Roadmap 2020

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
heretic_actual
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 5:30 pm

Roadmap 2020

Post by heretic_actual » Wed May 20, 2020 5:55 pm

Hey everyone,

I like Gladius a lot, it is the only 4X strategy that rings a bell for me, but the current state of the game is daunting: same 20 people play the multiplayer and we have near a zero understanding of a direction the game is going.

I would like to ask devs to post a roadmap for Gladius' development in 2020 and beyond.

This will not only invigorate the dedicated fans, but as well encourage the guys who abandoned the game earlier. And it also will persuade the undecided new players, showing that the project is not dead, as roadmaps did it for SW Battlefront 2.


P.S. If Gladius 2 is planned and the studio doesn't plan to support Gladius 1 because of it, it would be nice of devs to give us a hint)

the_hunger
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 2:46 pm

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by the_hunger » Wed May 20, 2020 9:49 pm

Yep, it would be nice to get some communication from the developers, especially on their own forums.

Alex20na
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by Alex20na » Thu May 21, 2020 12:08 am

heretic_actual wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:55 pm
Hey everyone,

I like Gladius a lot, it is the only 4X strategy that rings a bell for me, but the current state of the game is daunting: same 20 people play the multiplayer and we have near a zero understanding of a direction the game is going.

I would like to ask devs to post a roadmap for Gladius' development in 2020 and beyond.

This will not only invigorate the dedicated fans, but as well encourage the guys who abandoned the game earlier. And it also will persuade the undecided new players, showing that the project is not dead, as roadmaps did it for SW Battlefront 2.


P.S. If Gladius 2 is planned and the studio doesn't plan to support Gladius 1 because of it, it would be nice of devs to give us a hint)
There is no reason for a Gladius 2 if the current Gladius will have all the major races and most units, the game is not dead. Just have patience for updates, they are rare but they are packed with good things. :P

Chimareon
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 21, 2020 8:12 am

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by Chimareon » Thu May 21, 2020 8:16 am

Up to roadmap!
My playgroup bought the gladius, and we like it, but investing time would be more justified, if we know that the game is being developed.

heretic_actual
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 5:30 pm

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by heretic_actual » Thu May 21, 2020 9:00 am

Alex20na wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:08 am
heretic_actual wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:55 pm
Hey everyone,

I like Gladius a lot, it is the only 4X strategy that rings a bell for me, but the current state of the game is daunting: same 20 people play the multiplayer and we have near a zero understanding of a direction the game is going.

I would like to ask devs to post a roadmap for Gladius' development in 2020 and beyond.

This will not only invigorate the dedicated fans, but as well encourage the guys who abandoned the game earlier. And it also will persuade the undecided new players, showing that the project is not dead, as roadmaps did it for SW Battlefront 2.


P.S. If Gladius 2 is planned and the studio doesn't plan to support Gladius 1 because of it, it would be nice of devs to give us a hint)
There is no reason for a Gladius 2 if the current Gladius will have all the major races and most units, the game is not dead. Just have patience for updates, they are rare but they are packed with good things. :P
My patience would double if the devs show me what I am patient for.As of now, communication on part of Slitherine is lacking.

Alex20na
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by Alex20na » Thu May 21, 2020 3:27 pm

heretic_actual wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:00 am
Alex20na wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:08 am
heretic_actual wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:55 pm
Hey everyone,

I like Gladius a lot, it is the only 4X strategy that rings a bell for me, but the current state of the game is daunting: same 20 people play the multiplayer and we have near a zero understanding of a direction the game is going.

I would like to ask devs to post a roadmap for Gladius' development in 2020 and beyond.

This will not only invigorate the dedicated fans, but as well encourage the guys who abandoned the game earlier. And it also will persuade the undecided new players, showing that the project is not dead, as roadmaps did it for SW Battlefront 2.


P.S. If Gladius 2 is planned and the studio doesn't plan to support Gladius 1 because of it, it would be nice of devs to give us a hint)
There is no reason for a Gladius 2 if the current Gladius will have all the major races and most units, the game is not dead. Just have patience for updates, they are rare but they are packed with good things. :P
My patience would double if the devs show me what I am patient for.As of now, communication on part of Slitherine is lacking.
I agree that they don't talk much, but let's not forget that they are not a big team like other major companies and they work on lots of games at once. Plus, why would you spoil the surprise? Before releasing the T'au DLC they gave us a hint about what is coming and that hint was a bit too obvious, plus they confirmed that the T'au will come when they were talking in a stream in December 2019 I think. Of course, that confirmation didn't make the T'au DLC be less enjoyable, but they talk about new content when it's close to be released (1-3 months before releasing).

