The Dustbin

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator
Posts: 10061
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Classical Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by stockwellpete » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:04 am

Classical Antiquity           A-B charts.jpg
Classical Antiquity A-B charts.jpg (710.43 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Classical Antiquity           C-D charts.jpg
Classical Antiquity C-D charts.jpg (712.92 KiB) Viewed 568 times

Geffalrus
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:06 pm
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Geffalrus » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:55 pm

rs2excelsior wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:18 am
I have to say, I ran across this league at the end of the last season and eagerly read all of the battle reports from you and others who took the time to describe the battle they fought. I loved what was essentially a massive collection of battle reports, and have attempted to put as much detail into my (alarmingly few!) reports on these threads myself.
Glad you've enjoyed it! :D

I think I was originally inspired by campaign reports I'd read on the forums for the Europa Barbarorum mods for Rome Total War and Medieval 2 TW. It's always a sign of a good gaming experience when people can write a good narrative of what transpired.

edb1815
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:28 pm
Location: Delaware, USA

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by edb1815 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:26 pm

Division C

edb1815 (Thracian) defeated MikeMarchant (Seleucid) 41% - 13%



Thanks to my opponent for reminding me to post the result! :)

edb1815
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:28 pm
Location: Delaware, USA

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by edb1815 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:36 pm

Division C

edb1815 (Thracian) draws with Karvon (Sarmatian) 30%-29%

The terrain with bits woods on the flanks and bits of rough terrain and trees scattered about did not favor the Sarmatian lancers. The Sarmatians won the skirmisher battle and advanced finding the Thracian center held by Antigonid allied heavy infantry and an elephant which caused some havoc. The Sarmatians then withdrew to the more open side of the field and more desultory combat occurred (Both sides trying to get at least to the 20% threshold) as night fell on the battlefield. Well played by Karvon.

(2-2)

youngr
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Posts: 461
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:10 am
Location: Presteigne

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by youngr » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:30 pm

Division A

young (Italian Hill Tribes) defeated sennacherib (Pergamene) 64-45

Cheers
Richard

Cunningcairn
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1120
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:05 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Cunningcairn » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:55 pm

Div A

Cunningcairn - Ptolemaic 55-30 BC with Roman 105-25 BC ally beat XLegione - Samnite 355-272 BC with Gallic 300-101 BC ally Won 72% to 52%

Probably the closest battle I have ever played. Both armies were completely spent and in the last few rounds both of us went to the brink of breaking and back again. I think going into the last round it was 54% to 52%. Another great contest XLegione! Thanks for the game.

(3-1)

Cunningcairn
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1120
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:05 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Re: Classical Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by Cunningcairn » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:59 pm

Div A
Cunningcairn - Ptolemaic 55-30 BC with Roman 105-25 BC ally
Challenges
Snugglebunnies - Carthaginian (Hannibal in Africa) 202 BC PW is your username in lower case
PM sent

cromlechi
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Classical Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by cromlechi » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:11 pm

Div D

cromlechi - Egyptian 405-343 BC challenges KiFi - Macedonian 320-261 BC with Greek ally pass = KiFi PM sent

SnuggleBunnies
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther
Posts: 1050
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:09 am

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by SnuggleBunnies » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:24 pm

Division A

SnuggleBunnies (Anglo-Saxon 600-870 AD with Welsh 600-1049 AD ally) draws with Triarii (Spanish 900-1049 AD with Andalusian ally)

Anglo-Saxons: 44% routed
Spanish:52% routed

Nightfall ended the battle, probably saving the Spanish army, as the remaining infantry of the two armies were about to make contact again.

GG, very exciting.

(2-2)

Cunningcairn
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1120
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:05 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Re: Biblical: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by Cunningcairn » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:05 pm

Div A
Cunningcairn - Hebrew 681-586 BC with Egyptian 664-571 BC ally
Challenges
XLegione - Achaemenid Persians 550-546 BC
harveylh - Kyrenean Greek 630-461 BC w/Libyan 549-301 BC ally
PW is your username in lower case
PM sent

Geffalrus
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:06 pm
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Geffalrus » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:06 pm

Cunningcairn wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:55 pm
Div A
Cunningcairn - Ptolemaic 55-30 BC with Roman 105-25 BC ally beat XLegione - Samnite 355-272 BC with Gallic 300-101 BC ally Won 72% to 52%

Probably the closest battle I have ever played. Both armies were completely spent and in the last few rounds both of us went to the brink of breaking and back again. I think going into the last round it was 54% to 52%. Another great contest XLegione! Thanks for the game.
SEVENTY PERCENT?!?!?!? Good lord, the site of the battle is going to be an archaeological bonanza when it gets rediscovered.

