multiplayer ?

A mix of deep gameplay and rich historical flavor, Aggressors: Ancient Rome lets you relive history as the ruler of one of the mighty civilizations of the ancient Mediterranean. Choose one of twenty available factions and conquer the world.
GBoggon
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

multiplayer ?

Post by GBoggon »

This looks like a fantastic game But will it be multiplayer ?
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Re: multiplayer ?

Post by pavelk »

Hi GBoggon,
the game internally fully supports multiplayer processing. There was unfortunately no time to make the multiplayer bugfree and amount of time required for multiplayer testing is enormous. We decided to go for singleplayer for now but it is definitely something we will address in future.
GBoggon

Post by GBoggon »

Thanks for the quick feedback. Just need to know how many games I need to buy. I really am counting the days on this one. I missed getting in the Beta and I will be away for the first weeks after the release :) But apart from the multiplayer this game really ticks all the box's on my 4X bucket list I hope its as good as it looks.
GeneralKostas
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by GeneralKostas »

It is better to start playing solo at the beginning in order to understand the game mechanics and when you are ready, you will be able to try the multiplayer section. I think it is a game that need a lot of time and a lot of days in our lifes.
FlashXAron_slith
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by FlashXAron_slith »

So now the game is more interesting for me,
but before I would buy it, I need to know, what the plans are ?

WILL THAT BE A REAL MP, like "Gladius" (full Internet, somehow turns at the same time) has
or that PBEM crap Slitherine Games have normal :-( ?

Thanks
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

pavelk wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:01 pm Hi GBoggon,
the game internally fully supports multiplayer processing. There was unfortunately no time to make the multiplayer bugfree and amount of time required for multiplayer testing is enormous. We decided to go for singleplayer for now but it is definitely something we will address in future.
I suppose this means no hot seat at the present?
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

TheGrayMouser wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:51 pmI suppose this means no hot seat at the present?
We have in plan to enable hotseat, but right now it is not enabled (it needs proper testing yet).
KingJohnVI
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by KingJohnVI »

pavelk wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:54 pm
TheGrayMouser wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:51 pmI suppose this means no hot seat at the present?
We have in plan to enable hotseat, but right now it is not enabled (it needs proper testing yet).
As soon as you guys get multiplayer in this, I'll buy it. I like Slitherine games a lot, but these games are the most fun when played with others. Looking forward to it!
eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by eddieballgame »

As in the Civ series, this game is ideal for a 'Game of the Month' type challenge.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

eddieballgame wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:01 pm As in the Civ series, this game is ideal for a 'Game of the Month' type challenge.
:) we are not really there yet. But great idea!
76mm
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by 76mm »

pavelk wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:01 pm the game internally fully supports multiplayer processing...We decided to go for singleplayer for now but it is definitely something we will address in future.
I'm very interested in this game, especially MP, but after being burned with a couple of games (cough, cough WiF), am concerned that MP will never arrive, at least for the foreseeable future. I know it is hard to say, but any estimated timeline? Also, will MP be included as a patch, or for-pay add-on?
gwgardner
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by gwgardner »

The developer has said that MP is already in the game, but not playtested. He has also stated that hotseat will come before true multiplayer. As to cost, I have no idea.
n0kn0k

Post by n0kn0k »

76mm wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:52 am
pavelk wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:01 pm the game internally fully supports multiplayer processing...We decided to go for singleplayer for now but it is definitely something we will address in future.
I'm very interested in this game, especially MP, but after being burned with a couple of games (cough, cough WiF), am concerned that MP will never arrive, at least for the foreseeable future. I know it is hard to say, but any estimated timeline? Also, will MP be included as a patch, or for-pay add-on?
I've already seen hotseat at work with the 3 big factions on 1 PC, so don't worry about that at least. Can't speak for full PBEM or MP but I trust the dev to come up with MP if he says so. :D
But for competitive multiplayer the game will probably need some tweaking to get the most "gamey" stuff out of it. Unless you want to play with house rules to prevent it.
If you take a waterway of 1 or 2 tiles, you can shut it down by building 2 ports. And since those are indestructible you would actually have to land and take both cities to be able to pass.
Not sure if you'd like that in multiplayer. These are the things that need testing also. That takes a lot of time.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Really looking forward to MP with this game, I think it will be great...
budd
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by budd »

Will the MP include PBEM?
athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by athineos »

What are the plans for enabling hotseat for this wonderful game? I have two family members that would love to play aggressors with me.... :roll:
uncajerf
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by uncajerf »

Hey, all,

I can't answer if Aggressors will be 'retrofit' with MP, but a new game is on the way with PBEM, hotseat, and synchronous MP: http://imperiumsgame.com/

Cheers! :)

JRR
uncajerf

"Artillery adds dignity to what otherwise would be a vulgar brawl." -Frederick the Great
athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by athineos »

athineos wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:02 pm
What are the plans for enabling hotseat for this wonderful game? I have two family members that would love to play aggressors with me.... :roll:
I am not interested In the Imperiums Greek Wars at this point. I would just like to hear from the Developers for AGGRESSORS if they gave up on HOTSEAT or they are planning to implement it sometime in the near future??
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

athineos wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:25 pm I would just like to hear from the Developers for AGGRESSORS if they gave up on HOTSEAT or they are planning to implement it sometime in the near future?
Hello athineos,
the hotseat still has several issues which havent been addressed so hotseat is not about to be allowed officially. On the other hand, unofficially you can try it and I can explain quite a simple hack how to allow it. Please join our Discord to discuss it further. I am happy to tell you how to try it.
All the best in the new year!
athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by athineos »

Thanks Pavelk. I tried it the hotseat workaround as you suggested. Unfortunately, there is a bug since it has not been tested enough (I know, you warned me about this). The scrolling ability for the player that is added for the hotseat, is not working. It is so annoying I won’t be using it for now. I hope this will be fixed for Aggressors in a future update, maybe?

Return to “Aggressors: Ancient Rome”