Autarch Movement Fix

Siouxzahn
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Autarch Movement Fix

Post by Siouxzahn »

This one is pretty simple (the irony of my long-winded post is not lost on me). I've just finished playing my first Aeldari campaign and I found the Autarch's movement rate to be what I can only assume is mistakenly low. With move of only 3, it is one less than any Eldar infantry (except wraith blades). Considering that the Autarch is not only a living Eldar infantry model, but a jump pack infantry, this is clearly not intentional. My guess is either this was a simple mistake or holdover from a build where Eldar had move three as standard, or even an opposite than intended alteration. I think it's reasonable to assume that the Autarch was meant to have move 5, thanks to jump pack, and to reflect parity with the Howling Banshees, and somebody adjusted the move value -1 from standard 4, instead of +1. Given the Autarch's playstyle, and importance of positioning for its buffs, I think it needs move 4 as a minimum, and 5 would be entirely reasonable to suit its function. During my first game, the Autarch was constantly dragging behind the army, and never where it needed to be. I ended up riding it around in a Wave Serpent, dumping it out for the accuracy buff, them loading it back up and never getting it's combat value. So yeah, more movement. Love your game.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Suggestions”