[Mod v1.2.2 & DLC's] Selection Circle Removal v1.0

Jaylo101
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

[Mod v1.2.2 & DLC's] Selection Circle Removal v1.0

Post by Jaylo101 »

Selection Circle Removal v1.0

This mod simply removes the unnecessary unit selection circles, dashed outline around resources and the glowy team colouring
border around your city tiles.

The files are:
SelectionCircle.dds - Unit selection circles
OutpostBorder.dds - Dashed outline around resources
Border.dds - City tile team colour border

If you don't want to use a particular texture removal then just delete that texture from the mod folder after you have placed
the mod folder into your documents.
Before and after screenshots are included.

Installation

Copy the mod folder to "YOURNAME\Documents\Proxy Studios\Gladius\Mods\".

Before and after removal:
Image Image

Hosted on Nexus Mods:
https://www.nexusmods.com/warhammer4000 ... escription
Last edited by Jaylo101 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: [Mod Release v1.0.8] Selection Circle Removal v1.0

Post by ErissN6 »

Jaylo101 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:56 amThis mod simply removes the unnecessary unit selection circles, dashed outline around resources and the glowy team colouring border around your city tiles.
:?: What? What's the purpose? removing UI to make screenshots?
I already find the selection circles are not enough big, because
. sometimes I move a unit instead of the selected that I didn't see the selection,
. and the light blue SM resource circle seems the grey neutral.

Rather make a mod to show all the circles more clear please :D
Jaylo101
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Jaylo101 »

ErissN6 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:32 pm
Jaylo101 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:56 amThis mod simply removes the unnecessary unit selection circles, dashed outline around resources and the glowy team colouring border around your city tiles.
:?: What? What's the purpose? removing UI to make screenshots?
I already find the selection circles are not enough big, because
. sometimes I move a unit instead of the selected that I didn't see the selection,
. and the light blue SM resource circle seems the grey neutral.

Rather make a mod to show all the circles more clear please :D
You obviously don’t understand the purpose of the mod.
The selection circles, resource dashed outline and city tile border are ugly and spoil the visual look of the terrain & units.
So to make them clearer would defeat the purpose of this mod and I won’t be doing that.

These circles and outlines are there to hold your hand, I don’t need my hand held and much prefer a more natural visual look.
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

Jaylo101 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:54 pmThese circles and outlines are there to hold your hand, I don’t need my hand held and much prefer a more natural visual look.
If not for screenshots, I don't understand: How can you then say what unit is selected and what resource is yours??
Jaylo101
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Jaylo101 »

ErissN6 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:19 pm
Jaylo101 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:54 pmThese circles and outlines are there to hold your hand, I don’t need my hand held and much prefer a more natural visual look.
If not for screenshots, I don't understand: How can you then say what unit is selected and what resource is yours??
If you are playing the game then you should know that when you take a resource you have your faction outpost with team coloured flags put around the resource. There’s no need at all for an ugly dashed outline around the resource as well.

When you select a unit it gets displayed in your ui so no need for a big and not very subtle circle around it.
It’s quite clear what the changes are in the screenshots in the first post.
eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by eddieballgame »

Interesting idea, though I am wondering how this looks per the mini-map.

"You obviously don’t understand the purpose of the mod."
Is not a very endearing way to sell your idea per a mod.

"The selection circles, resource dashed outline and city tile border are ugly and spoil the visual look of the terrain & units."
That is an opinion, personally I like them...especially in my mp games.
I acknowledge, however, some may not; so this is a good way to implement that choice.
Jaylo101
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Jaylo101 »

eddieballgame wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:21 pm Interesting idea, though I am wondering how this looks per the mini-map.

"You obviously don’t understand the purpose of the mod."
Is not a very endearing way to sell your idea per a mod.

"The selection circles, resource dashed outline and city tile border are ugly and spoil the visual look of the terrain & units."
That is an opinion, personally I like them...especially in my mp games.
I acknowledge, however, some may not; so this is a good way to implement that choice.
No change to the mini map, it's just textures in the main game.

I'm not trying to sell my idea, the mod's up for people to use or not as they want.
The mod is a very simple one clearly explained with added screenshots as well in the first post so I don't need silly posts asking me what's the purpose of the mod.

Also the same person asks this:
"If not for screenshots, I don't understand: How can you then say what unit is selected and what resource is yours??"

For someone who is supposed to be playing the game that sentence is just silly too as they should clearly know how.

It is my opinion that I like to play without them and it is your opinion that you play with them, but it is fact from a cinematic visual perspective that the map looks much better without lots of team coloured dashed outlines on it as well as
a big glowy team colour border around your nice looking cities.

I do concur that you need them in mp, but this mod is purely for the single player.
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

Jaylo101 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:47 pmwhen you take a resource you have your faction outpost with team coloured flags put around the resource.
Yes, but they are tiny, we must zoom on to guess. I play the more unzoomed to have maximum strategical intemlligence.
When you select a unit it gets displayed in your ui
Sure, but it does not says what exactly is the unit selected on the map. I play mainly TacticalMarines, often they are grouped tight.

So your mod is not for me, I need its reverse to play more easily. That's why I wondered how it would be usefull to me.
I can understand you, but you have to understand others... You may feel everybody have to use your mod, but you're wrong with me, I don't have to be like you (and I don't want to).
Jaylo101
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: [Mod v1.2.2 & DLC's] Selection Circle Removal v1.0

Post by Jaylo101 »

Mod works for game version 1.2.2 and DLC's.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Modding”