Stack opening.

A mix of deep gameplay and rich historical flavor, Aggressors: Ancient Rome lets you relive history as the ruler of one of the mighty civilizations of the ancient Mediterranean. Choose one of twenty available factions and conquer the world.
stormbringer3
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Stack opening.

Post by stormbringer3 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:09 pm

One of the things I'm having trouble with is opening a stack. If the helmets are over an adjacent tile with a unit etc. clicking on them almost always me that other unit. I find myself enlarging about as much as possible then using the arrow keys to to recenter and then click on the helmets. Am I missing the right way to do it? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Stack opening.

Post by Cablenexus » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:25 pm

There are actually 3 methods to select a unit within a stack.
See the UI help (second alinea)

I like to use leftclick while rightclicking on a stack myself the most to bring up the selector.

viewtopic.php?f=519&t=88125

stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:39 pm

Thanks. Just used your method. Great help!

gwgardner
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by gwgardner » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:13 pm

I use that method too. Can also double click on the banner.

pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:29 pm

This is a tricky thing. I also recommend to hold the right mouse button and left click but it is kind of a "hidden" way. We already addressed that couple of days ago (because that was one of the things players struggle the most) and it will be sorted out better in next update.

The problem is simple - when player clicks on a unit banner (when more units are on that tile) BUT there is a unit behind that banner, what should be selected? So far it was selecting the unit behind the banner (on the tile in the north from stack of units). In such case holding right mouse button and left click was pretty much the only choice how to open the unit selector. This will be fixed in the next version - once you click on a banner, it opens the unit behind but if you double click on the banner (or helmet) it will open the unit selector. There will also be a tooltip saying that double click opens the unit selector.
I hope this will make everyone's life easier.

Return to “Aggressors: Ancient Rome”