Cannot Run Game I Just Bought

Tech Support
baloo7777
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Cannot Run Game I Just Bought

Post by baloo7777 »

After reading through the various threads of people not able to play or even start the game, I realized that not only am I experiencing the same problem, but I have also been put into a no-win loop of "make sure you have the latest version [1.05]" and followed by me downloading and installing 1.05 then checking updater and finding a "newer version available" but will not download it as I must "make sure I have the latest version [1.05]" and it exits the updater with a 404-page not found...wth... I just bought the big pack with all the DLC content. Warhammer - Armegedon downloaded and played fine, which is why I went with the big Relics pack. I am 62 and not that tech savvy and don't want to deal with workarounds and finding why Armegedon works but Relics doesn't. I will put a help ticket in and see if I can return it for my money back... btw... I have 13 pages of games from Matrix/Slitherine, so I'm not new at this. Maybe I can get a Steam key and get it to work there. Not fun to spend $100 and not be able to even start the game.
baloo7777

Re: Cannot Run Game I Just Bought

Post by baloo7777 »

So... I was able to redeem my Steam key(s) and it worked fine on Steam (was already upgraded to 1.07).
Never heard back from Matrix/Slitherine on the help ticket or here. Wth has happened to Matrix/Slitherine? I was always able to get help or at least an answer. 15 or so years purchasing games from them online. 13 pages of games in my account.
I realize games can have issues, but this one has been out for several years, and there is a difference between a game bug, and not being able to start playing the game you just purchased. And I read all the other similar problem threads (belatedly) and upgraded my sound and my video to the latest version, but that did not help. I can play the game with my Steam account on my desktop... not a particularly useful workaround. What happens if I purchase a game from the Matrix store in the future? Is it let the buyer beware? :|
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Cannot Run Game I Just Bought

Post by VPaulus »

I can't see any ticket created by you in support related with your issue. What's the ticket number?

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Tech Support”