You guys are losing customers and players by using this failed Vulkan graphics system.

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

You guys are losing customers and players by using this failed Vulkan graphics system.

Post by antiochosvii »

xpost from Steam --

You guys are losing customers by using this Vulkan graphics system -- I can run your old beta fine, but my laptop which is still able to run AAA games with great framerates can't even open this tiny 2GB game. I bought all your dlcs and I love your company dearly for Field of Glory, but a quick glance at your forums shows that tons of your players can't even run your game on this system. I will sadly have to refund -- i would have bought every dlc for this game till kingdom come, but this is just ridiculous. Hope you guys wake up and transition back to a graphics system people can actually use.
zgrssd
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: You guys are losing customers and players by using this failed Vulkan graphics system.

Post by zgrssd »

Error descriptions need to be more specific then "does not work", if you want any help.
If it is the missing DLL error, that means you do not have the Vulcan Framework Intalled. Usually the instaler (including steam) should take care of any required software like that, but as usual nothing is perfect.

There are a few things that are harder to change then a Garphics System. That is usually a "full rerwork" level of work. So expecting it to change is not going to work out.
eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: You guys are losing customers and players by using this failed Vulkan graphics system.

Post by eddieballgame »

Sadly, I concur with 'antiochosvii'.
This was one of my group's goto for 'lan parties'.
Sadly, when the Vulkan graphic system was implemented, all our laptops could not run what was previously a flawless & fun experience.
We had purchased all the 'dlcs' up to that point & had a blast.
Since then, we have moved on & saved our money for other working games.
Last edited by eddieballgame on Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris0War
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Chris0War »

it is weird though, had no problems on 3 different setups, different nvidia cards, amd and intel cpu so what could be the problem then?

maybe the developers should pay attention to what is happening with Horizon atm, reach out or something ;) could be totally unrelated of course
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

Apparently, from reading the 'bug' reports...many are having issues with this game.
Prior to the 'dev's breaking it with the 'vulcan' nonsense, my friends & I were supporting this financially & playing the hell out of it.
Oh well...our loss, I guess.
AP514
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AP514 »

Sad a lot of these Dev are just bailing out on games......
Trixie
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Trixie »

Ya was one fo the biggest reasons I refunded this game it worked great till they removed open gl and went with this vulkan crap
SteamSlither

Post by SteamSlither »

I agree it was probably not a good idea to radically change specs in mid development cycle such as requiring Vulkan from openGL which means many computers that were running the game previously can run it no more; introducing a whole new set of problems , wait until Gladius 2 or something.

With that being said I'm playing 1.2.6 with its supported DLC and it seems to be running just fine. Of course unless something changes from the Devs (like continued openGL Support) 1.2.6 is the end of the road and I'm not buying a new computer for quite a while, as the current one runs just fine with many modern games such as Far Cry 5 etc,. so any further investment in this game will have to be put off until the distant future.

1.2.6 Legacy is still attainable from both Matrix /Slitherine if you bought a there or if you have it on Steam you can get it in the beta section and select legacy, then it will update the game to 1.2.6 legacy. DLC supported includes skull king reinforcements and Tryanids.
Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Geffalrus »

I was having the same problem until I dropped back to the 1.2.6 legacy beta. Which is fine, but I'm a bit sad I'm missing out on the Chaos, Eldar, and Tau DLC.
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
xxup
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by xxup »

Sadly, a +1 from me.. Very disappointed that I can't run Gladius..
SteamSlither

Post by SteamSlither »

I wish I could run Assault DLC however it needs updated patch which puts it into Vulkan land.
All that DLC does it does is adds 1 unit to each side. Would be appreciative if they fixed up a 1.2.6 version.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”