Cunningcairn
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1120
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:05 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Cunningcairn » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:11 pm

Geffalrus wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:06 pm
Cunningcairn wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:55 pm
Div A
Cunningcairn - Ptolemaic 55-30 BC with Roman 105-25 BC ally beat XLegione - Samnite 355-272 BC with Gallic 300-101 BC ally Won 72% to 52%

Probably the closest battle I have ever played. Both armies were completely spent and in the last few rounds both of us went to the brink of breaking and back again. I think going into the last round it was 54% to 52%. Another great contest XLegione! Thanks for the game.
SEVENTY PERCENT?!?!?!? Good lord, the site of the battle is going to be an archaeological bonanza when it gets rediscovered.
Ha, ha yes indeed. M army would have probably reached 80% if we'd played another round. XLegione and I seem to always end up in these battles that leave very little left at the end.

SLancaster
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:42 pm

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by SLancaster » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:44 pm

Div D

SLancaster (Indo-Greek 175BC-10AD with Indian 500BC-319AD ally) beat vakarr (Classical Thracian with Greek allies) 63% - 30%.

It was a good game and my first win with this army in the league. I haven't used the Indians before. After some manoeuvring my left hit his right flank with some force. Thracian wills crumbled in the face of spears, massed archers, elephants and tribesman from Assam. I also had a few chariots running around. Thanks for the game!

XLegione
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:54 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by XLegione » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:58 pm

Cunningcairn wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:11 pm
Geffalrus wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:06 pm
Cunningcairn wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:55 pm
Div A
Cunningcairn - Ptolemaic 55-30 BC with Roman 105-25 BC ally beat XLegione - Samnite 355-272 BC with Gallic 300-101 BC ally Won 72% to 52%

Probably the closest battle I have ever played. Both armies were completely spent and in the last few rounds both of us went to the brink of breaking and back again. I think going into the last round it was 54% to 52%. Another great contest XLegione! Thanks for the game.
SEVENTY PERCENT?!?!?!? Good lord, the site of the battle is going to be an archaeological bonanza when it gets rediscovered.
Ha, ha yes indeed. M army would have probably reached 80% if we'd played another round. XLegione and I seem to always end up in these battles that leave very little left at the end.
The samnites are very tough and resilient, it is a very fun army to play. I love this army and, above all, I like to play balanced battles, a lot of emotion and fun! Thanks Cunningcairn ;-) now we have to play in the biblical league, another bath of blood....

XLegione
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:54 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Late Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by XLegione » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:12 pm

Division B

XLegione - Arab (City) 300-633 AD with Sassanid 591-628 AD ally challenges

NikiforosFokas - Sassanid Persian 477-590 AD
paulmcneil - Ancient British 60 BC-80 AD and Roman 24 -196 AD Ally
sunnyboy - Hunnic (Western) 376-454 AD with Germanic/Gothic Horse Tribes 260-492 AD ally

PW: xlegio

PM sent

Ciao

GDod
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:26 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by GDod » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:45 pm

Division C

GDod - (Arab (Conquest) 629-637 AD) beat herm - (French 888-1049 AD with Viking 900-1049 AD ally) 57 - 31

Another slogging match after a chase!

GDod
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:26 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by GDod » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:49 pm

Division C

GDod - (Arab (Conquest) 629-637 AD) beat markwatson360 - (Frankish 751-887 AD with Viking 790 -899 AD ally) 60 - 51

Yet, another slogging match after a long chase [all that jogging practice for forced marching paid off :) ]

(3-1)

DUPLICATE RESULT (see 24/10)

Bluefin
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:41 am
Location: Anoka, MN

Re: Late Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by Bluefin » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:57 pm

Divsion D

Let's get this party started:

gamercb (Roman 313-378 AD) vs Bluefin (Alan 25-650 AD) pw - cake
Garokan (Roman 425-492 AD) vs Bluefin (Alan 25-650 AD) pw - cake

pm's sent

Good luck and I'll see each of you on the field of battle!

Corwin
aka Bluefin

Schweetness101
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:12 am

Re: Classical Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by Schweetness101 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Division D

Schweetness101- Carthaginian (Hannibal in Africa) 202 BC challenges cromlechi - Egyptian 405-343 BC, pass = "hannibal" pm sent

harveylh
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:32 pm

Re: Biblical: winners post your results here . . .

Post by harveylh » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:27 am

Division A

harveylh - Kyrenean Greek 630-461 BC with Libyan 549-301 BC ally defeats desertedfox - Egyptian 664-571 BC, 48-20

Terrain helped a lot as a small lake and steep hill secured the Greek right flank and cut the battlefield by nearly half. A much closer game than the score indicates and desertedfox played the Egyptians well. First time I have beaten the Egyptians who are definitely my favorite biblical army. Shame I probably will never be able to use them in league play. :-)

Post Reply

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”