Is it just me...

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
ScottWashburn
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Is it just me...

Post by ScottWashburn » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:28 pm

... or am I missing something? There have been a number of times when I am closing in to finish off one of the computer opponents where the home city of the faction starts spewing out new units at an incredible rate. Several new units every turn, for turn after turn after turn. I can still win, because I usually have a great deal of force assembled and I can destroy the new units pretty much as fast as they appear (although this definitely slows down taking out the city). But how is this level of production possible? I've tried every trick I can think of to maximize my production rate, but honestly two or three new units a turn? Is this some sort of built-in handicap to make the computer player more competitive or what? Seems very strange--especially since it doesn't happen every time.

Alex20na

Re: Is it just me...

Post by Alex20na » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:46 pm

Depends, are you sure it's not the race/races you are playing against? Some races can build units faster than others, especially in the late game where some techs can do that. Necrons can pretty much spam "Rapid Rise" as much as they want, IG, Orks and Tyranids have quite good production rates.

I noticed that too, but it may be out of desperation. As a mechanic that is interesting, I mean, when you are surrounded, of course, the first thing that will cross your mind is to produce as many units as possible to hold of the attack, I don't know how they do this, but I'm sure it's related overall to the game speed you selected, the races that you play against and the techs that they researched. I may be wrong. In Necron's case for example, they AI may decide "Okay, my city is under attack, I'll spend all my resources to produce as many troops as possible to hold off the attack", and if they got infantry and vehicle buildings, they can produce two units in one turn, since they can use rapid rise for both infantry and vehicles at the same time. As I said, I may be wrong in other's case.

ScottWashburn

Post by ScottWashburn » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:25 pm

Well, that leads to the other thing I've wondered about. The resource cost of those units (and sometimes the accelerated production) would total up into many thousands of points. How can they possibly have that many points to spend in such a short period? Am I missing something in the resource production part of the game, too?

Alex20na

Post by Alex20na » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:00 am

ScottWashburn wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:25 pm
Well, that leads to the other thing I've wondered about. The resource cost of those units (and sometimes the accelerated production) would total up into many thousands of points. How can they possibly have that many points to spend in such a short period? Am I missing something in the resource production part of the game, too?
Well, it may very well be a bug. As I said, for Necrons that can be done extremely easy with the use of rapid rise (as long as you got enough influence). An Obelisk that may take 20 turns to build can be build in one turn with "rapid rise". As for the other races, I don't know. I will check myself to see in how many turns I can spawn a unit of Hormagaunts for example with "Very fast" setting, because the settings you use matters....and I will come back with an info.

Edit 1: Yes, with very fast settings I can spawn hormagaunts in 1 turn. The Brood Nest has 13 production while hormagaunts and termagants require 12, so yea, 1 turn. I guess it depends on the race and as I said, the speed you choose in the menu.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”