The Dustbin

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

youngr
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Biblical: winners post your results here . . .

Post by youngr » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:26 pm

Division A

youngr (Syracusan) drew with harveylh (Persian) 54-52

A hard fought battle with massed spear trying to winkle out Persian archers stacked up on rough hills and woods

(2-2)

youngr

Re: Biblical: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by youngr » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:40 pm

Division A

youngr (Cypriots) challenges nyczar (Lydian), password is "shield". PM sent

GeneralKostas
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Multi-player lobby check 19/6

Post by GeneralKostas » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:45 pm

Hello,

I and uneducated are already playing our match. I issued the challenge on June 6th.
Last edited by GeneralKostas on Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:46 pm

GeneralKostas wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:45 pm
Hello,

I and uneducated are already playing our match
OK thanks. :wink:

MikeMarchant
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by MikeMarchant » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:28 pm

My game with uneducated is now underway. I had missed it, though, so thanks for the heads-up, Pete.

Best Wishes

Mike

DzonVejn
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by DzonVejn » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:29 pm

Division C

Dzon Vejn (indian) beat paulmcneil (thracian) 62-47

Cunningcairn
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Classical Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by Cunningcairn » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:55 pm

Div A

Challenges posted for

XLegione - Seleucid 166-125 BC
Triarii - Carthaginian, Hannibal in Africa 202 BC

PW your username in lower case

PM sent

devoncop
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Late Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by devoncop » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:28 am

Division B

devoncop (Jewish Revolt) beat DzonVejn (bretons) 62% to 47% with only a turn left......

Great game of high mobility

Thanks to my opponent.

Tresantes
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Tresantes » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:28 am

Division D

Tresantes (Pyrrhic) defeats General Kostas (Greek) 44-11

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: The first Time Control check is next Sunday June 23rd . . .

Post by stockwellpete » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:50 am

Things are looking very good for the first Time Control check. A couple of players have had holidays in the first weeks of the tournament and they have matches under way now. I just have one more group PM to send out, but it doesn't look like we will be losing anyone at this stage. :D

Karvon
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here

Post by Karvon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:52 am

Div C

Karvon - Arab (Bedouin) 300-636 AD (Sassanid Persian 350-476 AD allies) defeated desertedfox - Byzantine 988-1041 AD (no allies) 58-33 for a score of 4-0

Arabs hid infantry, elephants and one wing of lancers in and behind a large forest on our left. The rest of our horse formed up in a line extending for the edge of the forest to our right. The Byzantines had a large number of spear/bow infantry drawn up in a long line across the center supported by a few horse divided on the wings. We slowly refused our center and right drawing the Byzantine line onward till it was parallel with the forest. We then unleashed our lancers who swept around the forest scattering opposing skirmishers and horse before flanking the main Byzantine line. On the far right our lancers eventually overcame and routed most of the opposing horse but most pursued off the field and never returned. On the threshold of victory, we made a very careless and costly attack with one elephant that got it flanked and broken, which rattled several neighboring infantry. Fortunately the tide proved too strong and the Byzantines folded before that could be exploited.

Karvon

General Shapur
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by General Shapur » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:12 am

Division C

General Shapur - Ghaznavid 962-1187 AD (no allies) defeats desertedfox - Byzantine 988-1041 AD (no allies) 62-55

Very close game - thanks.
Pete

(3-1)
Look back over the past, with its changing empires that rose and fell, and you can foresee the future, too. M.A.

KiFi
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by KiFi » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:06 am

Division D

KiFi (Macedonian) beat GeneralKostas (Greek) 46-20

A hard fought match by the Greeks. Thanks for the game General.

KiFi

Rob123
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Early Middle Ages: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by Rob123 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:11 am

Division C

Rob123 Indian 320-545AD challenges edb1815 Arab North African 1000-1160AD (Byzantine 988 -1041AD allies)

Password 1815 PM sent

General Shapur

Post by General Shapur » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:14 pm

Division D

General Shapur - Kingdom of Soissons 461-486 AD defeats SawyerK - Ptolemaic 55-30 BC : 66 - 55

In a very tough game that could have gone either way. Thanks for a superb match.

(3-1)
Look back over the past, with its changing empires that rose and fell, and you can foresee the future, too. M.A.

General Shapur

Post by General Shapur » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:36 pm

Division D

General Shapur -Indian %00 BC - 319 AD defeats MikeMarchant - Roman 105-25 BC 64-42

Thanks for the game. One of the most dramatic mid game reversals ive seen. I think I was 1% away from collapse when a fair few units (including all my elephants) rallied giving me the breathing space to flank a number of legions. The rally trumpet was blowing hard for me in this battle.