Look at their "Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - v1.5.1 Update":
"What is next for Gladius, you will ask? Well of course we won't stop here. There is more content to be added. But we're not quite ready to reveal what is coming. Until we do, feel free to speculate on the forum, and let us know what you would like to see added to the game!".

I myself enjoy the fact that they don't talk too much about it, since a surprise it's a surprise. :P

heretic_actual
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 5:30 pm

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by heretic_actual » Thu May 21, 2020 3:48 pm

Alex20na wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:27 pm
heretic_actual wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:00 am
Alex20na wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:08 am


There is no reason for a Gladius 2 if the current Gladius will have all the major races and most units, the game is not dead. Just have patience for updates, they are rare but they are packed with good things. :P
My patience would double if the devs show me what I am patient for.As of now, communication on part of Slitherine is lacking.
I agree that they don't talk much, but let's not forget that they are not a big team like other major companies and they work on lots of games at once. Plus, why would you spoil the surprise? Before releasing the T'au DLC they gave us a hint about what is coming and that hint was a bit too obvious, plus they confirmed that the T'au will come when they were talking in a stream in December 2019 I think. Of course, that confirmation didn't make the T'au DLC be less enjoyable, but they talk about new content when it's close to be released (1-3 months before releasing).

Look at their "Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - v1.5.1 Update":
"What is next for Gladius, you will ask? Well of course we won't stop here. There is more content to be added. But we're not quite ready to reveal what is coming. Until we do, feel free to speculate on the forum, and let us know what you would like to see added to the game!".

I myself enjoy the fact that they don't talk too much about it, since a surprise it's a surprise. :P
Alex,

1. It doesn't take long to photoshop 3-4 lines of text to a picture (10 mins tops). It isn't called a "spoil", it is called a community management. And they always can write "New Race DLC Q1 2020" instead of "Tau DLC Q1 2020".

2. With 10+ years in consulting I can write an almost endless list of fluff like that. If they have something planned, it won't be hard to put up at least a picture with some text (10 mins, right?). And if they need our input they should post a pole or something.

3. Not everyone is like you. For new undecided players a clear understanding of the game's direction will help to make a right decision, taking into account mixed ratings on Meta. If you want to glimpse a solid communication between devs and fans, take a peek at C&C Tiberian Dawn Remastered's reddit/ YT announcements. Zero questions unanswered, no false impressions given, everyone is happy.

heretic_actual
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 5:30 pm

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by heretic_actual » Sun May 31, 2020 8:24 am

More than a week and 300 replies later still no reply from the devs.

Guys, could you please post comments like "+1" or "yeah, it would be great to have a roadmap", etc. Maybe a 50+ of comments will draw their attention.

RsRaiders
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:24 am

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by RsRaiders » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:42 am

"No, it would not be great to have a roadmap"

As says Alex, I prefer the way they work today rather than making promises they're not sure they're going to keep.
The last DLC was a great surprise that brought some temporary bugs but they are working on it and communicating on the discord.
The developers are few (3 if I'm not mistaken) and they made a colossal 4X in a very full universe.

I prefer that they continue to develop while having fun because they surely have on their side a follow-up of tasks to do and factions to add, rather than promising us deadlines and putting pressure on themselves to go out in speed rather than quality.

Alex20na
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by Alex20na » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:46 pm

RsRaiders wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:42 am
"No, it would not be great to have a roadmap"

As says Alex, I prefer the way they work today rather than making promises they're not sure they're going to keep.
The last DLC was a great surprise that brought some temporary bugs but they are working on it and communicating on the discord.
The developers are few (3 if I'm not mistaken) and they made a colossal 4X in a very full universe.

I prefer that they continue to develop while having fun because they surely have on their side a follow-up of tasks to do and factions to add, rather than promising us deadlines and putting pressure on themselves to go out in speed rather than quality.
"I prefer the way they work today rather than making promises they're not sure they're going to keep.", this couldn't be truer RsRaiders, good point made there.

