The Dustbin

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

mr cholo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: End of Season 10 report . . .

Post by mr cholo »

Enhorabuena Pete! Thanks for your excelent work!
ericdoman1
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by ericdoman1 »

Thanks very much Pete. Good to see us "Ancients" still playing:)
oscarius
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by oscarius »

An amazing tournament. Great respect to you and the team for setting all this up.
hscic
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by hscic »

Grazie infinite Pete. See you next season.
Cheers
G
sivispacem
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by sivispacem »

Thank you Pete, i'll be there for season 11. Great job.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Historical match-ups for Biblical Season 11 . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

As previously indicated, the Biblical section will now alternate between historical match-ups and players choosing their own armies. So for Season 11 the mirror matches will consist of some new historical match-ups. I have come up with these five for consideration. The first pairing is based on a conflict about 60 years before the dates of the army lists, but I think it is still OK and I feel the Arab "civil war" one will work OK as I guess most players will not have used this army at all, so a couple of battles each with it might be interesting. I have not picked a Thracian match-up and they may be another possibility for a "civil war" battle in a subsequent season.

Assyrian 681-609BC v Urartian 685-585 BC (Conquest of Urartu 745 BC)
Arab 1000-313 BC v Arab 1000-313 BC (Awsan v Saba 700-600 BC)
Phoenician 681-539 BC v Babylonian 626-539BC (Phoenician revolts 626-605 BC)
Cypriot 680-550 BC v Egyptian 570-525 BC (Conquest of Cyprus 570 BC)
Achaemenid Persian 553-546 BC v Median 626-550 BC (Fall of Mede 553-550 BC)

These were the match-ups used in Season 9 . . .

Egyptian 664-571BC v Kushite 727-656BC (Invasion of Lower Egypt 664BC)
Median 836-627BC v Skythian 750-551BC (Skythian invasion 653BC)
Greek 680-461BC v Lydian 687-551BC (Campaign 615BC)
Assyrian 681-609BC v Babylonian 626-539BC with Median allies (Fall of Assyria 613BC)
Indian 500BC-319AD v Persian 545-481BC (Persian invasion 518-516BC)

If are likely to be entering Biblical in Season 11 and you can think of something more interesting then please let me know. :wink:
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Themed Event Season 11 . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

This is going to have a medieval theme using the base game for FOG2 Medieval. All pairings will be mirror matches.

Group stage (players will get 2 of these 3 match-ups)
1. English 1155-1271 v Irish 1131-1259 (Invasion Of Ireland 1170)
2. Danish 1200-1319 v Free Canton 1200-1319 (War with Dithmarschen 1219)
3. Polish 1200-1319 v Mongol (Europe) 1223-1241 (Invasion of Poland 1240)

Semi-finals
4. Tinchebrai 1106 scenario from the Feudal North official set

Final
5. Bouvines 1214 scenario from the Feudal North official set

If you are likely to enter the Themed Event and want to suggest alternative matches then please do so. I do want to keep the mix of players choosing their own armies (group stage) and using official scenarios (knock-out stage) though, and Bouvines 1214 will definitely be the final.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Does anyone know DarkOmen or Tirean?

Post by stockwellpete »

If you have not entered the FOG2DL before then please put your name down in this thread if you are a reliable player who visits the forum regularly, and are available to play from June 1st through to mid-August. Invitations will go out on Monday 17th May.

I have already been contacted by the following players . . .

DarkOmen
Giacofa93
ilpars
Infinitude
Jack-3kBattery
rexhurley (returning player)
TaBai
Tirean
bomber23
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: If you have never entered the FOG2 Digital League before . . .

Post by bomber23 »

I have been waiting for 4 days for the initial setup by my opponent Rab with no luck i think he is a no show !!!
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

bomber23 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:29 pm I have been waiting for 4 days for the initial setup by my opponent Rab with no luck i think he is a no show !!!
It is not a FOG2DL game that you are referring to. Please contact the organisers of your tournament.
MARVIN_THE_ARVN
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by MARVIN_THE_ARVN »

Pete, thanks for running the league, tis was good fun.
"I'll gladly trade you some ARVN rifles, never been fired and only dropped once"
deeter
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: The Dustbin

Post by deeter »

This is an auspicious page number!