MikeMarchant

Post by MikeMarchant » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:01 pm

General Shapur wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:36 pm
Division D

General Shapur -Indian %00 BC - 319 AD defeats MikeMarchant - Roman 105-25 BC 64-42

Thanks for the game. One of the most dramatic mid game reversals ive seen. I think I was 1% away from collapse when a fair few units (including all my elephants) rallied giving me the breathing space to flank a number of legions. The rally trumpet was blowing hard for me in this battle.
I've never known a battle like it. Once the legions got stuck in it was a slaughter, as you'd expect. The enemy were in full rout, just 1% away from losing the battle. And then in the space of two turns broken units rallied to Disrupted and my legionaries, still in melee with the few remaining Indians, were completely surrounded and being attacked in the rear. Mars definitiely abandoned us in this one.

Well done, general Shapur, a great victoy.

DzonVejn
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by DzonVejn » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:35 pm

Division B

Dzon Vejn (Bretons) beat Rexhurley (Numidians) 57-32

Karvon

Post by Karvon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:02 pm

Div C

Karvon - Arab (Bedouin) 300-636 AD (Sassanid Persian 350-476 AD allies) defeated Doyley50 - Viking 900-1049 AD] 64-51 for a score of 3-1.

Battle took place in the foothills of a mountains which walled off the right flank of the Arab deployment area, but featured a very narrow pass providing access to open meadows beyond. Some broken rolling hills extended across across the deployment area as well as a couple of small woods which provided a few places to hide troops. a small pond divided the center from the left zones of the Arab side and small bog on the other side of meadows fell on the extreme left flank. The Vikings had two large forests on either side of their center effectively covering their flanks.

We deployed our light foot along the edges of a small wood on our left and hid our Beduin foot in the trees behind them. Our elephants we hid behind the foot on our left as well. One wing of lancers we hid behind hills on the far left. Another wing of lancers was hidden in the mountain valley on our right supported by a smaller group of cataphracts. The rest of the lancers were deployed in the center with light lancers thrown out ahead in a skirmish line.

The Vikings deployed in a traditional shieldwall between the two forests. Huscarls formed the center of the wall and the lesser warriors formed up on the flanks and a few were positioned in a second line for support. A few lights formed a skirmish line ahead of the shieldwall.

My plan was to attract the VIking line to engage my center lancers then envelope the line on the left with some lancers supported by infantry and elephants and on the right with my lancers and cataphracts coming thru the pass behind him, or out of the valley on to his flank, depending on which direction he moved.

Naturally, things didn't exactly go according to plan. Things did start well with my light lancers running down and dispatching most of his archers. But As my left wing advanced, the Vikings wheeled and trudged to counter. More alarming, Mounted huscarls trotted out of the woods, and with supported by a couple of surviving archers and some shieldwall warriors, destroying or driving off my opposing lancers. My foot swerved into the bog on the extreme left for refuge and the elephants rumbled forward to deal with mounted huscarls. Alas, they got tangled up fighting the shieldwall as the huscarls evaded out of reach. In short order the elephants were routed, leaving the foot to face the onrushing shieldwall alone. In the meantime the central lancers had been slowly falling back to avoid getting entangled. On the far right, our march through the mountains paid off as the lancers were able to encircle and destroy several second line shieldwall groups which had been weakened by harassing charges of the light lancers.

The shieldwall and some mounted huscarls bravely slogged into the bog to engage the waiting Bedouin foot. This proved to be their undoing. In a long hard fight those Vikings wore out and broke. The other half of the shieldwall got into a pushing and shoving match with my lancers. We did lose a few lancers, but broke a few of the lesser warriors and held the surviving huscarls at bay long enough for the flanking force to arrive and chase off the last of the archers and destroy enough of the lesser shieldwall warriors to break the army.

Those huscarls are tough. Oh and yeah there was a beserker group that got sacrificed to kill my elephants. It broke and my elephant pursued into dangerous quarters.

A challenging match.

Karvon

(3-1)

devoncop

Re: Biblical: winners post your results here . . .

Post by devoncop » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:07 pm

Division B

devoncop (Arkanians) beat MikeMUC (Assyrian 681) 40% to 5%

The heavy armour of the Arkanian hoplites combined with their offensive spears made things difficult for the Assyrians on a largely open and flat field of battle that favoured the Arkanians.

Many thanks to my opponent for the game .

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”