AI Advantage Question and General Scheme of Things Q

A mix of deep gameplay and rich historical flavor, Aggressors: Ancient Rome lets you relive history as the ruler of one of the mighty civilizations of the ancient Mediterranean. Choose one of twenty available factions and conquer the world.
lordhoff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

AI Advantage Question and General Scheme of Things Q

Post by lordhoff »

1. I've moved on to the randomly generated land masses and something I didn't expect happened. An AI player who happened to be part of my confederation took a city from me via "influence". I didn't think that a confederated party could do that and, indeed, when I tried to influence it back later, I got a message saying that couldn't be done to a confederated ally. I was using medium difficulty. Was this just a random blip or can the AI do this whilst the player cannot?

2. Just wondering. When one meets a new people, you are automatically at war. It just seems the opposite would be true. For instance, when the Persians met a new civilization, they sent emissaries first. Often war did happen but it wasn't a given. I'm wondering what the thinking was for the decision that war should be automatic as I am sure there is good reason for it.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Re: AI Advantage Question and General Scheme of Things Q

Post by pavelk »

I am really surprised by the first point. AI behaves exactly the same way as human player, so this is either misunderstanding (And something else caused that like state decision or objective) or a bug. Do you have an end turn save file right before this happened? If you do, can you send it over? I will check it out.

Re 2 - yes it was a design decision and I am not sure if default "relationship" between tribes was peace especially playing the random map. For an owner of land where another player disembarks, it is usually an intruder and the other way around. It was common that those "players" (nations) right after they met signed peace ,but you can do the same in Aggressors. In short - you can still negotiate the peace straight away but I doubt that there was something like a "convention" of staying in peace when meeting unknown nation (especially in pre-ancient and ancient era).
lordhoff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by lordhoff »

1. I doubt that I do. I can load the oldest save from that game and see but there's no guarantee that would be the turn it happened. The reason I assume it's a influence issue is that the information window said Ptolemaic influence had grown and the city decided to join them. Now, in the random terrain game, my limited experience has been that moral is low so maybe it was a moral issue and the information window (or, whatever it's called) just made me believe otherwise.

2. OK. Thinking about it more, the Persians emissaries demanded submission which implies a state of war as did the Mongols and likely most others. There are always exceptions like the American indians - most left the early settlers alone as they seemed more wanting to fight other tribes then the new comers and the natives of Mexico greeted the Spanish as potential allies against the Aztecs. Likely aberrations, though and the game can have peace being made prior to any hostilities so I have changed my mind.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

If you don't have the end turn save right before it happened, it is very unlikely that the same event happens. I am almost sure that it was due to some objective reward or state decision (in some cases this is allowed in rewards of particular objectives) and the message is the same, however it is not "influence unit" action.

Return to “Aggressors: Ancient Rome”