Artillery Uncontrolled, Perpetual Marching

A new title from Shenandoah Studio, the creators of Battle of the Bulge: March to Glory! Europe, beginning of the XIX century. Born from the ashes of the Ancient-Regime, the new French Empire is putting the old continent on fire, spreading the seeds of the Revolution
debtmars
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Artillery Uncontrolled, Perpetual Marching

Post by debtmars »

I posted about this in another thread regarding a campaign game on the Leipzig map playing at the hard level, but I thought it might be a good idea to post it here so the game publishers can see it easier. Here is what I posted:

"Part of the problem is caused by the inability to use the 2 starting artillery units after the first turn that start the game. There appears to be a bug on this map. The two French artillery units that start the game are located in the forest, the 6th Light and the 22nd Line. Prior to the commencment of the game, (after having disasterous results playing on this map the first time and deciding to play it again) I promoted both artillery to +2 Damage/-1 Movement and +2 Damage when Fighting in Forest. I used them both quite effectively on Turn 1. However, after the Allies attacks of Turn 1, both units were found "Marching" in place, without any orders, at the beginning of Turn 2. The 22nd Line was next to a Allies calvary attack on infantry in the forest which were next to it, but I have never seen artillery get up an run without receiving an attack. That may explain the 22nd Line's attempt to "Marching", but I can't understand why the 6th Light would do the same at the other end of the French battleline. I assume this is a bug, would someone please look into it?"

I failed to mention that after the first turn, where the problem began, I played into the 4th Turn and was unable to control the artillery....meaning they continued marching and I was unable to use them in any attacks in any of the following turns after Tuen 1.

Return to “March to Glory”