I am sorry Heretic_actual, but I saw lots of games that were early access and the devs promised things they never fulfilled, or at least 50% of them were not fulfilled and the ideas were great but never came to be in the game and the fans were disappointed because the devs didn't keep the promises. When you promise an open world game you don't make a shooter arena game, or strategy game, because fans paid for you to develop and deliver an OPEN WORLD GAME.

I am not saying this to insult you Heretic_actual, but really, I can't vote for your idea just because you got no patience or little patience, and just because other games are doing this, that doesn't mean that Slitherine should do the same. We are not selfish and we don't disagree with you for the sake of disagreeing or because it's not our idea, no, it's because we've seen (or at least I speak for myself) games falling so much because of unfulfilled promises.

Take the Eternal Crusade for example, it's the best one of what we've described. The idea was heaven incarnate, and what we were delivered is a failure of a game. I too wish to see a Chaos Daemons faction and Officio Assassinorum units in Gladius, but if I don't see them I don't get disappointed and start saying that the game is not worth because Slitherine didn't include what I liked in the game. In your case, your fear of "not knowing what we're paying for" is based on lack of patience. Have patience and it will be fine. :D
Last edited by Alex20na on Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

marcdhanna
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:17 am

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by marcdhanna » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:24 am

I see no reason to try to put heat on Slitherine's marketing campaign/team on the basis of one player's demanding opinion. Not voting in favor of this proposal to pressure the developers.

Suggest OP try to get a job at Slitherine in marketing or else find other games more suited to temperament and expectations. I don't care about OP patience levels being assuaged. Always delighted when Slitherine puts out a new pack on this game.

I don't see the thundering hooves coming in to this thread with a bunch of +1 posts either, so this whole thing looks DOA anyway. Given that Slitherine seems to be keeping afloat and successfully developing games in a niche market and competing against some big game developers who have the staff to put out fluffy timelines and roadmaps, I'm quite happy with the situation as it is. For what that's worth.

OP is not drawing the attention desired, it seems.
Prajñāpāramitā

heretic_actual
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 5:30 pm

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by heretic_actual » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:24 pm

marcdhanna wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:24 am
I see no reason to try to put heat on Slitherine's marketing campaign/team on the basis of one player's demanding opinion. Not voting in favor of this proposal to pressure the developers.

Suggest OP try to get a job at Slitherine in marketing or else find other games more suited to temperament and expectations. I don't care about OP patience levels being assuaged. Always delighted when Slitherine puts out a new pack on this game.

I don't see the thundering hooves coming in to this thread with a bunch of +1 posts either, so this whole thing looks DOA anyway. Given that Slitherine seems to be keeping afloat and successfully developing games in a niche market and competing against some big game developers who have the staff to put out fluffy timelines and roadmaps, I'm quite happy with the situation as it is. For what that's worth.

OP is not drawing the attention desired, it seems.
Sure, it's all jokes and laughter till a moment when new players are not buying the game and sporadic DLCs can't sustain a development. If the devs are willing to roll a dice, so be it.

Alex20na
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by Alex20na » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:53 pm

heretic_actual wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:24 pm
marcdhanna wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:24 am
I see no reason to try to put heat on Slitherine's marketing campaign/team on the basis of one player's demanding opinion. Not voting in favor of this proposal to pressure the developers.

Suggest OP try to get a job at Slitherine in marketing or else find other games more suited to temperament and expectations. I don't care about OP patience levels being assuaged. Always delighted when Slitherine puts out a new pack on this game.

I don't see the thundering hooves coming in to this thread with a bunch of +1 posts either, so this whole thing looks DOA anyway. Given that Slitherine seems to be keeping afloat and successfully developing games in a niche market and competing against some big game developers who have the staff to put out fluffy timelines and roadmaps, I'm quite happy with the situation as it is. For what that's worth.

OP is not drawing the attention desired, it seems.
Sure, it's all jokes and laughter till a moment when new players are not buying the game and sporadic DLCs can't sustain a development. If the devs are willing to roll a dice, so be it.
1. Players won't buy the game if they don't like it's current state/content, that has nothing to do with roadmaps. A players takes a look at it's current state, not what it can be, and if the current game is satisfying enough, then he will buy it. Especially since Slitherine lowered the prices quite often which encourages more players to get the game or DLC's.

