Tournament News and Diary . . .

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Tournament News and Diary . . .

Post by stockwellpete » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:37 am

Thursday October 1st - Tournament opens
Sunday October 25th - First Time Control check; deadline for completion of Themed Event group stage matches
Sunday November 8th - Second Time Control check; any remaining Reserves to be stood down
Sunday December 13th - Tournament closes

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Tournament News and Diary . . .

Post by stockwellpete » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:41 am

This morning I have sent out 133 invitations for the new season. Please ask other reliable players you know whether they are interested in joining the tournament. Let me know who they are and I will send them an invitation.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:52 am

Players entering Season 9 of the FOG2 Digital League . . .

Aetius39 - CA, LA, EMA, B, TE
ahuyton - B, TE
angel42052 - CA, LA, EMA
Badger73 - CA
Barrold713 - CA, LA, B
batesmotel - CA, LA, B
BishUK - EMA
Blagrot - CA, LA, EMA, B
Bluefin - CA, LA, EMA
bomber23 - CA, LA, EMA, B
Captainwaltersavage - LA, TE
carpenkm - EMA
Challenge1 - CA, LA, EMA, B
CheAhn - LA, EMA
ConstantinIX - LA, EMA
Conteshard - LA, EMA, TE
CoryC - EMA
cromlechi - CA, LA
Cunningcairn - CA, LA, EMA, B, TE
Darkwater247 - CA, LA, EMA
deeter - CA, EMA, B, TE
desertedfox - CA, LA, EMA, B
doomben - CA
Doyley50 - LA, EMA
DryNick - CA, B
DzonVejn - CA, LA
edb1815 - LA, TE
gamercb - CA, B
Garokan - CA, LA
GDod - CA, LA, TE
GeneralKostas - CA, EMA
General Shapur - CA, LA, EMA
Geoffrey.P.Smith - CA
ggarynorman - LA, EMA
grumpydaddy845 - LA, EMA
harveylh - CA, EMA, B, TE
hidde - CA, B
hscic - CA, EMA
ianiow - TE
IMC - CA, LA, EMA, B
Ironclad - CA, LA
joggy - CA, B, TE
Karvon - EMA
Kerait- CA, LA, EMA
klayeckles - CA, TE
kraff - CA, LA, EMA, B
kronenblatt - CA, EMA, B
LuciusSulla - LA, EMA
lunecastle - CA, LA
lydianed - EMA
McHarg - LA, B
Macedonczyk - EMA
Morat - LA, EMA
Morbio - CA
MorkinTheFree - CA, LA, EMA, B
mr cholo - EMA
Najanaja - CA, LA, EMA
Nijis - LA, TE
NikiforosFokas - B, TE
Nosy_Rat - CA, LA, EMA
nyczar - CA, LA, B
oscarius - CA, LA
pantherboy - EMA
paulmcneil - CA, LA, EMA, B, TE
PepeSlitherine - LA
phoyle3290 - LA
pompeytheflatulent - B
Questar17 - CA, LA
random27 - CA, LA, EMA, B
Rob123 - CA, LA, EMA, B
rs2excelsior - CA, EMA
sarmation - LA, B, TE
SawyerK - CA, LA, B
schmolywar - LA, B
Sennacherib - CA, EMA
SLancaster - CA, LA
snooky51 - CA, LA, EMA, TE
Snugglebunnies - EMA, B
SSB - CA, LA, EMA, B
Stew101 - CA, EMA
sunnyboy - LA, EMA
Supervark - LA
telesien - CA, LA
tmac11 - CA, B
TomoeGozen - CA, LA, EMA, TE
toska- LA, EMA
Tratmot - CA, LA, EMA, TE
Tresantes - CA
Triarii - CA, LA, EMA,TE
Trogilus - CA
ulysisgrunt - CA, LA, EMA, B
Warg1 - CA, LA, EMA, B
wellsonian - LA, EMA
wmpryor - EMA, B
XLegione - EMA, B

(95)

Players shown in bold type are new to the FOG2DL.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:28 am

A really good first day of recruitment has seen over 60 players sign up already for this season's tournament. The new Biblical format seems to be popular and there are only 5 places left at the time of writing. There is a slightly odd situation in the Themed Event where we have 8 players registered so far and 5 provisional registrations. Three of those five players have asked to play in a fifth section if there is room. I need to wait and see how many players do sign up - I guess it is going to be roughly the same as last time - so that everyone gets a chance to play in something. Ideally, we would have enough players for two pools, but I am not sure if we will be able to recruit that many players. But if we get to twelve quite quickly then I will OK the five provisional registrations to give us a chance of getting up to twenty four players.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:09 am

Classical Antiquity and Biblical are already full and we are only 2 places away from filling the first pool of the Themed Event. That is really excellent in just 2 days. We have 46 players for Late Antiquity so far and 41 for Early Middle Ages so there are still plenty of vacancies in these sections. We can accommodate up to 60 players, but I think I will need to say that once we reach 50 further recruitment will be provisional until we reach 56 players. If we get up to that number then I will open up the sixth division and recruitment can stay open beyond the opening date of the tournament if necessary. It also looks like we have a very good shout at getting two pools for the Themed Event for the first time since Season 1.

