The Dustbin

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Late Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

LA charts a-c.png
LA charts a-c.png (114.15 KiB) Viewed 759 times
LA charts d-f.png
LA charts d-f.png (118.1 KiB) Viewed 759 times
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Any questions?

Post by stockwellpete »

Holien wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:40 am
Maybe English is not his native language and it is too nuanced?

Perhaps if they had been able to chat about it?

:wink:
I think you will find that players who can type,"I don't known about this terrain. I might wanna redo this" are fairly fluent in English. And it seems that they were already chatting. :wink:
mh5064
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by mh5064 »

stockwellpete wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:52 am
mh5064 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:08 pm Hi,

player Lunarfoxx in Classical Antiquity, Division F invoking rule 4 has arbitrarily canceled the battle because it is unfavorable to him.("Rule 4 Match Players may agree to re-start a match within the first three turns if they believe the terrain is likely to produce a sterile match or a draw. The maximum number of re-starts permitted for a single match is two.")
Without having agreed on the thing and without having responded positively. I quote his exact words "I don't known about this terrain. I might wanna redo this" and then "I'll set up the new match. gonna redo it within the 3 turns cuz of terrain".
But the ground was fine for me and certainly would not have produced a drawn or sterile game.
He also benefits from having seen the composition of my army.
I wanted to ask a question about this:
Is this kind of attitude regular?
Thanks

Cheers
I hope it is not, because it is against the rule. Rule 4 is quite clear . . .

"Players may agree to re-start a match within the first three turns if they believe the terrain is likely to produce a sterile match or a draw. The maximum number of re-starts permitted for a single match is two."

The key word here is "agree". What I can do is pass the match to our adjudication panel, if you so wish. Please let me know.

I don't want anything and I don't like to win based on judgment.
I reported the event and I believe that the decision is up to the organizers not to the individual participant and I stick to their decisions.
I asked to know what the procedure was in case of violation of the rules.
But remember that if someone violates a rule and does not enforce it, I think this causes prejudice and creates an exception for the next time.

I wanted to clarify whether he had understood the English or not that lunarfoxx is from Rochester NY so...
I had also contacted him with a pm but no answer...
RULE 4 is clear "Match - Players may agree to re-start a match within the first three turns if they believe the terrain is likely to produce a sterile match or a draw. The maximum number of re-starts permitted for a single match is two."
the meaning of "players may agree to re-start a match..." is not like "a player who can unilaterally re-start a match..."
and only "if they believe the terrain is likely to produce a sterile match or a draw" not cause you do not like the map!

Cheers
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

mh5064 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:35 am I don't want anything and I don't like to win based on judgment.
I reported the event and I believe that the decision is up to the organizers not to the individual participant and I stick to their decisions.
But remember that if someone violates a rule and does not enforce it, I think this causes prejudice and creates an exception for the next time.

I wanted to clarify whether he had understood the English or not that lunarfoxx is from Rochester NY so...

Cheers
If I can refer you to the last sentence of Rule 1 which states,

"Any eventuality not covered by these rules will be subject to adjudication by the organisers. The adjudication panel currently consists of ianiow (Ian), hidde (Anders) and stockwellpete (Pete)."

So if you feel that you are at a disadvantage in this newly set-up match then we can adjudicate. But you seem to be saying that you do not want to follow this route - "I don't want anything and I don't like to win based on judgment.", in which case you should continue with the match and I will explain the rule again to LunarFoxx, so there is no repetition.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

EMA tables a-d.png
EMA tables a-d.png (98.42 KiB) Viewed 754 times
EMA tables e-f.png
EMA tables e-f.png (55.89 KiB) Viewed 754 times
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

Weekly round-up
tyronec (Dailami) is the early leader in Division A with 3 straight wins, followed by harveylh (Irish), who has won his first 2 matches. Nosy_Rat (Viking Ireland) has also opened with a win. The joint leaders in Division B, Karvon (Dailami) and Questar17 (British) shared a score-draw in the week, in what could turn out to be a 2-horse race. Giacofa93 (Viking Ireland) is starting to impose himself on Division C with 4 wins from 5 starts. Nearest challenger currently is random27 (Navarrese) with 3 wins from 4. Swuul (British) has started briskly in Division D with 4 straight wins to lead by 5 points from Barrold713 (Anglo-Danish). The only other unbeaten player in the division is sivispacem (Andalusian) who has started with a win and a draw. A quiet week in Division E has seen the top 2 positions unchanged, but Darkwater247 has moved into third with 3 wins from 4 matches. Hari72 (Frankish) has stretched out his lead to 7 points at the top of Division F. His main challenger is likely to be shane30 (Arab Conquest) who has started with 3 straight wins and they still have to play each other.