2. Don't talk for other players bro when it's clear that you're the one that's frustrated and got no patience, you got no right to do that. Just because Heretic_actual isn't pleased that means that...other new players won't be pleased? Hmmm, I wonder about that. The reason you don't get a lot of players supporting you is because most players that are pleased with the game got no reason to come here on the forums, maybe just to see the changelogs. There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between game suggestions (units, features, races, etc...) and developments suggestions. You want them to develop the game in your way? Making threats that "new players won't buy the game" is pretty lame.

3. Slitherine had a great success with their games and they still do....WITHOUT having roadmaps, so that's not going to change, they are not rolling anything. They've been doing this for a long time and there is no reason to change it.

4. If you don't like it, then find other games with roadmaps. Why should Slitherine be pressured to do roadmaps? So that they can make promises they can't keep?

5. DLC's CAN sustain a development, there are many that enjoy every little DLC that Gladius gets, the game gets deeper with every DLC, plus the modding support that's being added, which is a big staple nowadays. This is all that needs to be done to keep the game alive. Skyrim would have been dead if it were not for mods, it's the only thing keeping the game alive. I bought Skyrim exactly for that reason.

heretic_actual
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 5:30 pm

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by heretic_actual » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:29 pm

Alex20na wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:53 pm
heretic_actual wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:24 pm
marcdhanna wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:24 am
I see no reason to try to put heat on Slitherine's marketing campaign/team on the basis of one player's demanding opinion. Not voting in favor of this proposal to pressure the developers.

Suggest OP try to get a job at Slitherine in marketing or else find other games more suited to temperament and expectations. I don't care about OP patience levels being assuaged. Always delighted when Slitherine puts out a new pack on this game.

I don't see the thundering hooves coming in to this thread with a bunch of +1 posts either, so this whole thing looks DOA anyway. Given that Slitherine seems to be keeping afloat and successfully developing games in a niche market and competing against some big game developers who have the staff to put out fluffy timelines and roadmaps, I'm quite happy with the situation as it is. For what that's worth.

OP is not drawing the attention desired, it seems.
Sure, it's all jokes and laughter till a moment when new players are not buying the game and sporadic DLCs can't sustain a development. If the devs are willing to roll a dice, so be it.
1. Players won't buy the game if they don't like it's current state/content, that has nothing to do with roadmaps. A players takes a look at it's current state, not what it can be, and if the current game is satisfying enough, then he will buy it. Especially since Slitherine lowered the prices quite often which encourages more players to get the game or DLC's.

2. Don't talk for other players bro when it's clear that you're the one that's frustrated and got no patience, you got no right to do that. Just because Heretic_actual isn't pleased that means that...other new players won't be pleased? Hmmm, I wonder about that. The reason you don't get a lot of players supporting you is because most players that are pleased with the game got no reason to come here on the forums, maybe just to see the changelogs. There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between game suggestions (units, features, races, etc...) and developments suggestions. You want them to develop the game in your way? Making threats that "new players won't buy the game" is pretty lame.

3. Slitherine had a great success with their games and they still do....WITHOUT having roadmaps, so that's not going to change, they are not rolling anything. They've been doing this for a long time and there is no reason to change it.

4. If you don't like it, then find other games with roadmaps. Why should Slitherine be pressured to do roadmaps? So that they can make promises they can't keep?

5. DLC's CAN sustain a development, there are many that enjoy every little DLC that Gladius gets, the game gets deeper with every DLC, plus the modding support that's being added, which is a big staple nowadays. This is all that needs to be done to keep the game alive. Skyrim would have been dead if it were not for mods, it's the only thing keeping the game alive. I bought Skyrim exactly for that reason.
Dude, chill,

1. New player is trying to get as much info as he can prior to buying a game, as TBS scene is overcrowded. From this standpoint we have: positive rating on Steam, 4/5 on GOG, 61 on PC Gamer and 7,1/7,2 on Metacritic. In other word "Mixed". Then a potential player would check DLCs up to date (post release development). That looks good. And after that he will look for future plans - interviews, posts on Reddit, roadmaps, messages on the forum. In this regard - silence. Sure, there is WH40k community which will buy almost anything WH, but I am afraid that current attitude of the team toward the communication won't persuade all the potential players outside the fandom.