Deeter
DarkOmen
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by DarkOmen »

My name (or moniker on here) is DarkOmen..some may have known me as GrudgeBringer (I had some computer problems and Slitherine made me change my name to get back on for some reason)...I would need to be brought up to speed on rules/timeframe of moves, etc. I am dependable, but I really am very new to the game so I may not be that competitive..but I AM dependable. my email address for games is sfyke@kc.rr.com. Thank you and let me know. I may be out quickly and need some explanations, but I won't quit on you.

PM sent 4/5
DarkOmen

Re: Rules of Competition for Season 10 . . .

Post by DarkOmen »

Understood and I AM in..Classical Antiquity is my choice..if you have a form to fill out let me know where to get it...I take it it is the Fog 1 battles. Will these be the preset campaigns but with our preference of terrain and troops? I would take it you would use the SAME army thru out the tournament...in the battles I have played, there are times you have to take troops off the field, or can add troops... would suppose this is a moot point and not available here...If there is a sign in app or sign in page, please let me know and i will be in today...You know me..I will be the first there and the last to leave..no one will have to wait to play me...lol!! And THANKS for thinking of me and allowing me to play!!!
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

DarkOmen wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:48 pm Understood and I AM in..Classical Antiquity is my choice..if you have a form to fill out let me know where to get it...I take it it is the Fog 1 battles. Will these be the preset campaigns but with our preference of terrain and troops? I would take it you would use the SAME army thru out the tournament...in the battles I have played, there are times you have to take troops off the field, or can add troops... would suppose this is a moot point and not available here...If there is a sign in app or sign in page, please let me know and i will be in today...You know me..I will be the first there and the last to leave..no one will have to wait to play me...lol!! And THANKS for thinking of me and allowing me to play!!!
Recruitment does not open until Monday 17th May and I will send you an invitation then. :wink: There is no form to fill in as such, I just open the recruitment threads and players post their names in them. It is not FOG1 though, it is FOG2. If you enter Classical Antiquity you are required to choose 4 armies (from different nations) and you get allocated just one of them to use for your 9 matches. The battles use Pot Luck terrain and all units are on the battlefield at the start. The best thing to do for the next 2 weeks until recruitment opens is to work out which are your 4 favourite armies for Classical Antiquity. Maybe get a few practice matches in against other players. :wink:
DarkOmen

Post by DarkOmen »

Yes..I have been playing the Campaigns in Fog 2 without the DLC Persia...Thank you..I didn't know if I had to stick with 1 faction throughout the games...If i am correct you need not answer...say I chose Rome Phyrric Brits Carthage I will be assigned 1 out of those 4 and will have to play that 1 thru out. Wow..OK. So, don't put them necessarily in the order you want...lol. I promise you, I will NOT chose Rome I do take it these are Classic Antiquity no need to respond if they are..Just want to make sure I am playing the Era I have been playing...Thanks for setting this up..rules are well thought out and VERY fair...Good Luck to us all...BTW..Enaken E-mailed me. He is home, didn't know if you knew that and if he knew about the tournament...
TaBai

Post by TaBai »

Hello stockwellpete, I think I have time to play from June to August.May I ask if I enter High Middle Ages section,the armies of Reconquista DLC can be choosed for the matches?
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

TaBai wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:50 am Hello stockwellpete, I think I have time to play from June to August.May I ask if I enter High Middle Ages section,the armies of Reconquista DLC can be choosed for the matches?
OK, I will send you an invitation on May 17th. :wink:
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

DarkOmen wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:34 pm Yes..I have been playing the Campaigns in Fog 2 without the DLC Persia...Thank you..I didn't know if I had to stick with 1 faction throughout the games...If i am correct you need not answer...say I chose Rome Phyrric Brits Carthage I will be assigned 1 out of those 4 and will have to play that 1 thru out. Wow..OK. So, don't put them necessarily in the order you want...lol. I promise you, I will NOT chose Rome I do take it these are Classic Antiquity no need to respond if they are..Just want to make sure I am playing the Era I have been playing...Thanks for setting this up..rules are well thought out and VERY fair...Good Luck to us all...BTW..Enaken E-mailed me. He is home, didn't know if you knew that and if he knew about the tournament...
Yes, you have understood correctly. If Enaken wants an invitation he just needs to contact me in the same way that you have done. :wink:
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

A belated thanks Pete. Always a pleasure to participate in DL.

Karvon
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”