Yes, with the patch I returned playing in french.
of the reasons for this delay
missing some strings added in previous patches.
we are in the middle of the summer, serious heatwave
various expressions which could be translated differently it's a matter of taste
there are also expressions typical of the WH40K universe.
the small space (area) in the user interface (if a text will overflow in a button), It's most of the time impossible to see when you're doing a translation with raw texts files.
Yes, I know about all these difficulties, like the dpi problem. I already, unofficially, (re)translated or/and adapted texts in french for games: whole text file (huge work, the official was so bad) for UFO:Aftershock, tutorials and fonts of RUS/Ageod, bigger window tutorial for PrideOfNations.
wait for the next updates, they shall arrive soon i think. The remaining errors in the translation will be corrected in upcoming patches.
Thanks.
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

Please add back french in the game. Even, I just tested orcs, and some text is only "?" with no explanation, there is even no english.
Too, with patches, good french can be wrong, as the game changed, and french explanation text was no corrected with the good new numbers.
So, the game MUST be played in english version.
Or remove the french language from your adverts, as it's a lie, half is still english, it's no longer just typos, and you should offer a refund to french customers.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”