2. I am neither frustrated nor impatient, so please don't talk for other players (me), bro. I don't suggest anything in terms of the development. Please show where in my posts I demand to convert Gladius into FPS or RTS, or ask to add a certain race.
Lame is to attribute your own fantasies to other people or trying to cancel someone those opinion you don't like.
I don't threaten anyone, I voice my concern about the game's future, which is a perfectly appropriate thing to do in the place designated to the discussion, don't you find?

3. As I've said, I just hope that this habit won't cost them much, taking into consideration the amount of existing 4X strategies, and the upcoming ones (Humankind, Old World, etc.)

4. If by pressure your mean my suggestion to likeminded players (if any) to get themselves visible, yes, I find it strange that a post with a reasonable concern stays unreplied on their own forum for weeks. I work with clients directly and accustomed to a bit more strict guidelines in this regard.

5. I hope they can - I like Gladius a lot. But Skyrim is not a niche TBS, and Gladius is not as revolutionary or influational game as Skyrim. Your analogy is irrelevant.

marcdhanna
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:17 am

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by marcdhanna » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:30 am

heretic_actual wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:29 pm

Dude, chill,

1. New player is trying to get as much info as he can prior to buying a game, as TBS scene is overcrowded. From this standpoint we have: positive rating on Steam, 4/5 on GOG, 61 on PC Gamer and 7,1/7,2 on Metacritic. In other word "Mixed". Then a potential player would check DLCs up to date (post release development). That looks good. And after that he will look for future plans - interviews, posts on Reddit, roadmaps, messages on the forum. In this regard - silence. Sure, there is WH40k community which will buy almost anything WH, but I am afraid that current attitude of the team toward the communication won't persuade all the potential players outside the fandom.

2. I am neither frustrated nor impatient, so please don't talk for other players (me), bro. I don't suggest anything in terms of the development. Please show where in my posts I demand to convert Gladius into FPS or RTS, or ask to add a certain race.
Lame is to attribute your own fantasies to other people or trying to cancel someone those opinion you don't like.
I don't threaten anyone, I voice my concern about the game's future, which is a perfectly appropriate thing to do in the place designated to the discussion, don't you find?

3. As I've said, I just hope that this habit won't cost them much, taking into consideration the amount of existing 4X strategies, and the upcoming ones (Humankind, Old World, etc.)

4. If by pressure your mean my suggestion to likeminded players (if any) to get themselves visible, yes, I find it strange that a post with a reasonable concern stays unreplied on their own forum for weeks. I work with clients directly and accustomed to a bit more strict guidelines in this regard.

5. I hope they can - I like Gladius a lot. But Skyrim is not a niche TBS, and Gladius is not as revolutionary or influational game as Skyrim. Your analogy is irrelevant.
Heretic,

1. Not everybody buys like you. And why are you continuing to buy if they don't meet your criteria?
2. You seem to be the king about talking for other players on this matter -- lol
3. As I've said, you should apply for a job with their sales and marketing department since you claim to be so in tune with their future welfare and they don't seem to be -- as you find to be the case.
4. What's strange is that you think your guidelines should be everyone else's. Maybe you aren't such a big fish in the small pond -- and you find this irksome?
5. I'm sure you meant 'influential.' But perhaps the main issue is that your opinion isn't very influential. I can attest that your opinion has no influence on me, and the evidence suggests it has no influence on devs.
Prajñāpāramitā

Alex20na
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by Alex20na » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:25 am

heretic_actual wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:24 pm

Dude, chill,

1. New player is trying to get as much info as he can prior to buying a game, as TBS scene is overcrowded. From this standpoint we have: positive rating on Steam, 4/5 on GOG, 61 on PC Gamer and 7,1/7,2 on Metacritic. In other word "Mixed". Then a potential player would check DLCs up to date (post release development). That looks good. And after that he will look for future plans - interviews, posts on Reddit, roadmaps, messages on the forum. In this regard - silence. Sure, there is WH40k community which will buy almost anything WH, but I am afraid that current attitude of the team toward the communication won't persuade all the potential players outside the fandom.

