Failed to create device

Tech Support
2eggsscrambled
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Failed to create device

Post by 2eggsscrambled »

I was able to play the game for about 2 hours then when I turned off my pc and back on it would constantly give me an error code after accessing the launcher. I've tried driver updates, changing the version, and uninstalling and reinstalling. I have not been able to play since. Please help asap
Attachments
Gladius.error.zip
(11.08 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
inforecomputer.zip
(195.78 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
vulkan error.JPG
vulkan error.JPG (25.54 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Failed to create device

Post by zakblood »

sorry for your issue, can you provide the report in this format, as the one provided doesn't have all the detail of the one which is requested, in the link viewtopic.php?f=523&t=86743

System Information (Windows)
Additionally you may be requested to provide a snapshot of your computer’s hardware and software configuration to help us diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.

To obtain the DxDiag file:
1. Press Windows Key + R.
2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
4. Name the file "dxdiag" and click Save.
2eggsscrambled

Post by 2eggsscrambled »

Here is the Dxdiag file
Attachments
DxDiag.zip
(17.3 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

install this driver then go into safe mode and try the game, safemode will disable all the junk the system loads by default,

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support ... Win10%2064

if it works, then you will need to see one by one which junk is being loaded that the game doesn't like, normally it's something that conflicts with the game, eg motherboard drivers like tools, or Emulation mode used by some drivers, as i see you have done a default install of Nvidia drivers, so use all the junk which Nvidia wishes you to have and have over written the default mother board drivers, which work with the game, others may or may not fully support the game or work correctly.

NVIDIA VGA drivers work, and work well, but having them load sound driver and tools onto a pc which already have a fully working set of correct drivers, can and does on some system cause issues

how to correctly install Nvidia drivers are in the last post of this thread and or try the repair tool or reinstall the vulkan drivers or pre requisites for the game

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4454024

https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Tech Support”