size of scenarios

A mix of deep gameplay and rich historical flavor, Aggressors: Ancient Rome lets you relive history as the ruler of one of the mighty civilizations of the ancient Mediterranean. Choose one of twenty available factions and conquer the world.
dejvid2
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

size of scenarios

Post by dejvid2 »

What is the size of scenario you prefer?
For me the standard Med scenario at 87x44 is the upper limit but I prefer smaller ones of around 30x30.
Yet many of the scenarios are far larger than the standard Med scenario and from the comments on this forum it seems that this
is not just the preference of those who write scenarios.

I'm curious as to why people like larger scenarios (and how you find the time to play such large scenarios to completion).
Rosseau
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: size of scenarios

Post by Rosseau »

I prefer the smaller scenarios as well.

This game is underrated, imo. So I need to get a review up on Steam now that I have had time to play it. Lots of depth beneath the surface and also on display. Excellent UI as far as I can tell.

I would gladly buy another era of war using this system. WW2 is obvious, but we have a lot of Grand Strategic choices right now, and good ones.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Rosseau wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:19 amI prefer the smaller scenarios as well.
Smaller means smaller than the campaign map?
Rosseau wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:19 amSo I need to get a review up on Steam now that I have had time to play it.
We would definitely appreciate it, thank you!
Rosseau wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:19 amI would gladly buy another era of war using this system. WW2 is obvious, but we have a lot of Grand Strategic choices right now, and good ones.
Isnt WW2 a bit overplayed?
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I agree, so I'd take any other era the devs might choose as workable with this system! Maybe a DLC.
BananaMon
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by BananaMon »

There's a new game in the making. :D Imperiums Greek Wars. It focuses on the time period of Phillipp II of Macedon. I think it looks like a new and polished iteration following aggressors with one of the most detailed maps so far. Watch the intro video.
dejvid2

Post by dejvid2 »

Rosseau wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:19 am I prefer the smaller scenarios as well.
That's good to know that I'm not alone in my preference - I shall keep on producing my smaller scenarios.

Return to “Aggressors: Ancient Rome”