2. I am neither frustrated nor impatient, so please don't talk for other players (me), bro. I don't suggest anything in terms of the development. Please show where in my posts I demand to convert Gladius into FPS or RTS, or ask to add a certain race.
Lame is to attribute your own fantasies to other people or trying to cancel someone those opinion you don't like.
I don't threaten anyone, I voice my concern about the game's future, which is a perfectly appropriate thing to do in the place designated to the discussion, don't you find?

3. As I've said, I just hope that this habit won't cost them much, taking into consideration the amount of existing 4X strategies, and the upcoming ones (Humankind, Old World, etc.)

4. If by pressure your mean my suggestion to likeminded players (if any) to get themselves visible, yes, I find it strange that a post with a reasonable concern stays unreplied on their own forum for weeks. I work with clients directly and accustomed to a bit more strict guidelines in this regard.

5. I hope they can - I like Gladius a lot. But Skyrim is not a niche TBS, and Gladius is not as revolutionary or influational game as Skyrim. Your analogy is irrelevant.
I am chill bro, as I told you, I am not arguing for the sake of disagreeing with you, if that would have been the case..I wouldn't waste my breath, I am not that type of guy. Just because I write with CAPS LOCK on, that doesn't mean I am mad or attacking you, I am trying to underline important things.
I will answer your 2nd point that I made since you didn't understand anything of what I've said and you've taken my words out of context.

2. "Please show where in my posts I demand to convert Gladius into FPS or RTS, or ask to add a certain race. "

As I told you, there is a BIG difference between suggesting a GAME change (content to be added) and a DEVELOPMENT change. Asking for roadmaps it's not the same as suggesting a race, unit etc...but you don't seem to get it. It's one thing to suggest a game feature, race, etc...AND THAT IS OKAY, that's why there is a "Suggestion" thread on the forum...BUT it's a whole other thing to tell Slitherine how they should develop the game because of your own concerns. I never said or implied that you told them to modify the game itself to become an FPS or anything, I just told you that the way Slitherine chooses to develop the game it's their own concern, not ours. You said you voice your concern about the game, then why everybody else is quiet and not concerned? Why out of all players that enjoy the game only you are so worried all of the sudden? Go to "steamcharts.com" and watch how many players are actually playing and their numbers are increasing. Okay, out of the peak of 2,295 players that we had in the last 30 days, only you are concerned....and my question for you is WHY? The game has 2 years already (it will be 3 years in December), the number of players are increasing, Slitherine as a company has a lot of success with strategy games. If there is one gaming company I would trust to deliver me a good strategy game, it would be Slitherine 100% of the time. Just as I told you, they are doing this for a long time and they had success and they STILL have success, so why all the concern that in the future all of the sudden it would cost them? If the number of players would drop drastically, then yes, that would definitely be a concern, but that's not the case here.

Let's answer 4 too.

4. If you were on the forums for a long time, you would know that Slitherine watches every suggestion even if they don't reply. They said it themselves in an older post, that every suggestion is taken into account, so the players know that the devs are not ignoring us. I am not going to look for that reply, it's your choice if you believe me or not. Okay, this is not the reply I was talking about, but this is one of many: "What is next for Gladius, you will ask? Well of course we won't stop here. There is more content to be added. But we're not quite ready to reveal what is coming. Until we do, feel free to speculate on the forum, and let us know what you would like to see added to the game!". If that's not enough for people to realize they are NOT IGNORED, then there is nothing else Slitherine could do about it.

heretic_actual
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 5:30 pm

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by heretic_actual » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:56 am

marcdhanna wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:30 am
heretic_actual wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:29 pm

Dude, chill,

1. New player is trying to get as much info as he can prior to buying a game, as TBS scene is overcrowded. From this standpoint we have: positive rating on Steam, 4/5 on GOG, 61 on PC Gamer and 7,1/7,2 on Metacritic. In other word "Mixed". Then a potential player would check DLCs up to date (post release development). That looks good. And after that he will look for future plans - interviews, posts on Reddit, roadmaps, messages on the forum. In this regard - silence. Sure, there is WH40k community which will buy almost anything WH, but I am afraid that current attitude of the team toward the communication won't persuade all the potential players outside the fandom.

