The Dustbin

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Early Middle Ages: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

Early Middle Ages             A-B Charts.jpg
Early Middle Ages A-B Charts.jpg (743.24 KiB) Viewed 759 times
Early Middle Ages            C-D Charts.jpg
Early Middle Ages C-D Charts.jpg (725.86 KiB) Viewed 759 times
Early Middle Ages            E-F charts.jpg
Early Middle Ages E-F charts.jpg (719.88 KiB) Viewed 759 times
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Biblical: winners post your results here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

Biblical                                A-D Tables.jpg
Biblical A-D Tables.jpg (702.75 KiB) Viewed 892 times
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Weekly round-up
Everything has already been decided in Division A. In Division B we are still waiting to see if sunnyboy (Syracusan) can still take the automatic promotion place from Macedonczyk (Assyrian) by winning all his remaining matches 4-0, including a vital match with Macedonczyk himself. In Division C there were sixth wins for both SpeedyCM (Median) and sarmation (Phokian) and they have finished second and third respectively. This was a very tough division with the top 4 players all registering 6 wins each, something that may not have happened before.

Unbeaten runs of 3 matches or more
Nosy_Rat (Division A) 8 matches
Macedonczyk (Division B) 8 matches
sunnyboy (Division B) 6 matches
sarmation (Division C) 3 matches and finished
SpeedyCM (Division C) 5 matches and finished

Match completion rate (45 matches in total to be played in each division)
Division A - 43 out of 45 matches completed
Division B - 42 out of 45 matches completed
Division C - 45 out of 45 matches completed

These are very good match completion rates. :D

Player of the week
sarmation (Division C) who won his sixth match to come third in a very tough division in his first season. :D
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Biblical: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

Biblical                                 A-B Charts.jpg
Biblical A-B Charts.jpg (720.04 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Biblical                                C-D Charts.jpg
Biblical C-D Charts.jpg (561.08 KiB) Viewed 772 times
CONSTANTINIX
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by CONSTANTINIX »

Division B

ConstantinIX - Arab Conquest 638-684 AD beat Macedonczyk - Byzantine 963-987 AD with Arab, North Africa 789-999 AD allies 61-57.

A very,very close match which I saw as the final of our division so I kept it for the end. It was not disappointing, as during all the match , we were in less than a 5 percent intervall

We fought on a open map with two small hills (some forest squares on the left one) which were both in my reach at the beginning. I deployed in line in order to deny the use of the hills (on the left and right of the deployement zone) for the enemy skoutatoi
The line approach was a small mistake as my opponent attacked with numeric superiority whith his two klibanophoroi and most of his skoutatoi on my left flank. He used delaying tactics on my right where I have infantry and cavalry superiority. And I wasn't able to transfer units on the left except one more spearman and a camel to counter the flanking maneuver as I didn't kept any other unit in reserve.
Results : my left flanck with half of my almighty veteran muslim spearmen was dislocated piece by piece by flanking attacks and even two medium bowmen units hiding in the forest have to flee shamelessly . In the meantime, I won the battle on the right due to quality and numeric superiority . At middle of the game, I have still most of my cavalry , less than half of my infantry and it was the opposite for the byzantine : More than half of the skoutatoi and few cavalry units (including the two klibanophoroi) . I think I was doomed as cavalry against skoutatoi was a difficult match.
But at the end , my two remaining spearmen disbanded their infantry opponents and I gambled on a disrupted muslim cavalry lancer to whom I transfered my C-C so he could hold long enough against a klibanophoroi to be rescued by a camel and an another cavalry . The lancer hold two turns (with a 50 % loss chance) , camel and cavalry flanked the klibanophori and won the day... Honestly, A draw would have been more appropriate : Thanks for a very balanced game.

(3-1)
Tratmot
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Late Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Tratmot »

Division E

Tratmot (Roman) beat texanotedesco (Arab) 60-46
Bluefin

Post by Bluefin »

Division D

Bluefin (French) defeats baldrick52 (Indian) 67-34.

Thanks for the game!
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

ConstantinIX has won Early Middle Ages Division B!

Post by stockwellpete »

After narrowly triumphing against previously unbeaten Macedonczyk, ConstantinIX and his Arab Conquest army have completed a clean sweep to win automatic promotion from Early Middle Ages Division B. Well played ConstantinIX! :D
Barrold713
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: IMC has won Late Antiquity Division C!

