v1.6.0 Update error

Tech Support
o cares
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

v1.6.0 Update error

Post by o cares »

since i started playing the the assualt pack dlc the game doesn't feel right, if anyone noticed there is a second delay between clicking somthing and the game starts to actualy excute what i clicked

goes for eveything from moving a unit from point A to B wont move immediatly , using a unit ability (jink, jump,etc...) to even acquiring a tile it takes a second for the tile to be acquired and changed to the player color.

it wont be noticible in early turns but as the game drags on it will start happening after 50+ turns it will take more then 2 seconds and it will become more irritating spiecally in large game as i always play with 14 players. I also put animation speed to 80 since my games are long .

please note that it is not a frame rate issue. the game performance show that fps are between 50 to 60 and
My graphic card is up to date.

also today the games crashed with the below error, quiting and reload the game didnt fixed it had to start a new game .
Attachments
Screenshot (137).png
Screenshot (137).png (22.55 KiB) Viewed 1398 times
pvgoran
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: v1.6.0 Update error

Post by pvgoran »

I have the same (or a similar) problem with delayed execution of orders. Only it's much worse in my case.

Here are the details. I just completed the Tau campaign (standard settings: medium map, 3 opponents), and I have a save game near the end, at turn 141. When I move my unit into firing range of 3 enemy units, my unit gets there, then there is a ~15 seconds delay, then one of enemy units does an overwatch attack, after another 15 seconds the second enemy unit does an overwatch attack, and after the last 15 seconds the third enemy unit does an overwatch attack. Of course, only after this happens, my unit has a chance to fire.

During these ~45 seconds I can scroll around, select other units and issue orders. (Although I didn't check whether issuing orders to other units changes this ~15 seconds delay.) A similar thing happens with other actions, too: I deploy a drone, and it only appears after a large delay (something like 10-15 seconds, too). I do some healing/buffing, and it goes into effect after a delay. (I can even cancel the action or replace it with some other action during the delay.) Apart from being very time-consuming, it also messes my action ordering: I can order a drone to heal the unit, and then order this unit to move to other place, then the movement will be executed first, which will prevent healing.

I also tried to start a new game (Space Marines, again 3 opponents and medium map), and observed other interesting results. When I capture a resource with my starting Tactical Space Marine squad, the resource starts showing in my color (blue) only in ~12 seconds after my unit moves over it. This feels like the same issue. I tried to start with disabled "simultaneous turns", this doesn't seem to change anything. On top of this, advancing to the next turn is quite slow, it takes about a minute - and this is at the very start of the game!

This doesn't seem to be a performance problem: I'm getting smooth picture and interface response, the framerate is something like 40, and the CPU is mostly idle (the Task Manager show ~3% CPU consumption by the game's process).

And if I downgrade the game to version 1.2.8 (r6922P) by choosing a Beta Channel in GOG Galaxy, the problems no longer occur in a fresh game! (I can't verify the late-stage game for obvious reasons.) Advancing to the next turn takes just a few seconds with this version, and resources are captured instantly. So something was apparently broken between that old version and the latest one, 1.7.2. (I also tried to downgrade to 1.6.3, it has the same problem as the latest version.)

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Tech Support”