Two Multi-player games with apparent desynchronization or similar

Energisteron
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Two Multi-player games with apparent desynchronization or similar

Post by Energisteron » Sun May 24, 2020 6:33 pm

Hi Tech Support

I currently have two two-player games which have become unplayable because although in the lobby they are listed as 'ready' for me to take my turn, when I 'enter game' the game states 'waiting for other player' (to make a move).

I am still in contact with one of the players and the turn has definitely been updated from his point of view.

What has happened?

Is there any way to rescue this contest and get it going again?

Thanks in advance

Energisteron

Re: Two Multi-player games with apparent desynchronization or similar

Post by Energisteron » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:15 am

The same problem has happened twice more.

That is that a player receives a 'ready' message on the Lobby Board but once in the game that game has hung up with a message 'waiting for other player' (to make a move). So no further progress can be made.

That is now a prevalence rate of 4 from 16 games (25%)!

Since there is no PBEM option, and even trying to swap files manually does not work, and since this problem can occur at any time during the game from initial set-up to the end, I would conclude that this makes Multiplayer unplayable.

Add in the additional problem with the Lobby described by Divadov wherein games posted are not visible to other players (strangely the frequency of this error is also around 25%!), or become invisible after posting, thus making a match-up impossible, and the Multiplayer aspect of this game is so flawed that I withdraw my previous recommendation to purchase it at Sale Price and find an opponent and get playing Multiplayer.

That will remain my honest opinion until such time as I or Divadov receive a satisfactory reply.

Return to “Check Your 6!: Tech Support”