I am expecting more players to sign up over the weekend and more again when I send the reminder invitation out early next week. And then we usually get more players approaching as the tournament gets underway.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:50 am

We are now up to ninety-one players, just one below the record set last season . . .

Previous seasons players entered
Season 8 - 92
Season 7 - 67
Season 6 - 65
Season 5 - 60
Season 4 - 69
Season 3 - 57
Season 2 - 69
Season 1 - 82

The Themed Event is now full and we will be running two pools for the first time since Season 1. Late Antiquity has one place remaining which will be snapped up today, I'm sure. With Early Middle Ages, we definitely have enough for five divisions already. I really would like to get a sixth division again, but recruitment is currently provisional until we reach fifty-six players. Once we get to fifty-six then I will definitely open up the sixth division. I am fairly confident we will be able to do that as I have not even had to send out the reminder invitation PM yet and we are already nearly full! Plus we always get a group of players showing interest just as the tournament gets underway. So it is definitely worth putting your name down if you are interested in Early Middle Ages.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:30 am

The tournament is now full and we have signed up a record 96 players for this season. My thanks to everyone who has mentioned the FOG2DL to other players and encouraged them to join. There are still some reserve places left, but even those are filling up quite quickly. I will put up the divisional line-up for Early Middle Ages later today and then the next job will be to allocate everyone their armies. I will put a separate post up about this but I would like them by the end of Friday so I can do that job over the weekend.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:56 am

I have sent out the individual "Welcome to the FOG2DL" messages by PM to everyone this morning. I will put up the "Arrange your matches here" and "Winner post your results here" threads shortly (they will be opened on October 1st). All the charts and tables are just about done as well. So that just leaves me to post up the fixture lists for Biblical and Themed Event tomorrow. Then we will be ready to go.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:21 am

A couple of players have notified me they will be away for a short while in the first half of the tournament. Badger73, who is playing in Classical Antiquity Division F, will be away between 29/10 and 2/11; and Darkwater247, who is playing in Classical Antiquity Division F, Late Antiquity Division F and Early Middle Ages Division F will be away between 2/10 and 11/10.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:20 am

Just 7 players are yet to open their "Welcome" PM (and all the new players have done so) so it looks like we are off to a pretty good start this season. I hope everything is clear in the instructions as there is quite a bit of new stuff this season. Any problems please let me know.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:23 am

The first Sunday round-up will be next week on Sunday October 11th. There are just 2 players to open their "Welcome" PM message - PepeSlitherine and sunnyboy. If you are in touch with either of them please let them know that we have started. Remember Darkwater247 is away for the next week or so.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:57 am

We are still waiting for sunnyboy to open his "Welcome PM". I will give him a little bit longer to make contact as I know his job can prevent him from playing for short periods.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Tournament news and diary . . .

Post by stockwellpete » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:14 am

I have still not heard from sunnyboy and the "Welcome" PM I sent to him on 29/9 remains unopened. It seems that he has not visited the forum since 23/9. I know that he does an important job in relation to tackling Covid but I cannot let this situation drift on indefinitely. So the deadline for him will be this Sunday, around lunchtime after I have completed the first Sunday round-up. If I have not heard from him by then I will replace him in the tournament. He has entered Late Antiquity Division A and Early Middle Ages Division B. The two reserves first in line to replace him are Morbio (LA) and lydianed (EMA).

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:54 am

I will be doing the first full Sunday round-up this weekend with league tables and charts.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Tournament news and diary . . .

Post by stockwellpete » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:18 pm

sunnyboy has been in contact and still wants to play so there will be no change to the divisional lists in Late Antiquity Division A and Early Middle Ages Division B.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:45 pm

Darkwater247, who is playing in Classical Antiquity Division F, Late Antiquity Division F and Early Middle Ages Division F should be back now to start his matches.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:05 pm

DanZanzibar has withdrawn from the tournament. His place in Early Middle Ages Division B has been offered to lydianed. I will replace him in Classical Antiquity Division B as soon as I can.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:14 pm

lydianed has accepted the place in Early Middle Ages Division B and is currently choosing his army. The vacancy in Classical Antiquity Division B has been offered to Morbio.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:43 am

Morbio has accepted the place in Classical Antiquity Division B and is currently choosing his army.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

First Time Control check is on Sunday 25th October . . .

Post by stockwellpete » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:05 am

For the first Time Control check players are asked to complete one match in each section they have entered in the tournament. Players who have entered the Themed Event are exempt from this check as those matches take priority. There are also a couple of players who notified me that they would be away in the first few weeks of the season so they will get a pass too.

The second Time Control check is 2 weeks later on Sunday 8th November where players are required to have completed 3 matches in each section they have entered.

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”