Unbeaten runs of 3 matches or more
tyronec (Division A) 3 matches
Karvon (Division B) 3 matches
Questar17 (Division B) 3 matches
Giacofa93 (Division C) 3 matches
random27 (Division C) 3 matches
Swuul (Division D) 4 matches
Tratmot (Division E) 4 matches
Hari72 (Division F) 4 matches
shane30 (Division F) 3 matches

Match completion rate (45 matches in total to be played in each division)
Division A - 9 out of 45 matches completed
Division B - 13 out of 45 matches completed
Division C - 16 out of 45 matches completed
Division D - 15 out of 45 matches completed
Division E - 19 out of 45 matches completed
Division F - 29 out of 45 matches completed

Division A is slow, otherwise these are good match completion rates.

Player of the Week: Swuul (Division D) who has extended his winning run to 4 matches. :D
mh5064

Post by mh5064 »

stockwellpete wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:43 am
mh5064 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:35 am I don't want anything and I don't like to win based on judgment.

Cheers
If I can refer you to the last sentence of Rule 1 which states,

"Any eventuality not covered by these rules will be subject to adjudication by the organisers. The adjudication panel currently consists of ianiow (Ian), hidde (Anders) and stockwellpete (Pete)."

So if you feel that you are at a disadvantage in this newly set-up match then we can adjudicate. But you seem to be saying that you do not want to follow this route - "I don't want anything and I don't like to win based on judgment.", in which case you should continue with the match and I will explain the rule again to LunarFoxx, so there is no repetition.
Well I'll replay the match that's my decision!
Holien

Post by Holien »

As I have never seen this before, can a player unilaterally end a game with the system?

I thought I had seen a feature to end a game that was abandoned but I thought there was a time limit to allow the other player to respond?

If the original game / map is still available could that be continued? (from the way the message is written it seems that is not possible...)

Either way some bad blood has been created and lunarfoxx should not have done it without your agreement. The fact that he might or might not live in Upstate NY, that he might be a native english American speaker is neither here or there and even if he can type well he seems to have missed the key phrase "players may agree"

Useful rule to know about - who reads rules... :)
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Early Middle Ages: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

EMA charts a-c.png
EMA charts a-c.png (115.84 KiB) Viewed 733 times
EMA charts d-f.png
EMA charts d-f.png (119.2 KiB) Viewed 733 times
Dreddradish
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Dreddradish »

Division C

Dreddradish (Kyrenean) defeats GDod (Thracian) 60-33
Dreddradish
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Dreddradish »

Division C

Dreddradish (Kyrenean) defeats Garokan (Carthaginian) 49-10
Blagrot
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Themed Event: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Blagrot »

Pool B Group 2

Blagrot (Greek 460-281 BC) beat iandavidsmith (Syracusan 412-281 BC) 62%-51%

A tight game this one, I tried to smash the Syracusan centre quickly while holding my flanks on hills coveredd by cheaper troops, sadly the hill didn't let one collection of raw hoplites hold for long and that flank collapsed, especially after a rampage by a battered cav unit that took it through 3 units flanks. The steady swing outwards of veteran hoplites and the return of some victorious cavalry of my own secured the win however. Thanks for the games.

(3-1)

Latest standings
1. Blagrot P4-13pts
2. Tratmot P3-6pts
3. iandavidsmith P3-1pt

Blagrot qualifies for the semi-finals.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Late Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by devoncop »

Division B

devoncop (Parthian 250-225AD with Saka 300BC-50AD Allies) drew with lunecastle Ancient British 60BC to 80AD with Roman allies 30 to 31%

With the map showing a heavily wooded and hilly right flank and more dotted woods and hills on the Parthian left the now demoted Parthian in-bred buffoon C-in C elected to back up his skirmishers on the right with four units of the finest cataphracts. Inevitably these found themselves faced with every warband ever created on turn one and one of the heavily armoured snail like Cataphracts was ignominiously torn to shreds in the forest whilst the others, throwing light infantry behind them just barely escaped west as the British trap was closing. Fortunately some over aggressive British Cavalry had also taken one too many Shredded Wheat that morning and was able to be cut off and isolated in the south and west as the Parthian rabble fled west across a more open area in the centre.

Night fell with most of the British and Roman foot having been thankfully unengaged and still heading west and on the last turn the Parthians grabbed the scoring draw with a chariot and Roman Lancer surrounded in the far west.