Post by Barrold713 »

Congratulations Ian

Cheers

BDH
NikiforosFokas
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by NikiforosFokas »

Well done Ian
For Byzantium!!
IMC

Post by IMC »

Thanks everyone....much appreciated

Some very close games.....Lots of fun as usual.

See you all very soon!!!

Ian
sarmation
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by sarmation »

2 times player of the week u are too kind Pete i am surprised by the phokians .
Thanks again to all the players i met
ggarynorman
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by ggarynorman »

Division D

ggarynorman (Byzantine) in a desperate bid to avoid relegation beat Bluefin (French) 60-44

Thanks for the tense game
Questar17
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Questar17 »

Division B

Questar17 - Ptolemaic 166-56 BC beat XLegione (aka Stefano63) - Roman 105-25 BC with Numidian 55-6 BC allies 62:50

Tough battle vs roman legions. XLegione chose his deployment without heavy cavalry, but lots of skirmishers on both flanks didn't allow to my cavalry to do flanking manevours.

gg, thx for the game

(3-1)
Macedonczyk
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Macedonczyk »

CONSTANTINIX wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:16 pm Division B

ConstantinIX - Arab Conquest 638-684 AD beat Macedonczyk - Byzantine 963-987 AD with Arab, North Africa 789-999 AD allies 61-57.

A very,very close match which I saw as the final of our division so I kept it for the end. It was not disappointing, as during all the match , we were in less than a 5 percent intervall

We fought on a open map with two small hills (some forest squares on the left one) which were both in my reach at the beginning. I deployed in line in order to deny the use of the hills (on the left and right of the deployement zone) for the enemy skoutatoi
The line approach was a small mistake as my opponent attacked with numeric superiority whith his two klibanophoroi and most of his skoutatoi on my left flank. He used delaying tactics on my right where I have infantry and cavalry superiority. And I wasn't able to transfer units on the left except one more spearman and a camel to counter the flanking maneuver as I didn't kept any other unit in reserve.
Results : my left flanck with half of my almighty veteran muslim spearmen was dislocated piece by piece by flanking attacks and even two medium bowmen units hiding in the forest have to flee shamelessly . In the meantime, I won the battle on the right due to quality and numeric superiority . At middle of the game, I have still most of my cavalry , less than half of my infantry and it was the opposite for the byzantine : More than half of the skoutatoi and few cavalry units (including the two klibanophoroi) . I think I was doomed as cavalry against skoutatoi was a difficult match.
But at the end , my two remaining spearmen disbanded their infantry opponents and I gambled on a disrupted muslim cavalry lancer to whom I transfered my C-C so he could hold long enough against a klibanophoroi to be rescued by a camel and an another cavalry . The lancer hold two turns (with a 50 % loss chance) , camel and cavalry flanked the klibanophori and won the day... Honestly, A draw would have been more appropriate : Thanks for a very balanced game.

(3-1)
A very precise description. I can only add that in the end I made a mistake deciding to go to the back of the enemy through the forest which was cleverly blocked by skirmishes and those forces were missing in the center. Probably the my coolest game in the tournament despite the loss.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

nyczar and XLegione have tied for top place in Classical Antiquity Division B!

Post by stockwellpete »

An astonishing end to the promotion race in Classical Antiquity Division B saw XLegione (Stefano63) beaten in his last match by Questar17, but as he picked up one point for reaching the 50% enemy damage threshold it was enough to bring him level with nyczar on 30 points. The two players had drawn their fixture together 2-2. Well played to both nyczar and XLegione (Stefano63)! :D
Ludendorf
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: nyczar and XLegione have tied for top place in Classical Antiquity Division B!

Post by Ludendorf »

Well done to you both!
Nosy_Rat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Nosy_Rat »

Division A

Nosy_Rat (Cimmerians) beats XLegione (Babylonians) 63-42.
edb1815
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: FOG2DL given clean bill of health by Slitherine review . . .

Post by edb1815 »

stockwellpete wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:51 am
edb1815 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:58 pm It is also clear that at least one vocal member of this forum, who wants to see all the data, has taken the time to determine how one could game the system and reported his findings. Frankly I think that supports your reasoning for not being specific about the details of the anti-cheat system.
Reported to who? Hopefully, it was intended as a helpful gesture and was reported to Slitherine.
I believe he posted it in the forums previously and again in this thread. Yes I took it as a helpful gesture, abet one that was also a critique of the system.
sunnyboy

Post by sunnyboy »

Division B

sunnyboy (Syracusan) drew with paulmcneil (Skythian) 57-43

Thanks for the game!

(2-2)

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”