2. I am neither frustrated nor impatient, so please don't talk for other players (me), bro. I don't suggest anything in terms of the development. Please show where in my posts I demand to convert Gladius into FPS or RTS, or ask to add a certain race.
Lame is to attribute your own fantasies to other people or trying to cancel someone those opinion you don't like.
I don't threaten anyone, I voice my concern about the game's future, which is a perfectly appropriate thing to do in the place designated to the discussion, don't you find?

3. As I've said, I just hope that this habit won't cost them much, taking into consideration the amount of existing 4X strategies, and the upcoming ones (Humankind, Old World, etc.)

4. If by pressure your mean my suggestion to likeminded players (if any) to get themselves visible, yes, I find it strange that a post with a reasonable concern stays unreplied on their own forum for weeks. I work with clients directly and accustomed to a bit more strict guidelines in this regard.

5. I hope they can - I like Gladius a lot. But Skyrim is not a niche TBS, and Gladius is not as revolutionary or influational game as Skyrim. Your analogy is irrelevant.
Heretic,

1. Not everybody buys like you. And why are you continuing to buy if they don't meet your criteria?
2. You seem to be the king about talking for other players on this matter -- lol
3. As I've said, you should apply for a job with their sales and marketing department since you claim to be so in tune with their future welfare and they don't seem to be -- as you find to be the case.
4. What's strange is that you think your guidelines should be everyone else's. Maybe you aren't such a big fish in the small pond -- and you find this irksome?
5. I'm sure you meant 'influential.' But perhaps the main issue is that your opinion isn't very influential. I can attest that your opinion has no influence on me, and the evidence suggests it has no influence on devs.
marcdhanna,

1. Sure, but a lot of players on a 8 billion people planet are. Your are inattentive - I said that I like Gladius a couple of time, but who cares, right?
2. Considering your point #3 this one looks kinda hypocritical, to say the least.
4. I am big enough to create a 15-replies-post with 600+ views, and I hope your further replies will make it even more visible to Slitherine.
5. Yeah, sure, it has 0 influence on you, and that is exactly why you are replying to my every second post)

heretic_actual
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 5:30 pm

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by heretic_actual » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:11 am

Alex20na wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:25 am
heretic_actual wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:24 pm

Dude, chill,

1. New player is trying to get as much info as he can prior to buying a game, as TBS scene is overcrowded. From this standpoint we have: positive rating on Steam, 4/5 on GOG, 61 on PC Gamer and 7,1/7,2 on Metacritic. In other word "Mixed". Then a potential player would check DLCs up to date (post release development). That looks good. And after that he will look for future plans - interviews, posts on Reddit, roadmaps, messages on the forum. In this regard - silence. Sure, there is WH40k community which will buy almost anything WH, but I am afraid that current attitude of the team toward the communication won't persuade all the potential players outside the fandom.

2. I am neither frustrated nor impatient, so please don't talk for other players (me), bro. I don't suggest anything in terms of the development. Please show where in my posts I demand to convert Gladius into FPS or RTS, or ask to add a certain race.
Lame is to attribute your own fantasies to other people or trying to cancel someone those opinion you don't like.
I don't threaten anyone, I voice my concern about the game's future, which is a perfectly appropriate thing to do in the place designated to the discussion, don't you find?

3. As I've said, I just hope that this habit won't cost them much, taking into consideration the amount of existing 4X strategies, and the upcoming ones (Humankind, Old World, etc.)

4. If by pressure your mean my suggestion to likeminded players (if any) to get themselves visible, yes, I find it strange that a post with a reasonable concern stays unreplied on their own forum for weeks. I work with clients directly and accustomed to a bit more strict guidelines in this regard.

5. I hope they can - I like Gladius a lot. But Skyrim is not a niche TBS, and Gladius is not as revolutionary or influational game as Skyrim. Your analogy is irrelevant.
I am chill bro, as I told you, I am not arguing for the sake of disagreeing with you, if that would have been the case..I wouldn't waste my breath, I am not that type of guy. Just because I write with CAPS LOCK on, that doesn't mean I am mad or attacking you, I am trying to underline important things.
I will answer your 2nd point that I made since you didn't understand anything of what I've said and you've taken my words out of context.