Thanks to my friendly and courteous opponent for a truly head scratching contest in which we both at least emerged with some tangible reward !

(2-2)
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Biblical: winners post your results here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

B tables a-f.png
B tables a-f.png (94.88 KiB) Viewed 735 times
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Biblical: winners post your results here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

Weekly round-up
Snugglebunnies is the front runner in Division A, just 2 points ahead of XLegione who has 2 matches in hand. A good week for "The Captain" in Division B where 3 wins has seen him move to the top of the table to lead BobGanoush by 4 points, with a game in hand as well. The relegation battle in this division is going to be very tight with ray552 currently in bottom place with 2 wins from 6 starts. Another quiet week in Division C where Holien still leads, whereas in Division D Badger73 has moved into the lead with 2 wins to lead sarmation by 3 points. sarmation has 2 matches in hand though. And in Division E olddog52 has now won 8 matches in a row to leave gamercb as the only player who can deny him automatic promotion and prevent him from completing a clean sweep.

Captainwaltersavage (Division B) 5 matches
Holien (Division C) 3 matches
Badger73 (Division D) 3 matches
sarmation (Division D) 4 matches
olddog52 (Division E) 8 matches

Match completion rate (30 matches in total to be played in each division)
Division A - 7 out of 30 matches completed
Division B - 21 out of 30 matches completed
Division C - 6 out of 30 matches completed
Division D - 12 out of 30 matches completed
Division E - 12 out of 30 matches completed

Divisions A and C are slow, otherwise there are good match completion rates.

Player of the Week: olddog52 (Division E) again, who now has a winning sequence of 8 matches. :D
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Classical Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by devoncop »

Division C

devoncop - Indo-Skythian 95 BC-50 AD (1600) challenges Dreddradish - Kyrenean Greek 460-322 BC with Carthaginian 340-281 BC allies

Password : devoncop2

PM sent
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Biblical: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

B charts a-f.png
B charts a-f.png (90.6 KiB) Viewed 736 times
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: High Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

HMA tables a-d.png
HMA tables a-d.png (100.48 KiB) Viewed 936 times
HMA tables e-f.png
HMA tables e-f.png (45.66 KiB) Viewed 936 times
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: High Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

Weekly round-up
ericdoman1 (Mongol Ilkhanid) is the leader in Division A, but he has only 2 wins from 5 starts. harveylh (Italo-Norman) is just 1 point behind with 2 games in hand. The other unbeaten players are CyberHetman (Ghurid) and tyronec (Aeagonese), who have both won their opening match. Lots of activity in Division B where it looks like being a 2-horse race now between the 2 remaining unbeaten playerss, leader Captainwaltersavage (Portuguese) and second placed TaBai (Mongol Ilkhanid). GDod (Andalusian) has had a good week and now has 5 wins from 6 starts. His main challenger could turn out to be Marvin_The_Arvn (Castilian) who has started with a win. Captain Punka (German) still leads Lynx57 (also German) by 1 point in Division D, but he has now finished his matches. Kerait (Ghurid) and Blagrot (Berber Murabit) have both started very well and both have won their opening 4 matches and I think one of them will take the automatic promotion place. Rosedelio (Ghurid) has finished his matches to end on a very impressive 33 points. However, the 1 match he narrowly lost was to second-placed Quivis (German), who now needs 6 points from his last 2 matches (against gort7078 and heidipie) to take the automatic promotion place

Captainwaltersavage (Division B) 5 matches
TaBai (Division B) 4 matches
GDod (Division C) 4 matches
Barrold713 (Division D) 4 matches
Blagrot (Division D) 4 matches
Kerait (Division D) 4 matches
gort7078 (Division E) 3 matches
looping (Division E) 3 matches
Quivis (Division E) 7 matches
Rosedelio (Division E) 3 matches and finished

Match completion rate (45 matches in total to be played in each division)
Division A - 14 out of 45 matches completed
Division B - 22 out of 45 matches completed
Division C - 17 out of 45 matches completed
Division D - 31 out of 45 matches completed
Division E - 31 out of 45 matches completed

These are very good match completion rates.

Player of the Week: Captainwaltersavage (Division B) who has extended his unbeaten run to 5 matches. :D
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: High Middle Ages: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

HMA charts a-c.png
HMA charts a-c.png (117.43 KiB) Viewed 755 times
HMA charts d-f.png
HMA charts d-f.png (99.7 KiB) Viewed 755 times

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”