2. "Please show where in my posts I demand to convert Gladius into FPS or RTS, or ask to add a certain race. "

As I told you, there is a BIG difference between suggesting a GAME change (content to be added) and a DEVELOPMENT change. Asking for roadmaps it's not the same as suggesting a race, unit etc...but you don't seem to get it. It's one thing to suggest a game feature, race, etc...AND THAT IS OKAY, that's why there is a "Suggestion" thread on the forum...BUT it's a whole other thing to tell Slitherine how they should develop the game because of your own concerns. I never said or implied that you told them to modify the game itself to become an FPS or anything, I just told you that the way Slitherine chooses to develop the game it's their own concern, not ours. You said you voice your concern about the game, then why everybody else is quiet and not concerned? Why out of all players that enjoy the game only you are so worried all of the sudden? Go to "steamcharts.com" and watch how many players are actually playing and their numbers are increasing. Okay, out of the peak of 2,295 players that we had in the last 30 days, only you are concerned....and my question for you is WHY? The game has 2 years already (it will be 3 years in December), the number of players are increasing, Slitherine as a company has a lot of success with strategy games. If there is one gaming company I would trust to deliver me a good strategy game, it would be Slitherine 100% of the time. Just as I told you, they are doing this for a long time and they had success and they STILL have success, so why all the concern that in the future all of the sudden it would cost them? If the number of players would drop drastically, then yes, that would definitely be a concern, but that's not the case here.

Let's answer 4 too.

4. If you were on the forums for a long time, you would know that Slitherine watches every suggestion even if they don't reply. They said it themselves in an older post, that every suggestion is taken into account, so the players know that the devs are not ignoring us. I am not going to look for that reply, it's your choice if you believe me or not. Okay, this is not the reply I was talking about, but this is one of many: "What is next for Gladius, you will ask? Well of course we won't stop here. There is more content to be added. But we're not quite ready to reveal what is coming. Until we do, feel free to speculate on the forum, and let us know what you would like to see added to the game!". If that's not enough for people to realize they are NOT IGNORED, then there is nothing else Slitherine could do about it.
Alex20na,

I am glad that after a dozen of posts our differences amount only to two points.

1. I am not arguing with Slitherine's way of the development - they are doing great job without my suggestions, I am questioning their community management/ marketing strategy. These two are different things, and your are confusing one for another.

Steamchart proves my point: yes, there is a recent spike of 2.5k, but the median community is between 200 and 400 players (for all time).

2. My choice is to make this post as visible to Slitherine, as I can. Our discussion helps.

marcdhanna
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:17 am

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by marcdhanna » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:57 am

heretic_actual wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:56 am


marcdhanna,

1. Sure, but a lot of players on a 8 billion people planet are. Your are inattentive - I said that I like Gladius a couple of time, but who cares, right?
2. Considering your point #3 this one looks kinda hypocritical, to say the least.
4. I am big enough to create a 15-replies-post with 600+ views, and I hope your further replies will make it even more visible to Slitherine.
5. Yeah, sure, it has 0 influence on you, and that is exactly why you are replying to my every second post)
Exactly, you bought it, so your attitude doesn't reflect what you say about how people are buying this.
Obviously, your opinion on the necessity of road-mapping is what has no influence. As for the verbal sparring with you, it's just a bit of fun.
Good luck with your lobbying efforts!
Prajñāpāramitā

heretic_actual
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 5:30 pm

Re: Roadmap 2020

Post by heretic_actual » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:21 am

marcdhanna wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:57 am
heretic_actual wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:56 am


marcdhanna,

1. Sure, but a lot of players on a 8 billion people planet are. Your are inattentive - I said that I like Gladius a couple of time, but who cares, right?
2. Considering your point #3 this one looks kinda hypocritical, to say the least.
4. I am big enough to create a 15-replies-post with 600+ views, and I hope your further replies will make it even more visible to Slitherine.
5. Yeah, sure, it has 0 influence on you, and that is exactly why you are replying to my every second post)
Exactly, you bought it, so your attitude doesn't reflect what you say about how people are buying this.
Obviously, your opinion on the necessity of road-mapping is what has no influence. As for the verbal sparring with you, it's just a bit of fun.
Good luck with your lobbying efforts!
I am a WH40k fan, my attitude differs from those of a typical 4X fan - I can give a chance to even a 5/10 game if it is Warhammer.

If you could add a couple more posts about how an idea of a roadmap has no influence, I would be grateful.

Post Reply

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”